RAMS WR COOPER KUPP, COWBOYS CB TREVON DIGGS & 49ERS P MITCH WISHNOWSKY NAMED NFC PLAYERS OF THE MONTH FOR SEPTEMBER
Wide receiver COOPER KUPP of the Los Angeles Rams, cornerback TREVON DIGGS of the Dallas Cowboys and punter MITCH WISHNOWSKY of the San Francisco 49ers are the NFC Offensive, Defensive and Special Teams Players of the Month for the month of September.
OFFENSE: WR COOPER KUPP, LOS ANGELES RAMS
- Kupp tied for the lead league with 25 receptions while leading the league with 367 receiving yards (122.3 per game) and five receiving touchdowns to help the Rams begin 3-0 for the third time in the past four seasons.
- He is the only player in the league with at least 95 receiving yards in each of the first three weeks of the season and is one of four players with a touchdown reception in each week.
- This is the first Offensive Player of the Month award for Kupp and he joins Torry Holt (October, 2003), Pro Football Hall of Famer Isaac Bruce (October, 1995) and Henry Ellard (December, 1988) as the only Rams wide receivers to earn the honor.
- Kupp becomes the first-ever player from Eastern Washington to win Player of the Month.
DEFENSE: CB TREVON DIGGS, DALLAS COWBOYS
- Diggs recorded nine tackles, a league-best six passes defensed and tied for the league lead with three interceptions, including an interception return for a touchdown in Week 3, in September.
- He is the only player in the league with an interception in each of the first three weeks of the season.
- This is the first Defensive Player of the Month award for Diggs and he joins defensive end DeMarcus Lawrence (September, 2017) and linebacker Sean Lee (October, 2013 and September, 2011) as the only Cowboys to earn the honor.
- Diggs becomes the third former Alabama defensive back to win Defensive Player of the Month, joining Landon Collins (November, 2016) and Eddie Jackson (November, 2018).
SPECIAL TEAMS: P MITCH WISHNOWSKY, SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS
- Wishnowsky averaged 46.8 yards on 11 punts (43.4 net), with a league-high eight being placed inside the 20-yard line.
- This is the first Special Teams Player of the Month for Wishnowsky and he becomes the first 49ers punter to earn the honor.
- He also becomes the first former Utah player to win Special Teams Player of the Month.
2021 NFC PLAYERS OF THE MONTH
|September||WR Cooper Kupp, L.A. Rams||CB Trevon Diggs, Dallas||P Mitch Wishnowsky, San Francisco|