NEW YORK GIANTS QB DANIEL JONES, COWBOYS CB TREVON DIGGS & WASHINGTON KR DEANDRE CARTER NAMED NFC PLAYERS OF WEEK 4
Quarterback DANIEL JONES of the New York Giants, cornerback TREVON DIGGS of the Dallas Cowboys and kick returner DEANDRE CARTER of the Washington Football Team are the NFC Offensive, Defensive, and Special Teams Players of the Week for games played in Week 4 (September 30, October 3-4).
OFFENSE: QB DANIEL JONES, NEW YORK GIANTS
- In Week 4, the Giants overcame an 11-point fourth-quarter deficit to defeat New Orleans in overtime as Jones completed 28 of 40 pass attempts (70 percent) for a career-high 402 yards with two touchdowns and one interception for a 108.5 rating. It marked the most passing yards of any player in Week 4.
- This is Jones’ second Offensive Player of the Week award:
- 2019: Week 3
- 2021: Week 4
- Jones is the first player from Duke to win any Player of the Week award multiple times and joins Kerry Collins (four-time winner), Eli Manning (four-time winner) and Phil Simms (two-time winner) as the only Giants quarterbacks to win Offensive Player of the Week multiple times.
DEFENSE: CB TREVON DIGGS, DALLAS COWBOYS
- In the Cowboys’ 36-28 win over the Panthers, Diggs recorded four tackles and two interceptions, becoming the fourth player since 1990 and first Cowboy since 1970 with an interception in each of his team’s first four games of a season. No other player had two interceptions in Week 4.
- This is Diggs’ first Defensive Player of the Week award.
- Diggs is the first Cowboys cornerback to earn the honor since Brandon Carr (Week 15, 2012).and the first former Crimson Tide defensive back to win the award since Kareem Jackson (Week 14, 2019).
SPECIAL TEAMS: KR DEANDRE CARTER, WASHINGTON FOOTBALL TEAM
- Carter returned three kickoffs for 152 yards (50.7 average), including a 101-yard kick-return touchdown in Washington’s Week 4 win at Atlanta.
- This is Carter’s first Special Teams Player of the Week award.
- Carter is the first Washington returner to win the award since Steven Sims (Week 12, 2019).
- Carter is the first player from Sacramento State to earn a Player of the Week award.
2021 NFC PLAYERS OF THE WEEK
|Wk 1||QB Matthew Stafford, L.A. Rams||LB Chandler Jones, Arizona||P Bradley Pinion, Tampa Bay|
|Wk 2||QB Kyler Murray, Arizona||S Mike Edwards, Tampa Bay||P Mitch Wishnowsky, San Francisco|
|Wk 3||QB Matthew Stafford, L.A. Rams||CB Byron Murphy, Arizona||K Mason Crosby, Green Bay|
|Wk 4||QB Daniel Jones, N.Y. Giants||CB Trevon Diggs, Dallas||KR DeAndre Carter, Washington|