SEATTLE KRAKEN NOTES:
CURRENT INJURIES – (MAN GAMES LOST: 17)
Brandon Tanev (lower body; IR) – 11 games – week-to-week
Andre Burakovsky (upper body; IR) – 6 games – week-to-week
THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW
• Tonight’s matchup with Arizona is the third of 14 games the Kraken will play in November, which is tied with March for their most regular-season games in a single month this season. • A win tonight would give the Kraken wins in consecutive road games for the first time this season. • The Kraken have gone 6-for-17 on the power play dating back to Oct. 24 at Detroit. The team’s 35.3 percent success rate on the power play from Oct. 24 on ranked second in the NHL (New Jersey; 42.9 percent) entering play Monday. o In all this season, the Kraken have had a 25.7 percent success rate on the power play, which ranked eighth in the league this year entering play Monday. • If the Kraken were to score on the power play tonight, it would give them power-play goals in four consecutive games for the first time since March 30 to April 4, 2023. • Entering play Monday, Adam Larsson, who has 28 hits and 22 blocked shots this year, was one of 12 skaters this season to total at least 20 hits and 20 blocked shots. • Larsson has totaled 195 points (41 goals, 154 assists) in his NHL career. Currently five points shy, he is set to become the third defenseman from the 2011 NHL draft class to total 200 or more career points, trailing only Dougie Hamilton (453) and Jonas Brodin (219).
• Matty Beniers has four points (two goals, two assists) in three career games against the Coyotes and has recorded at least a point in each of the three games he has played against Arizona. • Oliver Bjorkstrand has 10 points (five goals, five assists) in the last seven games he has played against Arizona, which includes matching his single-game career high with four points (two goals, two assists) against the Coyotes on Oct. 14, 2021 while he was playing for the Blue Jackets. • Jordan Eberle has six point (three goals, three assists) in his last six games against the Coyotes. • Vince Dunn enters tonight’s game riding a three-game point streak against the Coyotes dating back to March 22, 2022, totaling four points (one goal, three assists) during that span. • Philipp Grubauer has won his last four starts against Arizona dating back to March 22, 2022, posting a .939 save percentage and a 1.51 goals-against average during that span. • Jared McCann has nine points (five goals, four assists) in his lats six games against Arizona. Eight of those nine points have come in the five games he has played against the Coyotes as a member of the Kraken, and he has recorded multi-point efforts in the last three games he has played against Arizona. o McCann has also scored in each of the last three games he has played against the Coyotes. • Justin Schultz has five points (one goal, four assists) in his last four games against the Coyotes and has nine points (four goals, five assists) in the last nine road games he has played against Arizona. • Eeli Tolvanen has three points (one goal, two assists) in three career games he has played in Arizona. • Alex Wennberg has 10 points (three goals, seven assists) in nine career road games against the Coyotes. o He has recorded an assist in each of the three road games he has played against the Coyotes as a member of the Kraken. • Kailer Yamamoto has four assists in his last four games against Arizona.
CATCHING THE COYOTES
• The Kraken enter tonight’s game having won each of the last four games they have played against the Coyotes. If they are victorious tonight, it would give the Kraken five consecutive wins against a single opponent for the first time in franchise history. • The Coyotes are one of six teams (Boston, Colorado, Montreal, NY Islanders, Pittsburgh) that the Kraken have been perfect on the penalty kill against since the start of the 2022-23 season, going 9-for-9 on while shorthanded during that span. o With one shorthanded goal scored last season, the Kraken finished the 2022-23 season with a plus-1 goal differential on the penalty kill against the Coyotes, their best mark against any team. • Seattle has averaged 4.33 goals for in the six games they have played against Arizona since the start of the 2021-22 season, which is their third-best mark against any team, trailing only the Buffalo Sabres (5.25) and Ottawa Senators (4.75). o The Kraken have scored at least four goals in five of the six games they have played against the Coyotes. • Arizona is one of eight teams that Seattle has defeated at least four times in its history.
ARIZONA COYOTES NOTES:
3 HARD LAPS
• The Coyotes match up against the Kraken for the seventh time ever following their loss to Winnipeg on Saturday. The Coyotes are 3-2-0 following losses this year. • Matias Maccelli is amidst the longest point streak of his career after his seventh assist of the season and looks to extend the streak to nine with a point against the Kraken. • Connor Ingram is starting in goal tomorrow for his first career matchup against the Kraken. In six games against the Kraken, the Coyotes have given up an average of 4.33 goals per game.
· Clayton Keller (4-5-9) has scored in all but three games this season where the Coyotes have recorded a goal. . Sean Durzi (4-2-6) is one of five NHL defenseman with four goals scored. · Matias Maccelli has an active eight-game point streak after recording an assist in the 5-3 loss to Winnipeg. The streak is the longest of his career (prior career long: five games, 11/21/22-12/5/22) and is the third-longest active streak in the NHL. · Nick Schmaltz (4-6-10) paces the squad in points and currently averages .91 P/GP. · Nick Bjugstad is currently on a six-game point streak (1-5-6) and a five-game assist streak, the longest by any Coyote this season. . Logan Cooley is tied for the lead in points and assists (1-7-8) among all rookies and his .73 P/GP is T-first among rookies in P/GP (min. 11 GP). . Alex Kerfoot recorded three assists last Monday for his third three-assist game of his career, and his eighth three-point game…currently has the seventh longest active consecutive games played streak at 274 games. . Michael Carcone recorded the 8th, 9th and 10th goals of his NHL career in his career-best performance against the Blackhawks. · All of Juuso Valimaki’s (0-4-4) points have been assisted along with Matias Maccelli. . Lawson Crouse is on a five-game point streak with four goals in his last three outings after a scoreless first five games to start the campaign. He has now matched his career long point streak (3/3/23-3/11/23). . Barrett Hayton is averaging the highest TOI in his career, racking up an average of 19:22 per game. . Jack McBain netted two goals against Chicago and picked up two assists and a fight on the way to his first “Gordie Howe hat trick”. He has now set his career-high goal streak at three games. . J.J. Moser (2-3-5) has registered all five of his points in three games, with two multi-point games. He now has eight in his NHL career. . Josh Brown lit the lamp for the first time this season against Chicago, and now sits one goal away from ten career NHL goals. . Karel Vejmelka recorded the first point of his NHL career against LAK, a secondary assist on a Sean Durzi goal. . Arizona recorded four goals in one period in two consecutive games (10/27-10/30), only the fourth time the franchise had done so since 2000. . The Coyotes are tied for second in the NHL in first period goals with 15.
YOTES & KRAKEN -Tonight is the first of three ARI-SEA matchups this season. The two teams will not meet again until March 2024. This will be only the seventh meeting all-time between the two franchises. – In the first meeting all-time between the Coyotes and Kraken, Keller (0-1-1), Crouse (2-0-2), and Boyd (1-0-1) all tallied at least one point. – Clayton Keller registered at least one point in four of his first five career games against Seattle. – Karel Vejmelka has faced the Kraken four times in his career, and has maintained a save percentage of .900.
Coyotes franchise vs Kraken • All-Time: 2-4-0 • Home: 1-2-0 • Road: 1-2-0 • STRK: L4