VANCOUVER CANUCKS NOTES:
TV: Sportsnet Pacific, MSGSN
Radio: Sportsnet 650
• Tonight marks the second and final meeting between the Canucks and Islanders this season: Jan. 3 (6-2 L @ VAN) and Feb. 9 (away).
• Vancouver is 46-55-13-3 all-time against New York, including a 18-28-10-2 record on the road.
• The Canucks are 4-5-1in their last 10 games against the Islanders, including 3-2-0 in their last five.
• Recent Canucks acquisition Anthony Beauvillier played 457 games with the Islanders from 2016 to 2023, recording 209 points (102-107-209).
• J.T. Miller leads all active Canucks in career scoring vs the Islanders with 14 points (8-6-14) in 29 games.
• Quinn Hughes has six points (2-4-6) in six career games against the Islanders.
• Conor Garland has four points (2-2-4) in six career games against the Islanders.
• Vasily Podkolzin has registered a point in each of his two career games against the Islanders (1-1-2), including netting the GWG in New York last season.
• Luke Schenn leads active Canucks in career games played (38) against New York.
• Spencer Martin has played one career game vs the Islanders, turning aside 23 of 28 shots earlier this season.
• Collin Delia registered an overtime loss in his only career game vs the Islanders (Jan. 3/19), setting career-highs in shots faced (50, t-1st) and saves (47).
• Quinn Hughes has 16 points (4-12-16) in his last 12 games.
• Elias Pettersson has 16 points (5-11-16) in his last 14 games.
• J.T. Miller has 16 points (5-11-16) in his last 15 games.
• Andrei Kuzmenko has 12 points (7-5-12) in his last 14 games.
• Conor Garland has six points (2-4-6) in his last six games.
LAST MEETING – JAN. 3/23: VAN 2 vs NYI 6
Bo Horvat opened the scoring with his team-leading 27th goal of the season at 18:23 in the first period to give the Canucks a 1-0 lead entering the second period…Oliver Ekman-Larsson and Brock Boeser collected the assists…Horvat notched his second goal of the game at 18:54 in the second period, on the power play, for his ninth multi-goal game of the season…J.T. Miller and Quinn Hughes assisted on the play…William Lockwood led the team in hits (4) in his third game of the season…J.T. Miller won 10 of 13 faceoffs…Spencer Martin faced 28 shots.
2022.23 TEAM RANKS
Goals For/Game 3.31 (11th) 2.85 (25th)
Goals Against/Game 3.94 (31st) 2.63 (t-3rd)
Power Play % 22.5 (t-14th) 15.8 (t-30th)
Penalty Kill % 66.4 (32nd) 83.3 (t-3rd)
Penalty Min./Game 9:36 (21st) 8:34 (t-15th)
*Rankings are accurate as of 4:00pm PT on February 9, 2023
Vancouver Canucks: Media Notes
LAST GAME PLAYED – FEB. 8/23: VAN 3 at NYR 4
Conor Garland got the Canucks on the board off a Quinn Hughes pass with his 10th goal of the season at 17:36 in the first period to cut the deficit to one goal…Vasily Podkolzin scored his first goal of the season at 16:06 in the second period to bring the Canucks back within one…former New York Ranger J.T. Miller collected his 500th NHL point on the play with the lone assist…Elias Pettersson beat an icing call to strike just 11 seconds after a Mika Zibanejad tally at 16:16 in the third period…Quinn Hughes picked up his second assist of the night while Brock Boeser registered the other assist…Luke Schenn and Riley Stillman co-led Vancouver skaters in hits (3) while six Canucks recorded two blocks…Elias Pettersson went 13-6 in the face-off circle…Spencer Martin faced 21 shots.
