SEATTLE KRAKEN NOTES:
Seattle 4 at Philadelphia 3
Goals: Schwartz (2), Eberle, Tolvanen
Goalie: Grubauer (15/18)
PP: 0/1 PK: 1/2 Shots: Seattle 21 – Philadelphia 18
CURRENT INJURIES – (Man Games Lost: 141)
Chris Driedger (ACL; IR) – 53 games – month-to-month
Joonas Donskoi (upper body; IR) – 53 games – no timeline for return
Andre Burakovsky (lower body) – 3 games – week-to-week
TRANSACTIONS IN PAST 7 DAYS
Feb. 9, 2023: Recalled F John Hayden from Coachella Valley (AHL); Activated D Justin Schultz off of Injured Reserve; Placed F Andre Burakovsky on IR
Thursday, Feb. 16: Philadelphia at Seattle, 7 p.m. PT
Saturday, Feb. 18: Detroit at Seattle, 7:30 p.m. PT
Friday, Feb. 20: San Jose at Seattle, 1 p.m. PT
Thursday, Feb. 23: Boston at Seattle, 7 p.m. PT
Sunday, Feb. 26: Toronto at Seattle, 4 p.m. PT
THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW
• Tonight’s game against the Jets is the final of five consecutive games the Kraken will play on the road.
• Tonight’s matchup is the third and final game the Kraken will play against the Jets this season and the first time that the two teams are meeting in Winnipeg.
• The Kraken have a 1-0-1 record against the Jets this season, falling to Winnipeg 3-2 in overtime on Nov. 13 and defeating them 3-2 on Dec. 18.
• Tonight is also the 17th of 20 games the Kraken will play against Canadian opponents this season. The Kraken have a 7-6-3 record when playing Canadian teams this year and have a 5-1-1 record in games that are played in Canada.
• Oliver Bjorkstrand has seven points (three goals, four assists) in his last seven games played dating back to Jan. 15, 2023.
• Since the start of the New Year, the Kraken are tied for the league lead in wins (12) and are tied for second in points (25).
• With 53 games played, the Kraken have already surpassed their win (27) and point (60) totals from last season.
• Despite only playing in 52 games this season, the Kraken are the first team to have scored at least eight goals in a game four different times since the Pittsburgh Penguins also has four eight-goal games in 2011-12.
GROUNDING THE JETS
• Oliver Bjorkstrand has six points (three goals, three assists) in his last six games against the Winnipeg.
• Andre Burakovsky has eight points (two goals, six assists) in his last six games against the Jets dating back to Jan. 6, 2022. He registered multi-point nights in three of those six games.
• Vince Dunn has a point (one goal, two assists) in each of his last three games against Winnipeg.
• Jordan Eberle has 10 points (four goals, six assists) in his last nine games against the Jets and has scored in each of the last three games Seattle has played against Winnipeg.
WINNIPEG JETS NOTES:
The Winnipeg Jets finish a five-game home stretch on Tuesday when they host the Seattle Kraken for the lone time this season. The Jets came out of their 11-day all-star and player break with a 4-1 win against the Chicago Blackhawks on Saturday night. After Tuesday’s game the Jets embark on a four-game Eastern Conference road trip, which begins on Thursday against the Columbus Blue Jackets.
Winnipeg Jets 4
Chicago Blackhawks 1
Jets Scorers: Morrissey (11), Wheeler (13, 14), Scheifele (32)
Blackhawks Scorers: Johnson (6)
Jets Goaltenders: Connor Hellebuyck (31 sv, 1 ga)
Blackhawks Goaltender: Petr Mrazek (24 sv, 3 ga)
Jets PP: 1-for-3
Jets PK: 3-for-3
Recap: Three goals in the second period lifted the Winnipeg Jets past the Chicago Blackhawks 4-1 on Saturday night. Blake Wheeler led the Jets with two goals and an assist, while Josh Morrissey also contributed a goal and an assist for a two-point night. Mark Scheifele scored his team-leading 32nd goal for Winnipeg’s other tally. Connor Hellebuyck made 31 saves to win consecutive starts.
The Jets are second in the Western Conference and eighth in the NHL with a points percentage of .632… Winnipeg’s best points percentage in franchise history was in 2017-18 when the team finished at .695… The franchise has finished a season with a points percentage better than .600
Record Setting January
The Jets went 9-6-0 in January, which is the most wins the franchise have had in a January… Kyle Connor (8G, 8A) and Mark Scheifele (8G, 8A) led the Jets in scoring in January with 16 points in 15 games, while Nikolaj Ehlers has 15 points (4G, 11A) in 15 games returning from injury.
Against the Pacific
Winnipeg is 9-4-1 against the Pacific Division this season… Kyle Connor (8G, 12A) leads the Jets with 20 points in 14 games against the Pacific Division this season, while Mark Scheifele has 11 goals in 14 games, including five of his nine power play goals this season.
