LIONS QB JARED GOFF, CARDINALS LB JORDAN HICKS & SEAHAWKS RB TRAVIS HOMER NAMED NFC PLAYERS OF WEEK 13
Quarterback JARED GOFF of the Detroit Lions, linebacker JORDAN HICKS of the Arizona Cardinals and running back TRAVIS HOMER of the Seattle Seahawks are the NFC Offensive, Defensive and Special Teams Players of the Week for games played in Week 13 (December 2, 5-6).
OFFENSE: QB JARED GOFF, DETROIT LIONS
- Goff completed 25 of 41 pass attempts (61 percent) for 296 yards and three touchdowns with a 97.2 rating in a 29-27 win over Minnesota. He threw a game-winning 11-yard touchdown pass to wide receiver Amon-Ra St. Brown with no time remaining in the fourth quarter.
- This is the fourth career Offensive Player of the Week award for Goff and first with the Lions.
- 2017 (with Rams): Week 9
- 2018 (with Rams): Week 4
- 2019 (with Rams): Week 13
- 2021 (with Lions): Week 13
- He is the first Lions player to earn the award since Pro Football Hall of Famer Calvin Johnson (Week 6, 2015) and first quarterback since Matthew Stafford (Week 11, 2009).
- Goff is the first former California Bear to win the award since Aaron Rodgers (Week 13, 2020).
DEFENSE: LB JORDAN HICKS, ARIZONA CARDINALS
- Hicks recorded a season-high 13 tackles, along with two sacks and two tackles for loss in a 33-22 win at Chicago.
- This is Hicks’ first Defensive Player of the Week award. He joins linebacker Chandler Jones (Weeks 1 and 11) and cornerback Byron Murphy (Week 3) as Cardinals to earn the award this season. Arizona’s four Defensive Player of the Week awards are the most of any team in 2021.
- Hicks is the fourth former Texas Longhorns linebacker to win the award and first since Keenan Robinson (Week 7, 2014).
SPECIAL TEAMS: RB TRAVIS HOMER, SEATTLE SEAHAWKS
- Homer received a direct snap on a fake punt and ran it 73 yards for a touchdown, while later recovering a fumble on a kickoff return in Seattle’s 30-23 win over San Francisco.
- This is Homer’s first Special Teams Player of the Week award and first for the Seahawks since punter Michael Dickson (Week 15, 2020).
- Homer is the first former Miami Hurricane to win Special Teams Player of the Week since Michael Badgley (Week 14, 2018).
2021 NFC PLAYERS OF THE WEEK
|Wk 1||QB Matthew Stafford, L.A. Rams||LB Chandler Jones, Arizona||P Bradley Pinion, Tampa Bay|
|Wk 2||QB Kyler Murray, Arizona||S Mike Edwards, Tampa Bay||P Mitch Wishnowsky, San Francisco|
|Wk 3||QB Matthew Stafford, L.A. Rams||CB Byron Murphy, Arizona||K Mason Crosby, Green Bay|
|Wk 4||QB Daniel Jones, N.Y. Giants||CB Trevon Diggs, Dallas||KR DeAndre Carter, Washington|
|Wk 5||QB Tom Brady, Tampa Bay||CB Marshon Lattimore, New Orleans||LB T.J. Edwards, Philadelphia|
|Wk 6||QB Dak Prescott, Dallas||S Taylor Rapp, L.A. Rams||K Matt Prater, Arizona|
|Wk 7||RB Alvin Kamara, New Orleans||LB Deion Jones, Atlanta||K Graham Gano, N.Y. Giants|
|Wk 8||WR Deebo Samuel, San Francisco||LB Micah Parsons, Dallas||K Zane Gonzalez, Carolina|
|QB Matt Ryan, Atlanta
WR Deebo Samuel, San Francisco
WR Justin Jefferson, Minnesota
RB Leonard Fournette, Tampa Bay
QB Jared Goff, Detroit
|S Xavier McKinney, N.Y. Giants
CB Darius Slay, Philadelphia
LB Chandler Jones, Arizona
CB Rasul Douglas, Green Bay
LB Jordan Hicks, Arizona
|RB Kene Nwangwu, Minnesota
K Zane Gonzalez, Carolina
K Jake Elliott, Philadelphia
P Thomas Morstead, Atlanta
RB Travis Homer, Seattle