LAST 5 vs NEW YORK ISLANDERS
• Jan. 3/23: VAN 2 vs NYI 6
• Mar. 3/22: VAN 4 at NYI 3
• Feb. 9/22: VAN 3 vs NYI 6
• Mar. 10/20: VAN 5 vs NYI 4 (SO)
• Feb. 1/20: VAN 4 at NYI 3 (OT)
• Phillip Di Giuseppe, Vasily Podkolzin, and Nils Aman recalled from Abbotsford, Feb. 4
NEW YORK ISLANDERS NOTES:
DATE NYI RESULT SCORE NYI SCORERS IN GOAL
Tuesday, Feb. 7 Win NYI 4 vs. SEA 0 Bolduc, Holmstrom,
Samuel Bolduc scored his first career NHL goal and Bo Horvat tallied his first goal as an Islander in his home-ice debut as
the New York Islanders defeated the Seattle Kraken, 4-0, Tuesday night at UBS Arena. Simon Holmstrom tallied his third
career NHL goal, Brock Nelson extended his point streak to eight games, and net minder Ilya Sorokin turned aside all 32
shots he faced to help the Islanders earn their sixth team shutout of the season and fourth straight victory
Feb. 6 Hudson Fasching has been removed from the team’s IR list.
Feb. 5 Samuel Bolduc and Simon Holmstrom have been recalled from loan (Bridgeport). The New York Islanders have agreed to terms with forward Bo Horvat on an eight-year contract.
INJURIES GAMES MISSED
3 Adam Pelech Dec. 9 – Jan. 21
8 Noah Dobson Jan. 23 – Jan. 28
10 Simon Holmstrom Dec. 23 – Jan. 6
12 Josh Bailey Nov. 29
13 Mathew Barzal Jan. 6
15 Cal Clutterbuck Oct. 13, Nov. 8, Dec. 2- Dec. 6, Dec. 17 – Jan. 3, Jan. 21 –
20 Hudson Fasching Jan. 19 – Jan. 28
21 Kyle Palmieri Nov. 23 – Dec. 13, Dec. 17 – Jan. 21
25 Sebastian Aho Oct. 13 – Oct. 20
26 Oliver Wahlstrom Oct. 13, Dec. 29 –
40 Semyon Varlamov Dec. 19 – Jan. 1
Man Games Lost: 118
Tuesday, Feb. 7 vs. Seattle W (4-0)
Monday, Feb. 6 at Philadelphia W (2-1)
Saturday, Jan. 28 vs. Vegas W/OT (2-1)
Friday, Jan. 27 vs. Detroit W (2-0)
Wednesday, Jan. 25 at Ottawa L (2-1)
DATE LOCATION RESULT/TIME
Jan. 3, 2023 Rogers Arena W (6-2)
Feb. 9, 2023 UBS Arena 7:30pm
Feb. 11 at Montreal Bell Centre (Montreal, QC) 12:30pm
Feb. 14 vs. Ottawa UBS Arena (Belmont Park, NY) 7:30pm
Feb. 17 vs. Pittsburgh UBS Arena (Belmont Park, NY) 7:00pm
Feb. 18 at Boston TD Garden (Boston, MA) 5:00pm
Feb. 20 at Pittsburgh PPG Paints Arena (Pittsburgh, PA) 7:00pm
LAST FIVE MEETINGS VS. VANCOUVER:
Jan. 3, 2023 Rogers Arena (Vancouver, BC) Win (6-2)
Mar. 3, 2022 UBS Arena (Belmont Park, NY) Loss (4-3)
Feb. 9, 2022 Rogers Arena (Vancouver, BC) Win (6-3)
Mar. 10, 2020 Rogers Arena (Vancouver, BC) SO Loss (5-4)
Feb. 1, 2020 Barclays Center (Brooklyn, NY) OT Loss (4-3)
vs. THE CANUCKS:
Last five games 2-1-2
Franchise History 58-39-13-7
NYI Home 30-14-10-4
NYI Away 28-25-3-3
Tonight, the New York Islanders host the Vancouver Canucks in the second and final matchup between the two clubs this season. The last time these teams met was January 3, in Vancouver, when 11 Islanders found the scoresheet in a 6-2 victory, including Mathew Barzal, Casey Cizikas and Jean-Gabriel Pageau, who each recorded multi-point games. These teams also met last year on February 9, when the Islanders visited the Canucks and captured a 6-3 victory at Rogers Arena. The Islanders have collected points in 12 of their last 13 meetings with the Canucks, and in each of their last two contests against a Pacific Division foe.
Tuesday’s win over the Seattle Kraken was the Islanders’ fourth straight win. It is the third time this season that the Islanders have captured four consecutive victories and the first since November 21-26, 2022. A victory in tonight’s matchup would solidify the Islanders’ first five-game win streak since October 26 – November 3, 2022.