COWBOYS QB DAK PRESCOTT, RAMS S TAYLOR RAPP & CARDINALS K MATT PRATER NAMED NFC PLAYERS OF WEEK 6
Quarterback DAK PRESCOTT of the Dallas Cowboys, safety TAYLOR RAPP of the Los Angeles Rams and kicker MATT PRATER of the Arizona Cardinals are the NFC Offensive, Defensive, and Special Teams Players of the Week for games played in Week 6 (October 14, 17-18).
OFFENSE: QB DAK PRESCOTT, DALLAS COWBOYS
- Prescott completed 36 of 51 pass attempts (70.6 percent) for a season-high 445 yards and three touchdowns, including the game-winner in overtime, for a 108.7 rating in Dallas’ 35-29 victory over New England.
- It marked the most passing yards of any player in Week 6 and Prescott is now one of two players in the league (Tom Brady) with at least 400 passing yards in two games this season.
- This is the fourth-career Offensive Player of the Week award for Prescott and first this season:
- 2019: Weeks 1, 11
- 2020: Week 2
- 2021: Week 6
- Prescott becomes the third Cowboys quarterback to earn the honor four times, joining Pro Football Hall of Famer Troy Aikman (six-time winner) and Tony Romo (five-time winner).
DEFENSE: S TAYLOR RAPP, LOS ANGELES RAMS
- Rapp totaled four tackles, three passes defensed and a career-high two interceptions in the Rams’ 38-11 victory over the Giants.
- This is Rapp’s first-career Defensive Player of the Week award and he becomes the first Rams safety to earn the honor since Oshiomogho Atogwe (Week 6, 2008).
SPECIAL TEAMS: K MATT PRATER, ARIZONA CARDINALS
- Prater converted all three of his field goals – from 33, 36 and 51 yards – and all four of his point after attempts for a total of 13 points in Arizona’s 37-14 victory in Cleveland. It marked the most kicking points by any player in Week 6.
- This is Prater’s 13th-career Special Teams Player of the Week award and first with the Cardinals:
- 2008 (with Denver): Week 5
- 2009 (with Denver): Week 12
- 2011 (with Denver): Week 14
- 2012 (with Denver): Week 4
- 2013 (with Denver): Week 14
- 2016 (with Detroit): Weeks 9, 12-13
- 2017 (with Detroit): Week 1
- 2018 (with Detroit): Week 17
- 2020 (with Detroit): Weeks 3, 10
- 2021 (with Arizona): Week 6
- He becomes the first Cardinals kicker to earn the honor since Phil Dawson (Week 12, 2017).
2021 NFC PLAYERS OF THE WEEK
|Wk 1||QB Matthew Stafford, L.A. Rams||LB Chandler Jones, Arizona||P Bradley Pinion, Tampa Bay|
|Wk 2||QB Kyler Murray, Arizona||S Mike Edwards, Tampa Bay||P Mitch Wishnowsky, San Francisco|
|Wk 3||QB Matthew Stafford, L.A. Rams||CB Byron Murphy, Arizona||K Mason Crosby, Green Bay|
|Wk 4||QB Daniel Jones, N.Y. Giants||CB Trevon Diggs, Dallas||KR DeAndre Carter, Washington|
|Wk 5||QB Tom Brady, Tampa Bay||CB Marshon Lattimore, New Orleans||LB T.J. Edwards, Philadelphia|
|Wk 6||QB Dak Prescott, Dallas||S Taylor Rapp, L.A. Rams||K Matt Prater, Arizona|