BOSTON BRUINS NOTES:
-The Bruins visit the Red Wings tonight in the second of four games between these teams this season and the frst of two visits to Little Caesars Arena this year … The Bruins are 9-0-1 overall this season and they are 4-0-0 on the road … They are 3-0-0 in games vs. Eastern Conference teams this season. -The Bruins open their current two-game road trip tonight in Detroit (0-0-0) … They conclude the trip in Dallas on 11/6 and then return home to host NY Islanders on 11/8.
-The Bruins have extended their club record from the start of the season to 9-0-1 … They had their six-game win streak snapped with a 4-3 OT setback vs. Anaheim on 10/26 but have three additional wins with a 4-1 win vs. Detroit on 10/28, 3-2 OT win vs. Florida on 10/30 and 3-2 SO win vs. Toronto on 11/2.
-The Bruins had opened their season with a 3-1 win vs. Chicago on 10/11, a 3-2 victory vs. Nashville on 10/14, a 3-1 win in San Jose on 10/19, 4-2 victory in Los Angeles on 10/21, 3-1 win in Anaheim on Oct. 22 and 3-0 shutout in Chicago on 10/24, tying the 1937-38 Bruins for the longest win streak to open a season in franchise history.
– 10/28: Bos 4 vs Det 1 … David Pastrnak had 2-1=3 totals, including his second penalty shot goal of the season in his 600th career NHL game … Pavel Zacha (PP) and Charlie McAvoy (GW) added goals … Jeremy Swayman earned his fourth win this season … SOG: Bos 31, Det 23 … PP: 1/4 … PK: 0/3 – 10/30: Bos 3 vs Fla 2/OT … The Bruins allowed the Panthers a 2-0 lead but came back with goals by Brad Marchand, Charlie McAvoy, and Pavel Zacha (1-1=2 totals including GWG at 3:36 of OT) … Linus Ullmark took the win in goal … SOG: Bos 26, Fla 37 … PP: 0/1 … PK: 0/3
– 11/2: Bos 3 vs Tor 2/SO … Pavel Zacha and Jake DeBrusk tallied twice before evening the score and sending to overtime and a shootout … DeBrusk and Charlie Coyle scored both goals in the win … Jeremy Swayman won his ffth decision of the season … SOG: Bos 40, Tor 35 … PP: 0/2 … PK: 0/2
INJURIES / SUSPENSION (13 man-games lost)
– Derek Forbort: Lower body
– Milan Lucic: Lower body IR
– Jakub Lauko: Upper body IR
– Matt Grzelcyk: Upper body IR
– Charlie McAvoy: NHL-levied suspension (Gm 2 of 4)
BOSTON vs DETROIT, LIFETIME SERIES
– The Bruins and Red Wings are meeting for the 616th time in their histories with Detroit holding a 258-257-95-5 margin and the Bruins having a 1,867-1,831 scoring edge in those games. – The Bruins are 87-164-52-3 lifetime in 306 road games vs. the Red Wings with a Detroit having a 1,021-782 scoring advantage in those contests.
– The Bruins currently have 23 players on their active roster (3 on IR) … 14 were drafted by the team, fve were acquired in trade and seven were signed as free agents. – The Bruins play 11 matinees this season (local time 4:00 pm or earlier) … They have an 0-0-0 record in afternoon games so far. – The Bruins play 12 sets of back-to-back games this season … They are currently 1-0-0 in the frst game of those sets and 1-0-0 in the second games so far. – The Bruins are playing game 2 of a 13-game November schedule tonight (fve home/eight road, 1-0-0) … They will play 13 games in December (six home/seven road) … They will play 14 games in January (seven home/seven road) …They will play 12 games in February (eight home/four road) … They will play 14 games in March (seven home/seven road) … They will play seven games in April (three home/four road) … They played nine games in October (8-0-1).
DETROIT RED WINGS NOTES:
MAN GAMES LOST (games missed / out since)
Robby Fabbri – lower body (10 / Oct. 12)
Total Man Games Lost: 16 Individual Man Games Lost: Klim Kostin (3), Jeff Petry (3)
DETROIT RED WINGS (6-4-1) vs. BOSTON BRUINS (9-0-1)
Saturday, November 4, 2023 / 7:00 P.M. ET / LITTLE CAESARS ARENA / TV: Bally Sports Detroit / RADIO: WXYT 97.1 FM
TONIGHT: 616th all-time meeting, 307th in Detroit … Second of four games this season, first of two at Little Caesars Arena
ALL-TIME vs. BOS: 263-251-95-6 / HOME: 167-84-52-3 / LAST 10: 4-6-0 / IN 2022-23: 1-2-0 / THIS SEASON: 0-1-0
DET top scorers vs. BOS: Dylan Larkin (8-10-18 in 25 GP), David Perron (5-10-15 in 26 GP), Alex DeBrincat (5-3-8 in 13 GP), Lucas Raymond (1-3-4 in 8 GP), Moritz Seider (1-3-4 in 8 GP), Klim Kostin (0-1-1 in 2 GP)
BOS top scorers vs. DET: Brad Marchand (17-23-40 in 38 GP), David Pastrnak (14-14-28 in 25 GP), Kevin Shattenkirk (4-14-18 in 32 GP), James van Riemsdyk (11-7-18 in 33 GP), Charlie McAvoy (4-7-11 in 15 GP), Pavel Zacha (3-7-10 in 18 GP), Oskar Steen (0-1-1 in 2 GP)
LAST TIME OUT
Nov. 2 vs. Florida – 2-0 L Detroit fell 2-0 against Florida to move to 6-4-1 overall and 3-2-1 inside Little Caesars Arena … The result marked the first time the Red Wings were shut out by the Panthers on home ice … The Red Wings were 25-4-0 when allowing two goals or fewer in 2022-23, and 13-2-0 when doing so on home ice … Detroit is 5-3-0 against Eastern Conference opponents to begin the 2023-24 campaign … James Reimer stopped 25-of-26 shots to move to 2-2-0 with a 1.52 goals-against average, a 0.944 save percentage and one shutout in four starts to begin his Red Wings tenure … Reimer has allowed two goals or fewer in three starts with the Red Wings … Alex DeBrincat paced the Red Wings with five shots … DeBrincat has recorded 37 shots in 11 games this season, surpassing Dylan Larkin (35 shots in 11 GP) for the team lead … Jake Walman set a season high with six blocks, while Moritz Seider finished with five blocks and three hits … Walman skated in his 150th career NHL game … Ben Chiarot set a season high with six hits, in addition to three shots and three blocks … The Red Wings finished a perfect 5-for-5 on the penalty kill … Detroit is 17-for-20 (85.0 percent) on the penalty kill inside Little Caesars Arena this season … In total, the Red Wings are 35-for-42 (83.3 percent) on the penalty kill to begin the 2023-24 season.