PHILADELPHIA FLYERS NOTES:
Philadelphia Flyers at Vancouver Canucks
TV: NBCSP | Radio: 97.5 The Fanatic
PLAYER INJURY DATES GAMES MISSED
Cam Atkinson IR-upper body 9/25-present 56
Sean Couturier IR-back 9/19-present 56
Ryan Ellis LTIR-groin/hip/back 10/11-present 56
Tanner Laczynski IR-lower body 12/7-present 30
Zack MacEwen upper body-jaw 1/28-present 6
2022-23 TOTAL MAN GAMES LOST: 296
FLYERS VS. CANUCKS: HEAD-TO-HEAD
78-35-15 ALL-TIME RECORD 37-74-17
43-21-2 HOME 15-33-14
35-14-13 ROAD 22-41-3
3-0-1 LAST 5 MEETINGS 2-3-0
6-2-2 LAST 10 MEETINGS 4-6-0
497 GOALS SCORED 371
36.0% POWER PLAY 26.0%
74.0% PENALTY KILL 64.0%
Ristolainen: 11 pts (2-9=11) in 15 GP
Braun: 11 pts (2-9=11) in 39 GP
van Riemsdyk: 10 pts (6-4=10) in 19 GP
TEAM SCORING LEADERS Beauvillier: 17 pts (10-7=17) in 25 GP
Miller: 16 pts (9-7=16) in 27 GP
Two players tied at 12 pts
Hart: 3-0-2, 1.95 GAA, .934 SV% in 5 GP
Ersson & Sandstrom: Have not faced VAN
TEAM GOALTENDERS Delia, Martin & Silovs: Have not faced PHI
2/13 – Recalled F Kieffer Bellows and G Sam Ersson from Lehigh Valley (AHL); Placed F Zack MacEwen on Injured Reserve
2/11 – Loaned F Kieffer Bellows to Lehigh Valley (AHL)
2/11 – Recalled F Olle Lycksell from Lehigh Valley (AHL)
- Philadelphia is 11-7-3 in their last 21 games. The Flyers rank T-9th in the NHL in wins since Dec. 29.
- The Flyers have earned points in 19 of its last 31 games (14-12-5), including a season-high four-game win streak, Dec. 29-Jan. 5.
- Philadelphia has allowed the opposing team to score first in 33 of its 56 games this season. Philadelphia ranks T-6th in the NHL with 11 wins when trailing first in a game. The Flyers have scored first in 12 of their last 19 games, ranking T-4th in the NHL in wins (8) when scoring first since Jan. 2.
- The Flyers tallied 40 hits Feb. 11 vs. NSH for their sixth game of 40-plus hits this season. The six games of 40-plus hits are the most in a single season since recording 13 games during the 2014-15 season.
- Philadelphia recorded a franchise-best 59 hits Nov. 12 vs. OTT. The 59 hits are tied for the ninth-most in a regular season game in NHL history.
- The Flyers lead the NHL with 1,599 hits and with 988 blocked shots.
VS. THE WEST
- The Flyers continue their seven-game stretch against a Western Conference opponent Saturday at VAN (Feb. 9-21), posting a 1-2-1 record in four games of the run so far.
- Philadelphia is 7-4-3 in its last 14 games and 11-8-5 this season against a Western Conference opponent.
- The Flyers are 5-2-3 against the West on the road and 6-6-2 against the West on home ice this season.
- Philadelphia swept the California road trip, Dec. 29-Jan. 2, for the first time in franchise history
VANCOUVER CANUCKS NOTES:
TV: Sportsnet Pacific, CBC, NBC Sports Philadelphia
Radio: Sportsnet 650
• Tonight marks the second and final game between the Canucks and Flyers this season: Oct. 15 (3-2 L @ PHI) and Feb. 18 (home).
• Vancouver is 37-74-13-4 all-time against Philadelphia, including a 15-33-12-2 record at home.
• The Canucks are 4-6-0 in their last 10 games against the Flyers, including 2-3-0 in their last five.
• Anthony Beauvillier leads all active Canucks skaters in career points against Philadelphia with 17 (10-7-17 in 25 GP).
• Brock Boeser has eight points (6-2-8) in eight career games against the Flyers.
• Elias Pettersson has four points (1-3-4) in seven career games against the Flyers.
• Conor Garland has three points (2-1-3) in five career games against the Flyers.
• J.T. Miller leads the team in career games played against Philadelphia with 27 (9-7-16 in those games).
• Collin Delia has yet to face Philadelphia in his career.
• Arturs Silovs has yet to face Philadelphia in his career.
• Elias Pettersson has 14 points (7-7-14) in his last 11 games.
• Quinn Hughes has eight points (1-7-8) in his last seven games.
• Brock Boeser has seven points (1-6-7) in his last seven games.
• J.T. Miller has nine points (2-7-9) in his last 10 games.
• Conor Garland has eight points (3-5-8) in his last 10 games.
LAST MEETING – OCT. 15/22: VAN 2 at PHI 3
Kyle Burroughs opened the scoring off the rush with his second career goal just 1:34 into the first period…Brock Boeser and Tanner Pearson assisted on the play…Conor Garland extended Vancouver’s lead with his first goal of the season off a nice pass from Vasily Podkolzin at 14:12 in the first period…Luke Schenn registered the second assist and led the team in hits (5) and blocks (2) for a second straight game…Andrei Kuzmenko fired a team-high five shots on goal…Thatcher Demko made 28 saves.
2022.23 TEAM RANKS
Goals For/Game 3.31 (11th) 2.68 (27th)
Goals Against/Game 4.05 (31st) 3.14 (18th)
Power Play % 23.1 (11th) 15.9 (31st)
Penalty Kill % 65.6 (32nd) 76.6 (21st)
Penalty Min./Game 9:14 (20th) 10:25 (t-24th)
*Rankings are accurate as of 2:00pm PT on February 17, 2023
LAST GAME PLAYED – FEB. 15/23: VAN 4 vs NYR 6
Curtis Lazar opened the scoring with his third of the season…Dakota Joshua and Nils Åman registered assists on the play…J.T. Miller would tie the game at two apiece at 12:45 in the first…Elias Pettersson and Quinn Hughes collected the assists…Conor Garland scored his 11th goal of the season at 9:26 in the second period…Andrei Kuzmenko and Sheldon Dries were credited with assists…Kuzmenko would register a two-point game with a goal at 8:51 in the third…Pettersson recorded his second point of the night with the first helper…Anthony Beauvillier got his 13th assists of the season on the play…Arturs Silovs started in his first NHL game and faced 27 shots…Joshua led the team in hits (5).
LAST 5 vs PHILADELPHIA
• Oct. 15/22: VAN 2 at PHI 3
• Oct. 28/21: VAN 1 vs PHI 2
• Oct. 15/21: VAN 5 at PHI 4 (SO)
• Nov. 25/19: VAN 1 at PHI 2
• Oct. 12/19: VAN 3 vs PHI 2 (SO)
• Tanner Pearson placed on LTIR, Feb. 17
• Arturs Silovs recalled from Abbotsford, Feb. 14
• Spencer Martin assigned to Abbotsford, Feb. 14
• Spencer Martin placed on waivers, Feb. 13