LOS ANGELES KINGS NOTES:
1) Anze Kopitar (26-67=93) is tied with Luc Robitaille (43-50-93) for the eighth-most points all time against the Arizona Coyotes and sit two points behind Mike Modano (37-58=95) for seventh-most.
2) The Kings head to Tempe, Ariz. riding a nine-game point streak (7-0-2) against the Coyotes, dating back to May 3, 2021. During their streak, the Kings have outscored Arizona, 33-23.
3) Phillip Danault is riding a six-game road point and assist streak (0-7=7) vs. Arizona, dating back to Feb. 9, 2017.
4) Defenseman Andreas Englund has drawn seven penalties this season, the third-most in the league behind Montreal’s Josh Anderson (8) and Ottawa’s Brady Tkachuk (10).
5) The Kings have scored five or more goals in a league-leading four of their six games thus far this season. Th only other team with as many is Detroit (4). vs.
All-Time Record: 102-108-25-13
Away: 48-57-11-9 OT: 12-16 (24 ties)
Shootout: 6-6 2022-23: 2-0-1 2023-24: 1-0-0
^-against ARI franchise, dating back to WPG
LAST MEETING vs. ARIZONA: Oct. 24, 2023
– LAK 6 vs. ARI 3 Venue: Crypto.com Arena
LAK Goals: Kopitar (3), Lewis (1), Moore (5), Lizotte (2), Fiala (1), Kempe (2)
ARI Goals: McBain (1), Bjugstad (2), Keller (4)
Goalies: LAK: Copley (W; 24 saves, 27 shots) ARI: Vejmelka (L; 16 saves, 18 shots), Ingram (6 saves, 9 shots)
PP: 1-4 PK: 3-4
THE NEXT THREE:
Sat., Oct. 28 | vs. Vegas | 7:30 p.m. PT | Bally’s Sports West | iHeart Radio
o The Kings have won two of their last three games against Vegas (2-1-0).
Tues., Oct. 31 | at Toronto | 8:00 p.m. ET (5:00 p.m. PT) | ESPN | iHeart Radio
o Since his debut season (2008-09), no defenseman has averaged more TOI/GP against the Maple Leafs than Kings’ Drew Doughty (26:48).
Thurs., Nov. 2 | at Ottawa | 7:00 p.m. ET (4:00 p.m. PT) | Bally Sports West | iHeart Radio
o Kings forward Arthur Kaliyev has three goals in his last three games against the Senators (3-0=3). Los Angeles Kings: Media Notes INJURY & MGL REPORT Player, Status (Consecutive Games Missed, Total Games Missed, Dates) F Viktor Arvidsson, 6 games, Oct. 11 – Pres. 2023-24 Total Regular-Season Man-Games Lost: 6
ARIZONA COYOTES NOTES:
3 HARD LAPS
The Coyotes meet the Kings again in a rematch following their 6-3 loss on Tuesday at Crypto.com Arena. With a 1-0 start at home, the Desert Dogs look to get the win and match their best home start since the 2008-09 campaign.
Rookie Logan Cooley continues to be a linchpin in the Coyotes power play, as he has assisted on five of the team’s eight PPG and looks to build on the strong start to his debut season.
Forwards Clayton Keller (4-3-7) and Nick Schmaltz (2-5-7) currently lead all Coyotes in scoring to start the season. The duo looks to lead the team in scoring for the fourth time in the last five seasons.
LAST GAME Kings 6, Coyotes 3 – October 24, 2023 – Crypto.com Arena
ARI Goals: McBain (1), Bjugstad (2), Keller (4, PPG)
LAK Goals: Kopitar (3, PPG), Lewis (1), Moore (5), Lizotte (2, GWG), Fiala (1), Kempe (2, ENG)
ARI Goalie: Connor Ingram – 6 saves on 9 shots | Karel Vejmelka (L) – 16 saves on 18 shots
LAK Goalie: Phoenix Copley (W) – 24 saves on 27 shots PP: 1-4 K: 3-4 Notes:
The Coyotes struck first with Jack McBain tallying his first goal and point of the season, he was joined by Travis Boyd and Lawson Crouse who also attained their first points of the campaign… Goaltender Karel Vejmelka came into the game in the first period in place of Connor Ingram and registered 16 saves in his 45:25 TOI… Clayton Keller lit the lamp for his third game in a row, and joined fellow forwards Nick Schmaltz and Matias Maccelli with active three-game point streaks…
PACK FACTS · Clayton Keller (4-3-7) has scored in five out of six games in the 2023-24 season. He also scored in five of the first six games last season (2-5-7), his best scoring start to a season in his career. . Sean Durzi (2-2-4) is one of 14 defensemen in the NHL to have two goals scored this season. · Nick Schmaltz is tied for first in the league with 1.20 P/GP on the road (min. 5 RGP). . Logan Cooley leads all rookies in points (0-5-5) and his .83 P/GP leads all rookies in P/GP (min. 5 GP). . Alex Kerfoot currently has the eighth longest active consecutive games played streak at 269 games. . Michael Carcone recorded the 7th goal of his career in St. Louis, and subsequently reached 10 career points in the NHL. · Matias Maccelli (0-4-4) has racked up four assists in his last three games and needs one more game to match his career long point streak. · Juuso Valimaki (0-3-3) has recorded three assists through the first six games, and all of his points have been assisted along with Matias Maccelli. . Lawson Crouse set personal career highs in goals (24), points (45) and PPGs (6) which finished tied for the team lead along with Keller and Schmaltz in 2022-23. He also ranked third in hits (194) and second in blocked shots (58) among Coyotes forwards. . Barrett Hayton totaled 6:36 of TOI during the Power Play against NJD, the most in any game of his NHL career. . Jack McBain set a new Coyotes single-season hits mark with 304 hits, which also ranked fourth in the NHL. . JJ Moser finished the 2022-23 season with 80 hits and 137 blocked shots which led the team. . Arizona’s goaltending duo of Karel Vejmelka and Connor Ingram have maintained a GAA of 2.5 through six games, tied for sixth best in the NHL, and Vejmelka is 16th in the league in save percentage.
YOTES & KINGS
-Tonight is the second of three ARI-LAK matchups this season. The teams met twice in the NHL Global Series in Melbourne, Australia, where the Coyotes went 1-1 with a +1 goal differential.
– In the franchise’s history, they have faced the Kings 248 times, the most of any NHL team. Over the 248 matchups, the Coyotes have averaged 3.47 goals for per game, their second-best output against a franchise behind Toronto (3.82, 106 GP)
– Clayton Keller has registered at least one point in six of his last seven games against the Kings.
– Josh Brown set his career high in points (1-1-2) against the Kings last season in their 2/18/23 matchup.
Coyotes franchise vs Kings
• All-Time: 121-91-25-11
• Home: 66-43-11-5
• Road: 55-48-14-6
• L10: 3-6-1 • STRK: L1
DATE TIME (AZ) OPP VENUE TV RADIO
Mon. Oct 30 7:00 p.m. Vs CHI Mullett Arena Scripps Sports 98.7 FM
Wed. Nov 1 7:00 p.m. At ANA Honda Center Scripps Sports 98.7 FM
Thurs. Nov 2 7:00 p.m. Vs MTL Mullett Arena Scripps Sports 98.7 FM
INJURY UPDATE (total man games lost to injury: 1 games) Jason Zucker – 1 (10/24) – Lower-Body