DALLAS STARS NOTES:
LAST DALLAS STARS GAME
Nov. 2, 2023 – STARS 4 at EDMONTON OILERS 3
Led by three-point nights from forwards Roope Hintz (2-1—3) and Joe Pavelski (1-2—3), and a career-best 46-save performance from goaltender Scott Wedgewood, the Stars staved off a furious rally from the Oilers to hold on for a 4-3 victory on Thursday night. Wedgewood preserved the lead during a third period that saw Edmonton out-shoot Dallas 25-9. Forward Matt Duchene extended his point streak to five consecutive games (2-3—5) with the game’s opening goal, while Mason Marchment’s point streak reached four straight (2-2—4). Also picking up assists were captain Jamie Benn (0-1—1), forward Jason Robertson (0-1—1) and defensemen Miro Heiskanen (0-1—1) and Esa Lindell (0-1—1). PP: 1-2 | PK: 4-4 | SF: 27 | SA: 49 | DAL TOI: M. Heiskanen (27:13 – game high) | Attendance: 17,290 Three Stars: 1. EDM – S. Gagner 2. DAL – R. Hintz 3. DAL – J. Pavelski
Man-games lost, 2023-24: 3
NAME INJURY # OF GAMES DATES
C Roope Hintz Upper body 1 Oct. 12
C Radek Faksa Upper body 2 Nov. 1-pres.
Tonight, the Stars close out their three-game Canadian road trip against the Vancouver Canucks at Rogers Arena. (9 p.m. CT, Bally Sports Southwest, The Ticket 96.7-FM/1310-AM). The first of three games against the Canucks in 2023-24, it also marks one of two in Vancouver (also March 28, 2024). The Stars will host the Canucks at American Airlines Center in a little over a month (Dec. 21). Dallas enters tonight’s matchup on a three-game winning streak, while Vancouver has gone 5-0-1 over its past six games.
2023-24 SCHEDULE VS. VANCOUVER
Nov. 14 at Vancouver Dec. 21 vs. Vancouver March 28, 2024 at Vancouver
CUT THE GREASE
– Tonight marks the 200th career head-to-head matchup between the Stars and Canucks, and Dallas’ 100th road game in Vancouver. – Dallas is 96-74-29 in 199 games all-time vs. Vancouver, including a 43-41-15 mark in 99 road contests. – The Stars went 0-2-1 in three games vs. the Canucks last season, including a 5-2 defeat at Rogers Arena on March 14. – Forward Sam Steel has eight goals (8-0—8) in seven career games vs. Vancouver, including his lone hat trick on March 26, 2019 at Vancouver (w/ Anaheim). Steel has goals in seven of his eight appearances against the Canucks. – Among active Stars, captain Jamie Benn ranks first in goals (16) and second in points (16-18—34) in 38 career games against the Canucks. He also shares first in game-winning goals (4) and is the lone player on the active roster with an overtime tally. – Forward Joe Pavelski leads active Stars in assists (28) and points (15-28—43), and ranks second in goals (15) in a team-high 61 games against the Canucks. He also shares first in game-winning goals (4) and ranks second in power-play tallies (5). NAME INJURY # OF GAMES DATES C Roope Hintz Upper body 1 Oct. 12 C Radek Faksa Upper body 2 Nov. 1-pres. Dallas Stars: Media Notes – Forward Matt Duchene ranks third among active Stars in goals (13) and fifth in points (13-13—26) in 42 career games against the Canucks. – Forward Tyler Seguin is averaging better than a point a game vs. Vancouver with 29 points (9-20—29) in 27 games. Of his nine goals, three have come on the power play and three have served as game winners. – Forward Evgenii Dadonov enters tonight’s contest with 11 points (6-5—11) in 24 career games vs. Vancouver. – Defenseman Miro Heiskanen has eight points (1-7—8) in 10 career games against the Canucks. – Defenseman Ryan Suter ranks second in assists (21) and shares third in points (7-21—28) in 59 career contests against Vancouver. – Goaltender Jake Oettinger is 0-2-1 with a 4.78 goals-against average and .829 save percentage in three career appearances against the Canucks. – Netminder Scott Wedgewood has a 2.18 GAA and .909 SV% in one appearance against the Canucks (no decision).
VANCOUVER CANUCKS NOTES:
• Tonight marks the first of three meetings between the Canucks and Stars this season: Nov. 4 (home), Dec. 21 (road), Mar. 28 (home). • Vancouver is 81-87-22-9 all-time against Dallas, including a 46-39-10-4 record at home. • The Canucks are 8-2-0 in their last 10 games against the Stars (5-0-0 in their last five). • Among active skaters, Tyler Myers (6-9-15 31 GP) leads the team in career scoring vs Dallas. • Thatcher Demko posted a 2.17 GAA and .930 SV% in six career games (6-0-0) against the Stars. • In three career games (2-1-0), Casey DeSmith has a 1.68 GAA and .929 SV% all time against Dallas.
• Elias Pettersson has 19 points (5-14-19) in his last 10 games, ranking him 2nd in the league for points. • J.T. Miller has 16 points (6-10-16) in his last 10 games and is currently on a four-game point streak (4-4-8). He ranks t-4 th in the league for points. • Quinn Hughes has 16 points (4-12-16) in his last 10 games. He ranks t-4 th in the league for points and first amongst defencemen. • Brock Boeser has posted 13 points (8-5-13) in his last 10 games. • Thatcher Demko posted a .940 SV% and has a 1.79 GAA in his last seven games (5-2-0).
LAST MEETING – MAR. 25/23: VAN 3 at DAL 1
Dakota Joshua tied the game shorthanded with 1:36 left in the first period…Nils Åman picked up the assist…Brock Boeser gave the Canucks the lead just before the four minute mark of the second…J.T. Miller and Filip Hronek registered the assists…Jack Rathbone scored his first of the season to make it 3-1…Andrei Kuzmenko and Elias Pettersson were credited with assists…Boeser and Quinn Hughes led the team with three shots on goal each…Miller and Kyle Burroughs each had four hits…Thatcher Demko made 25 saves.
LAST 5 vs DALLAS
• Mar. 25/23: VAN 3 at DAL 1
• Mar. 14/23: VAN 5 vs DAL 2
• Feb. 27/23: VAN 5 at DAL 4 (OT)
• Apr. 18/22: VAN 6 vs DAL 2 • Mar. 26/22: VAN 4 at DAL 1