BUFFALO SABRES NOTES:
Wednesday, March 15
Buffalo 4 at Washington 5 (SO)
Goals: Lyubushkin, Peterka, Jost, Girgensons
Goalies: Luukkonen (35 saves/39 shots)
PP: 0/2; PK: 1/3; Shots: Buffalo 27 – Washington 39
CURRENT INJURIES – (Man Games Lost: 122)
Player (injury, first game missed) – total games missed
Eric Comrie (lower body) – 2 games
Mattias Samuelsson (upper body) – 2 games
TRANSACTIONS IN PAST SEVEN DAYS
3/13: Activated F Alex Tuch from injured reserve
Sunday, March 19: Boston at Buffalo, 1:00 p.m.
Tuesday, March 21: Nashville at Buffalo, 7:00 p.m.
Friday, March 24: New Jersey at Buffalo, 7:00 p.m.
Saturday, March 25: Buffalo at NY Islanders, 5:00 p.m.
Monday, March 27: Montreal at Buffalo, 7:00 p.m.
SABRES AT FLYERS
• This is the second of three meetings between the Sabres and Flyers this season.
• Last meeting: Philadelphia defeated Buffalo 4-0 in Buffalo on Jan. 9.
• The Sabres are 5-3-2 in their last 10 games against the Flyers; 3-6-1 on the road.
• This is the 194th game all-time between Buffalo and Philadelphia; Buffalo has a 75-92-26 series record.
• The Sabres are 28-55-15 on the road against the Flyers all-time.
THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW
• Buffalo has earned a win in five of their last six games against Philadelphia dating back to March 31, 2021.
• A win today would also give Buffalo 34 wins on the season, two more than they earned in 82 games in 2021-22.
• The Sabres last earned 34 or more wins in a season in 2015-16 (35).
• Alex Tuch has recorded six goals in his last seven games dating back to Feb. 15 at Anaheim.
• Tuch has tallied nine points (6+3) in that span.
• Rasmus Dahlin is one assist away from becoming the first Sabres defenseman since Phil Housley in 1989-90 (60) to record 50 or more assists in a single season.
• With an assist, he would join Housley and John Van Boxmeer as the only defensemen in franchise history to reach 50 assists in a single season.
• In his last 10 games, Dylan Cozens has collected nine points (6+3).
• Tage Thompson has recorded 37 points (16+21) in his last 34 games, including 18 points (7+11) in his last 15 games.
• Thompson needs one goal in tonight’s game to become the first Sabres skater to record 43 or more goals in a season since Thomas Vanek (43) in 2006-07.
• Jeff Skinner has notched 17 points (9+8) in his last 15 games.
• JJ Peterka has notched seven points (2+5) in his last eight games, including three points (1+2) in his last two games.
• A point in tonight’s game would give Peterka his fourth point streak of three or more games in 2022-23.
PHILADELPHIA FLYERS NOTES:
Philadelphia Flyers vs. Buffalo Sabres
Wells Fargo Center
TV: NBCSP | Radio: 93.3 WMMR
DATE OPPONENT LOCATION TIME (ET) BROADCAST INFO.
