PHILADELPHIA FLYERS NOTES:
Philadelphia Flyers at Seattle Kraken
Climate Pledge Arena
TV: NBCSP | Radio: 97.5 The Fanatic
PLAYER INJURY DATES GAMES MISSED
Cam Atkinson IR-upper body 9/25-present 55
Sean Couturier IR-back 9/19-present 55
Ryan Ellis LTIR-groin/hip/back 10/11-present 55
Tanner Laczynski IR-lower body 12/7-present 29
Zack MacEwen upper body-jaw 1/28-present 5
2022-23 TOTAL MAN GAMES LOST: 291
FLYERS VS. SEATTLE: HEAD-TO-HEAD
2-1-0 ALL-TIME RECORD 1-1-1
1-1-0 HOME 0-0-1
1-0-0 ROAD 1-1-0
2-1-0 LAST 5 MEETINGS 1-1-1
2-1-0 LAST 10 MEETINGS 1-1-1
12 GOALS SCORED 7
28.6% POWER PLAY 12.5%
87.5% PENALTY KILL 71.4%
van Riemsdyk: 4 pts (3-1=4) in 3 GP
Konecny: 3 pts (1-2=3) in 3 GP
Five Players tied at 2 pts
TEAM SCORING LEADERS Eberle: 24 pts (9-15=24) in 30 GP
Schultz: 16 pts (2-14=16) in 27 GP
McCann: 13 pts (4-9=13) in 25 GP
Hart: 1-0-0. 1.00 GAA, .958 SV% in 1 GP
Sandstrom: 0-1-0, 4.11 GAA, .810 SV% in 1 GP
Ersson: Has not faced SEA
TEAM GOALTENDERS Jones: 4-1-0, 1.98 GAA, .926 SV%, 1 SO in 5 GP
Grubauer: 3-5-1, 4.05 GAA, .855 SV%, 1 SO in 10 GP
2022-23 SEASON SERIES (ALL TIMES EASTERN)
February 12 Wells Fargo Center SEA (4), PHI (3)
February 16 Climate Pledge Arena 10 p.m.
2/13 – Recalled F Kieffer Bellows and G Sam Ersson from Lehigh Valley (AHL); Placed F Zack MacEwen on Injured Reserve
2/11 – Loaned F Kieffer Bellows to Lehigh Valley (AHL)
2/11 – Recalled F Olle Lycksell from Lehigh Valley (AHL)
- Philadelphia is 11-6-3 in their last 20 games, outscoring their opponents, 58-52 (not including shootout goals), since Dec. 29. The Flyers rank T-9th in the NHL in wins in that span.
- The Flyers have earned points in 19 of its last 30 games (14-11-5), including a season-high four-game win streak, Dec. 29-Jan. 5.
- Philadelphia has allowed the opposing team to score first in 32 of its 55 games this season. Philadelphia ranks T-6th in the NHL with 11 wins when trailing first in a game. The Flyers have scored first in 12 of their last 18 games, ranking T-2nd in the NHL in wins (8) when scoring first since Jan. 2.
- The Flyers tallied 40 hits Feb. 11 vs. NSH for their sixth game of 40-plus hits this season. The six games of 40-plus hits are the most in a single season since recording 13 games during the 2014-15 season.
- Philadelphia recorded a franchise-best 59 hits Nov. 12 vs. OTT. The 59 hits are tied for the ninth-most in a regular season game in NHL history.
- The Flyers lead the NHL with 1,581 hits and with 969 blocked shots.
VS. THE WEST
- The Flyers continue their seven-game stretch against a Western Conference opponent Thursday at SEA (Feb. 9-21), posting a 1-1-1 record in three games of the run so far.
- Philadelphia is 7-3-3 in its last 13 games and 11-7-5 this season against a Western Conference opponent.
- The Flyers are 5-1-3 against the West on the road and 6-6-2 against the West on home ice this season.
- Philadelphia swept the California road trip, Dec. 29-Jan. 2, for the first time in franchise history
SEATTLE KRAKEN NOTES:
Seattle 2 at Winnipeg 3 SO
Goals: Hayden, McCann
Goalie: Grubauer (38/40)
PP: 1/4 PK: 3/3 Shots: Seattle 29 – Philadelphia 40
CURRENT INJURIES – (Man Games Lost: 144)
Chris Driedger (ACL; IR) – 54 games – month-to-month
Joonas Donskoi (upper body; IR) – 54 games – no timeline for return
Andre Burakovsky (lower body) – 4 games – week-to-week
TRANSACTIONS IN PAST 7 DAYS
Feb. 9, 2023: Recalled F John Hayden from Coachella Valley (AHL); Activated D Justin Schultz off of Injured Reserve; Placed F Andre Burakovsky on IR
Saturday, Feb. 18: Detroit at Seattle, 7:30 p.m. PT
Friday, Feb. 20: San Jose at Seattle, 1 p.m. PT
Thursday, Feb. 23: Boston at Seattle, 7 p.m. PT
Sunday, Feb. 26: Toronto at Seattle, 4 p.m. PT
Tuesday, Feb. 28: Seattle at St. Louis, 5 p.m. PT
THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW
• Tonight’s matchup is the second and final game the Kraken will play against the Flyers this season and the first time that the two teams are meeting in Seattle. The Kraken previously defeated the Flyers 4-3 on Feb. 12 in Philadelphia.
• A win tonight would give the Kraken their third sweep of the season, having previously swept the Buffalo Sabres and Pittsburgh Penguins.
• Eeli Tolvanen has a point (one goal, two assists) in each of the Kraken’s last three games. If he were to have a goal or an assist tonight, it would give him points in four consecutive games for the first time since he had a goal in four consecutive games from Dec. 4 to 10, 2021.
• Jared McCann has a point in each of his last three games played. If he were to extend his point streak tonight, it would give him points in four consecutive games for the third time this season.
• Vince Dunn has four assists in his last four games dating back to Feb. 9 at New Jersey.
• Oliver Bjorkstrand has three points (one goal, two assists) in his last three games played.
• Since the start of the New Year, the Kraken are tied for the league lead in wins (12) and are tied for second in points (26).
• With 53 games played, the Kraken have already surpassed their win (27) and point (60) totals from last season.
• Despite only playing in 52 games this season, the Kraken are the first team to have scored at least eight goals in a game four different times since the Pittsburgh Penguins also has four eight-goal games in 2011-12.