SEC OPENS OCTOBER WITH SIX CONFERENCE GAMES
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 2
Arkansas (4-0, 1-0 SEC) at Georgia (4-0, 2-0 SEC) Series: UGA leads, 11-4
Noon ET • ESPN Last: UGA, 37-10 (2020 at Fayetteville)
Athens, Ga. • Sanford Stadium (92,746) Sirius: 121/81 • XM: 191/81
Tennessee (2-2, 0-1 SEC) at Missouri (2-2, 0-1 SEC) Series: MIZ leads, 5-4
11 a.m. CT • SEC Network Last: UT, 35-12 (2020 at Knoxville)
Columbia, Mo. • Faurot Field (62,621) Sirius: 103/132 • XM: 192/190
Ole Miss (3-0, 0-0 SEC) at Alabama (4-0, 1-0 SEC) Series: UA leads, 52-10-2
2:30 p.m. CT • CBS Last: UA, 63-48 (2020 in Oxford)
Tuscaloosa Ala. • Bryant-Denny Stadium (101,821) Sirius: 121/81 • XM: 191/81
Troy (2-2) at South Carolina (2-2, 0-2 SEC) Series: SC leads, 3-0
3:30 p.m. ET • SEC Network
Columbia, S.C. • Williams-Brice Stadium (77,559) Sirius: 132 • XM: 190
Florida (3-1, 1-1 SEC) at Kentucky (4-0, 2-0 SEC) Series: UF leads, 53-18
6 p.m. ET • ESPN Last: UF, 34-10 (2020 at Gainesville)
Lexington, Ky. • Kroger Field (61,000) Sirius: 106/103 • XM: 235/182
Mississippi State (2-2, 0-1 SEC) at Texas A&M (3-1, 0-1 SEC) Series: Tied 7-7
6 p.m. CT • SEC Network Last: TAMU, 28-14 (2020 at Starkville)
College Station, Texas • Kyle Field (102,733) Sirius: 81 • XM: 388/81
UConn (0-5) at Vanderbilt (1-3, 0-1 SEC) Series: VU leads, 2-1
6:30 p.m. CT • ESPNU
Nashville, Tenn. • Vanderbilt Stadium (40,350) Sirius: 121 • XM: 191
Auburn (3-1, 0-0 SEC at LSU (3-1, 1-0 SEC) Series: LSU leads, 31-23-1
8 p.m. CT • ESPN Last: AU, 48-11 (2020 at Auburn)
Baton Rouge, La. • Tiger Stadium (102,321) Sirius: 138/132 • XM: 202/190
THIS IS SEC FOOTBALL
• Fourteen times in the last 15 seasons, a team from the SEC has advanced to the national championship game. The SEC has won 11 of those contests, with two of the losses coming in the game’s final seconds. The winner of the SEC Championship Game has advanced to the National Championship Game all but once since 2006.
• The SEC finished 7-2 in the postseason in 2020 to lead the nation in bowl wins, with all seven wins coming against Top-25 competition – the most in history for the conference. In the four bowl games where an unranked SEC team played a Top-25 opponent, the SEC went 3-1.
• Since Florida in January 2009, five different teams from the SEC have played for the national championship. Four of those five have multiple appearances and at least one victory since 2007.
• Not counting games versus each other, the SEC is 10-3 all-time in College Football Playoff games, playing in six of the seven CFP Championship Games (winning four of those six). Since 2006, the SEC has posted a 27-14 (.659) record in BCS/CFP games, more wins, appearances and winning percentage than any other A5 conference.
• More than 350 players from Southeastern Conference schools were listed on the initial 53-man NFL rosters to begin the 2020 season. Seven SEC schools were represented by at least 25 former players on active rosters, including Alabama with a league-high 57. In addition to the 53-man active rosters, more than 100 former SEC players are listed on reserve lists or practice squads for NFL teams. A total of 25 former SEC players were on active rosters of the Super Bowl between the Chiefs and Bucs.
• The SEC is 97-55 (.638) in bowl games since 2006, the only FBS league with a .600 or better winning percentage and 30 wins more than the next closest conference.
• The SEC has now won 47 games in the last seven postseasons and has sent no less than eight teams to post-season bowls in each of the last 14 seasons.
• In the seven seasons of the College Football Playoff era, only six programs nationally have been ranked No. 1 in the weekly CFP Top-25 Poll (which begins in late October each year) – four of those six programs (Alabama, Georgia, LSU, Mississippi State) are from the SEC.
• Nine different SEC teams, including all seven from the SEC Western Division, have made BCS/New Year’s Six bowl game appearances since 2006: Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, LSU, Ole Miss, Mississippi State and Texas A&M. Since the formation of the College Football Playoff in 2014, six of the seven schools in the Western Division have advanced to a New Year’s Six bowl.
• With Georgia and Alabama both earning victories in the CFP Semifinals in 2017, the national championship game featured two SEC teams for the second time in the last nine seasons.