Sat., March 18 Carolina Hurricanes Wells Fargo Center 5 p.m. ESPN+, Hulu/93.3 WMMR
Tue., March 21 Florida Panthers Wells Fargo Center 7 p.m. NBCSP/97.5 The Fanatic
Thur., March 23 Minnesota Wild Wells Fargo Center 6:30 p.m. ESPN/97.5 The Fanatic
PLAYER INJURY DATES GAMES MISSED
Wade Allison undisclosed, day-to-day 3/9-present 3
Cam Atkinson IR-upper body 9/25-present 67
Sean Couturier IR-back 9/19-present 67
Ryan Ellis LTIR-groin/hip/back 10/11-present 67
Travis Konecny IR-upper body 2/21-present 9
2022-23 TOTAL MAN GAMES LOST: 356
FLYERS VS. SABRES: HEAD-TO-HEAD
98-68-27 ALL-TIME RECORD 75-92-26
58-23-17 HOME 47-37-11
40-45-10 ROAD 28-55-15
1-4-0 LAST 5 MEETINGS 4-1-0
5-5-0 LAST 10 MEETINGS 5-3-2
615 GOALS SCORED 561
21.7% POWER PLAY 23.1%
76.9% PENALTY KILL 78.3%
van Riemsdyk: 28 pts (19-9=28) in 48 GP
Hayes: 17 pts (5-12=17) in 26 GP
Provorov: 13 pts (5-8=13) in 23 GP
TEAM SCORING LEADERS Skinner: 34 pts (17-17=34) in 47 GP
Okposo: 31 pts (10-21=31) in 56 GP
Dahlin: 10 pts (1-9=10) in 17 GP
Hart: 3-2-0, 2.73 GAA, .906 SV%, 1 SO in 7 GP
Sandstrom: 0-1-0, 4.11 GAA, .897 SV% in 1 GP
TEAM GOALTENDERS Anderson: 14-10-3, 2.96 GAA, .912 SV%, 1 SO in 29 GP
Comrie: 1-0-0, 0.00 GAA, 1.000 SV%, 1 SO in 1 GP
2022-23 SEASON SERIES (ALL TIMES EASTERN)
January 9 KeyBank Center PHI (4), BUF (0)
March 17 Wells Fargo Center 7 p.m.
3/15 – Loaned G Samuel Ersson to Lehigh Valley (AHL)
3/14 – Recalled F Tyson Foerster and G Samuel Ersson from Lehigh Valley (AHL) on an emergency basis
3/12 – Loaned F Elliot Desnoyers and F Tyson Foerster to Lehigh Valley (AHL)
3/10 – Relieved President of Hockey Operations & General Manger, Chuck Fletcher, of his duties; Named Daniel Briere Interim GM
LUCK OF THE IRISH
- Philadelphia takes on the Buffalo Sabres for a St. Patrick’s Day showdown, one of four NHL games played Friday.
- The Flyers are 12-10-3 all-time on St. Patrick’s Day games, including a 2-1-1 record in the last four contests.
- This is the second time in team history that Philadelphia plays Buffalo on St. Patrick’s Day, last, a 5-3 victory in 1978-79.
- The Flyers tallied 40 hits Feb. 11 vs. NSH for their sixth game of 40-plus hits this season. The six games of 40-plus hits are the most in a single season since recording 13 games during the 2014-15 season.
- Philadelphia recorded a franchise-best 59 hits Nov. 12 vs. OTT. The 59 hits are tied for the ninth-most in a regular season game in NHL history.
- Philadelphia registered 30 blocked shots Feb. 12 at CGY for its fifth game of the season with 30-plus blocked shots
– the most 30-plus blocked shot games in a Flyers season since 2005-06. The Flyers tallied a season-high 32 blocked shots Oct. 27 vs. FLA.
- The Flyers rank third in the NHL with 1,173 blocked shots and 1,865 hits.
- Friday’s and Saturday’s games mark the Flyers’ 13th back-to-back set of 15 this season.
- This set marks the final home back-to-backs this season:
- Nov. 12 vs. OTT (4-1 L); Nov. 13 vs. DAL (5-1 L)
- Feb. 11 vs. NSH (2-1 OTL); Feb. 12 vs. SEA (4-3 L)
- March 17 vs. BUF; March 18 vs. CAR
- Philadelphia continues its season-high seven-game homestand Friday (March 14-28) and plays nine of its 13 games in March at home.
- The Flyers have played in four extra session games in the last eight home contests, posting a 1-0-3 record in those games. Flyers are 1-0-4 in extra play games at home this season.
- Philadelphia is 6-7-3 in its last 16 home games and 12-16-4 in 32 home games this season.
- The Flyers have scored three-plus goals in 11 of its last 19 home games. The Flyers are 11-4-2 at home this season when scoring three-plus goals.
- The Flyers are 4-6-2 in the first game of a back-to-back this season and 2-10-0 in the second.