EDMONTON OILERS NOTES:
EDMONTON OILERS AT SEATTLE KRAKEN
2:00 p.m. MT at Climate Pledge Arena
BROADCAST INFO: 630 CHED Radio, Sportsnet
38-23-8 – 84 PTS RECORD 38-23-7 – 83 PTS
Div. – 3rd Conference – 6th RANK Div. – 4th Conference – 7th
1st –31.5% (75/238) POWER PLAY 23rd – 19.7% (39/198)
25th – 75.3% (183/243) PENALTY KILL 26th – 74.5 (146/196)
ALL-TIME RECORDS vs. SEATTLE GP RECORD HOME (3) AWAY (3) GF GA
OILERS ALL-TIME vs. SEATTLE 6 4-2-0-0 2-1-0-0 2-1-0-0 27 18
OILERS vs. SEATTLE – 2022-23 3 2-1-0 1-1-0 1-0-0 14 9
Saturday’s game will mark Edmonton’s fourth and final game against the Kraken this season and the second of two games in Seattle.
The last time these teams met was on January 17th in Edmonton where the Oilers won 5-2.
Connor McDavid and Leon Draisaitl lead the team with 12 career points against Seattle.
POWER PLAY PROWESS
The Oilers have the top three power play point getters in the NHL, with McDavid (60), Draisaitl (51) and Nugent-Hopkins (44) ranking first, second and third respectively. Connor McDavid’s 60 power play points on the year, give him the Oilers single season record for most PPP’s in a season, a record previously held by Wayne Gretzky (57 – 1981-82). Leon Draisaitl scored his league leading 27th power play goal of the season on Mar. 11 at TOR to pass his own franchise record for most PPG’s in one season, a mark he set in 2021-22. Draisaitl’s 27 power play goals are the most by any player since 2005-06, when Ilya Kovalchuk posted 27 with the Atlanta Thrashers. Only one other active player has scored 26+ PPG’s in a single season – Chris Kreider (26 in ’21-22 w/NYR).
CAREER GAMES vs. SEATTLE
GF: 27 GA: 18
2022-23 1/17/23 @ EDM 5-2 W
2022-23 1/3/23 @ EDM 5-2 L
2022-23 12/30/22@ SEA 7-2 W
2021-22 12/18/21@ SEA 5-3 W
2021-22 12/3/21 @ SEA 4-3 L
2021-22 11/1/21 @ EDM 5-2 W
SEATTLE KRAKEN NOTES:
Seattle 2 at San Jose 1
Goals: Bjorkstrand, Dunn
Goalie: Grubauer (31/32)
PP: 0/3 PK: 2/2 Shots: Seattle 32 – San Jose 32
CURRENT INJURIES – (Man Games Lost: 194)
Joonas Donskoi (upper body; IR) – 68 games – no timeline for return
Andre Burakovsky (lower body) – 18 games – week-to-week
TRANSACTIONS IN PAST 7 DAYS
March 15, 2023: Recalled F John Hayden from Coachella Valley (AHL)
Tuesday, March 21: Seattle at Dallas, 5:30 p.m. PT
Thursday, March 23: Seattle at Nashville, 5 p.m. PT
Saturday, March 25: Seattle at Nashville, 11 a.m. PT
Monday, March 27: Seattle at Minnesota, 5 p.m. PT
Thursday, March 30: Anaheim at Seattle, 7 p.m. PT
THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW
• Tonight’s matchup is the final time the Kraken will play the Oilers this season. Seattle has gone 1-2-0 against Edmonton in the teams’ three previous meetings this year.
• Seattle has an 11-7-2 record against Pacific Division opponents this season and have beaten each of their division rivals at least once.
• With the Kraken’s four-goal outing in their game on March 3 against Columbus, they surpassed their goal total from all of last season in 20 fewer games. Seattle has scored 236 goals in 68 games this season compared to 213 goals in 2021-22. The team’s 236 goals this season were tied for the sixth-most in the NHL entering play Friday.
• Since the start of the New Year, the Kraken are tied for third the league in wins (20) and tied for fourth in points (43). The team’s 119 goals since Jan. 1 were the second-most in the league entering play Friday.
• Jordan Eberle’s goal in the Kraken’s game on March 3 at Columbus was his 50th point of the season. It is the sixth time in his career and first time since 2017-18 that Eberle has recorded 50 or more points in a season.
• Entering play Friday, Adam Larsson was one of four skaters to have at least 160 hits and 120 blocked shots this season, joining Vegas’ Brayden McNabb, New York’s Jacob Trouba and Detroit’s Moritz Seider.
• Jaden Schwartz has five points (two goals, three assists) in his last four games against the Oilers dating back to last season and had a three-point performance (one goal, two assists) in his last meeting with the Edmonton on Jan. 3. He has 32 career points against Edmonton (14 goals, 18 assists) in 26 games played, along with a +18 rating for those games. His 32 points are his most against a single opponent. Schwartz scored his 100th NHL goal on Nov. 21, 2017 against Edmonton.
• Daniel Sprong has scored three points (two goals, one assist) in his last three games against the Oilers and has tallied a point in each game Seattle has played against Edmonton this season.
• Justin Schultz has recorded three assists in his last two games against the Oilers.
• Alex Wennberg has three points (one goal, two assists) in his last two games against Edmonton. Wennberg recorded his 200th NHL point on March 7, 2021 against Edmonton.