NEW YORK METS NOTES:
No release available.
CINCINNATI REDS NOTES:
• Prior to this afternoon’s game the Reds will honor legendary WLWT-TV 5 sports director George Vogel, who last month retired after 42 years covering local high school, college and professional sports.
• TJ Friedl (36g, 38h) and Jonathan India (36g, 40h) each has appeared in all 36 Reds games, and each has amassed at least 38 hits…Scooter Gennett (36g, 38h) was the last Reds player to produce those numbers, in 2018…Friedl and India comprise the first pair of teammates to produce at least 38 hits while appearing in each of the Reds’ first 36 games since 1995, when Reggie Sanders (36g, 44h) and Bret Boone (36g, 39h) did it.
• Is Game 3 (1-1) of a 3-game series vs Glenn Sherlock’s Mets and Game 6 (2-3) of a 6-game homestand that included a 2-1 series loss to the
• Following this afternoon’s game the Reds hit the road for a pair of 3-game series at Mia’s loanDepot Park and at Col’s Coors Field, then return home to Great American Ball Park for 7 games vs the Yankees (3g) and Cardinals (4g).
• Last night’s 2-1 loss was the Reds’ 300th to the Mets.
• Beginning 9/24/13, the Reds are 16-39 vs NYM, including a 14-game losing streak from 9/7/14 – 9/7/16 that ranks as Cin’s longest ever vs the Mets and its longest vs any team since a 16-game skid vs Ari from 5/8/01 – 8/13/03.
• Dating back to 1962, the 7-0 series win by the Mets in 2015 was the first season series sweep by either team, followed by NYM’s 6-0 series win in 2016.
MARLINS UP NEXT…
• Tomorrow the Reds and Marlins begin a 3-game series at loanDepot Park.
• The Reds went 15-6 vs Mia over the previous 3 seasons (6-1 in 2019, 5-2 in 2021, 4-3 in 2022) following 4 straight losing season series to the Marlins.
• Between the 2014 and 2019 winning season series, the Reds went 10-18 vs Mia (3-4, 3-4, 2-5, 2-5).
• The Reds are 16-19 at Marlins Park / loanDepot park, including 3-0 with the roof open and 13-19 closed.
…FOLLOWED BY THE ROCKIES
• Next week the Reds make their annual visit to Coors Field.
• Last season the Rockies earned the 4-2 series win, including their first series sweep of the Reds since September 2010.
• Beginning in 2002 and with a minimum of 40 games, the Reds’ .338 winning percentage at Coors Field (22-43) is tied for their second-lowest at any current road ballpark in that span (Phi’s Citizens Bank Park, 21-43, .328; LA’s Dodger Stadium, 22-43, .338).
• The Reds’ 3-1 series win from 5/30-6/2, 2016 is their only series win at Coors Field since 8/27-8/29, 2012.
Today’s Pitcher – #47 Derek Law, RHP
• This afternoon is making his fifth Major League start, his first since 7/4/19 for Tor vs Bos.
• Since then has made 76 consecutive relief apps (5-8, 3.48, 6sv, 85.1ip, 82h, 53bb, 84k, 10hr, .252baa).
• Didn’t allow a run in any of his last 4 apps (5ip, 1h, 4bb, 3k), tying his longest scoreless streak of the season.
• 5 times threw more than 1.0 inning, including a season-high 2.1 innings Sat vs WSox.
• Retired the first batter 12 of his 17 apps…inherited 10 base runners, 1 scored.
• Has been charged with 1 pitch timer violation (5/9 vs NYM, Starling Marte batting).
• In the 7-6 win on 4/3 vs Cubs earned his 11th career save, his first since 9/18/19 for Tor at Bal (11-10 win).
• On 4/28 at Oak, in his second inning of work allowed a 2-run HR to Ryan Noda that snapped a 35.2-inning homerless streak by Reds relievers…was the longest homerless streak by the Reds’ bullpen since a 39.2-inning stretch in April 2017.
• In the 6-2 win on 4/13 vs Phi made the 200th appearance of his Major League career and recorded his 200th career strikeout (J.T. Realmuto).
• Was 1 of 3 non-roster invitees to make the Opening Day roster (LHP Alex Young, IF/OF Jason Vosler).
• Was designated for assignment at the 11/15/22 restricted list deadline.
• On 11/18/22 was not tendered a 2023 contract and became a free agent.
• On 1/23/23 was re-signed by the Reds to a minor league contract.