VANCOUVER CANUCKS NOTES:
TV: Sportsnet Pacific, Bally Sports Midwest
Radio: Sportsnet 650
• Tonight marks the second of three meetings between the Canucks and the Blues this season: Dec. 19 (5-1 L @ VAN), Feb. 23 (away) and Mar. 28 (away).
• Vancouver is 77-99-18-5 all-time against St. Louis, including a 32-54-9-2 record on the road.
• The Canucks are 4-4-2 in their last 10 games against the Blues, including 1-4-0 in their last five.
• Tyler Myers leads all active Canucks skaters in games played (29) against the Blues (1-7-8 in those games).
• Elias Pettersson has 12 points (4-8-12) in nine career games against St. Louis to lead all active Canucks.
• Conor Garland has 11 points (5-6-11) in 15 career games against St. Louis.
• J.T. Miller has nine points (4-5-9) in 14 career games against St. Louis.
• Collin Delia has yet to face the Blues in his career.
• Arturs Silovs has yet to face the Blues in his career.
• Elias Pettersson has 20 points (9-11-20) in his last 13 games.
• J.T. Miller has 10 points (1-9-10) in his last nine games.
• Quinn Hughes has nine points (1-8-9) in his last seven games.
• Brock Boeser has nine points (1-8-9) in his last nine games.
• Conor Garland has seven points (3-4-7) in his last eight games.
• Anthony Beauvillier has seven points (4-3-7) in his last six games.
• Andrei Kuzmenko has six points (4-2-6) in his last four games.
LAST MEETING – DEC. 19/22: VAN 1 vs STL 5
Ilya Mikheyev evened the score at 1-1 with his 10th goal of the season at 12:24 in the second period, just 1:59 after St. Louis opened the scoring…It marked Mikheyev’s second career double-digit goal season (21 last season)…Quinn Hughes recorded the lone assist on the play for his 27th assist in as many games to start the season…Luke Schenn led all skaters in hits (6) and co-led in blocks (2)…Brock Boeser registered a team-high five shots on goal…Spencer Martin faced 27 shots.
2022.23 TEAM RANKS
Goals For/Game 3.37 (10th) 3.04 (t-20th)
Goals Against/Game 4.02 (31st) 3.65 (29th)
Power Play % 23.4 (10th) 21.1 (t-17th)
Penalty Kill % 65.7 (32nd) 75.2 (24th)
Penalty Min./Game 9:07 (20th) 7:13 (2nd)
*Rankings are accurate as of 4:00pm PT on February 23, 2023
LAST GAME PLAYED – FEB. 21/23: VAN 4 at NSH 5 (SO)
Andrei Kuzmenko scored his first goal of the night at 12:47 in the second period…Ethan Bear and Quinn Hughes were credited with the assists…Sheldon Dries registered his eighth goal of the season on the power play to tie the game at two…Brock Boeser and Conor Garland recorded assists on the play…Garland registered his second point of the night with a goal at 18:53 in the third period…Hughes and Elias Pettersson were both credited with the helpers…Kuzmenko scored the game-tying goal with 16 seconds remaining in regulation, assisted by J.T. Miller and Anthony Beauvillier …Garland led the team in shots (6)…Kyle Burroughs led the team in hits (5)…Collin Delia made 22 saves and stopped two shootout attempts.
LAST 5 vs ST. LOUIS
• Dec. 19/22: VAN 1 vs STL 5
• Mar. 30/22: VAN 3 vs STL 4
• Mar. 28/22: VAN 1 @ STL 4
• Jan. 23/22: VAN 1 vs STL 3
• Jan. 27/20: VAN 3 vs STL 1
• Aatu Räty and Guillaume Brisebois recalled from Abbotsford, Feb. 22
• Phillip Di Giuseppe assigned to Abbotsford, Feb. 22
• Oliver Ekman-Larsson placed on injured reserve, Feb. 21
• William Lockwood activated from injured reserve and assigned to Abbotsford, Feb. 20
• Christian Wolanin recalled from Abbotsford, Feb. 18
• Travis Dermott placed on injured reserve, Feb. 18
• Tanner Pearson placed on LTIR, Feb. 17
• Arturs Silovs recalled from Abbotsford, Feb. 14
• Spencer Martin assigned to Abbotsford, Feb. 14
• Spencer Martin placed on waivers, Feb. 13
ST. LOUIS BLUES NOTES:
Brandon Saad – Upper-Body (Announced on Feb. 16)
Jake Neighbours – Upper-Body (Will be re-evaluated in 5 weeks; announced on Feb. 20)
2022-23 Total Man Games Lost: 237
20 – Placed forward Jake Neighbours on IR; Activated defenseman Marco Scandella and Scott Perunovich from IR; Assigned Perunovich to the Springfield Thunderbirds (AHL)
18 – Recalled forwards Nikita Alexandrov and Matthew Highmore from the Springfield Thunderbirds (AHL)
17 – Acquired a 2023 First and Third-Round draft pick, as well a 2024 Second-Round draft pick and forwards Mikhail Abramov and Adam Gaudette from the Toronto Maple Leafs in exchange for forwards Ryan O’Reilly and Noel Acciari
BLUES VS. CANUCKS
- This will be the 2nd of 3 matchups between the Blues and Canucks this season (Final matchup on Mar. 28 in St. Louis)
- The Blues won the 1st matchup of the season, 5-1 on Dec. 19 in Vancouver
- The Blues went 3-0-0 against Vancouver last season (2-0-0 away; 1-0-0 at home)
- The Blues have won 4 straight matchups against Vancouver, outscoring the Canucks 16-6, only allowing the Canucks 1 goal in 3 of those 4 games
- The Blues have earned points in 7 of their last 8 games against Vancouver (6-1-1 in those 8 games)
- The Blues are 2-0-1 in their last 3 games against Vancouver at Enterprise Center
- The Blues are also 6-1-1 in their last 8 home games against the Canucks
- The Blues have not allowed a power play goal to the Canucks in 6 straight matchups, going 18 for 18 on the penalty kill over those 6 games
- Jordan Binnington’s next start will be the 203rd of his career, which will move him into a tie for 5th on the Blues all-time franchise list with Greg Millen
2/25 – vs. Pittsburgh
2/28 – vs. Seattle
3/2 – at San Jose
3/4 – at Los Angeles
3/7 – at Arizona
A LOOK AHEAD
- The Blues will play 3 more games in February, both of which will come at Enterprise Center
- The Blues will play 1 more game against the Eastern Conference this month (Saturday vs. Pittsburgh), as well as 2 more against the Western Conference (Tonight vs. Vancouver & Feb. 28 vs. Seattle)
- The Blues will play 15 games in March (9 away; 6 home)
- The Blues are 22-8-0 this season when scoring first, which shares the 11th most wins in the NHL (1. Boston, 29-0-3 / Carolina, 29-4-4)
- The Blues are 1 of 4 teams to record 3 multi-goal third period comeback wins this season (Kings/Islanders/Ducks)
- The Blues have 9 players who have scored at least 10 goals this season, which shares 3rd in the NHL (1. Seattle, 11 players)