The Jets are 19-8-0 at Canada Life Centre this season… Kyle Connor (14G, 22A) leads the team with 36 points in 27 home games… Mark Scheifele’s 18 goals at home leads the team and has him six goals behind his career high 24 goals he had at home during the 2018-19 season… Connor Hellebuyck has been stellar on home ice this season, going 16-7-0 with a 1.98 goals-against average, .935 save percentage and three shutouts… Winnipeg is 248-157-36 all-time at Canada Life Centre and have posted a .500 record or better at home in six consecutive seasons… The franchise is seven goals away from reaching 1,400 goals scored at Canada Life Centre since relocation in 2011… The Jets are fourth in the NHL with a plus-19 goal differential at home.
Winnipeg is second in the NHL with a penalty kill successful 83.7% of the time… The Jets are 46-for-52 (88.5%) on the penalty kill in their past 18 games … Winnipeg hasn’t allowed a power play goal in nine of their past 12 games… The last time the Jets had a penalty kill better than 82% was in 2013-14 when they finished the season at 83.2%… The franchise record for penalty kill percentage in a season is 85.2%, which occurred in Atlanta during the 2003-04 season.
On the PP
The Jets went 1-for-3 on the power play on Saturday and are 14-for-63 (22.2%) with the man advantage in their past 18 games… Blake Wheeler scored his seventh power play goal of the season on Saturday, which is one way from his career high (2013-14)… The Jets are one of eight teams in the NHL this season with four players having scored six power play goals or more – Mark Scheifele (9), Pierre-Luc Dubois (8), Blake Wheeler (7), and Kyle Connor (6).
Jets vs. SEA Notes
This is the last of three games between the Jets and Kraken this season, but the first at Canada Life Centre in Winnipeg… The Jets split the first two games in Seattle – winning 3-2 in overtime on Nov. 13 and losing 3-2 on Dec. 18.
Winnipeg is 4-1-0 against Seattle since the Kraken entered the NHL last season, winning the first four meetings… The past three games between the Jets and Kraken have been decided by one goal… Winnipeg is 4-for-10 on the power play against the Kraken this season, with Mark Scheifele scoring two of the four goals.
The Jets went 2-0-0 against the Kraken last season in Winnipeg.
Kyle Connor leads the Jets with eight points (4G, 4A) in five career games against Seattle. He has a point in all five games… Blake Wheeler has five points (3G, 2A) in four games against the Kraken… Goaltender Connor Hellebuyck has only faced Seattle once during hi s career, posting a 25-save shutout in Seattle on Dec. 9/21 last season.
Jets vs. SEA Season-By-Season
Year GP W L OT GF GA PIM PP% PK%
2021-22 3 3 0 0 12 6 18 0.0 75.0
2022-23 2 1 1 0 5 5 16 40.0 83.7
Jets vs. SEA Past 5 Games
Date Opp Res G GA S PPO PPG PIM SA PPOA PPGA PIMA
12/09/2021 @Sea W 3 0 33 2 0 10 25 5 0 4
02/17/2022 Sea W 5 3 29 3 0 6 23 2 1 8
05/01/2022 Sea W 4 3 27 1 0 2 30 1 1 2
11/13/2022 @Sea W 3 2 30 7 2 10 21 4 1 16
12/18/2022 @Sea L 2 3 17 3 2 6 34 2 0 8
Tale of the Tape
WPG Stat SEA
53 GP 53
33 W 30
19 L 18
1 OT 5
67 PTS 65
170 GF 185
138 GA 167
22.5% PP 19.6%
83.7% PK 70.9%
Next Five Games
Date Opp TV Radio
Feb. 14 SEA TSN CJOB/Power 97
Feb. 16 At CBJ TSN CJOB/Power 97
Feb. 19 At NJD TSN CJOB/Power 97
Feb. 20 At NYR SN CJOB/Power 97
Feb. 22 At NYI SN CJOB/Power 97
Recent Five Games
Date Opp SC Res Streak
Jan. 24 At NSH 2-1 L 1L
Jan. 26 BUF 3-2 L 2L
Jan. 28 PHI 4-0 L 3L
Jan. 30 STL 4-2 W 1W
Feb. 11 CHI 4-1 W 2W
Play-By-Play: Dan Robertson
Analyst: Kevin Sawyer
Rinkside: John Lu
Radio: 680 CJOB/Power 97
Play-By-Play: Paul Edmonds
Analyst: Jamie Thomas
Host: Kelly Moore
Tuesday, February 14
Morning Skate 10:30 a.m.
Jets vs. Seattle Kraken 7:00 p.m.
Wednesday, February 15
All Times Local