PHILADELPHIA FLYERS NOTES:
Philadelphia Flyers at Tampa Bay Lightning
TV: NBCSP+ | Radio: 93.3 WMMR
DATE OPPONENT LOCATION TIME (ET) BROADCAST INFO.
Thur., March 9 Carolina Hurricanes PNC Arena 7:00 p.m. NBCSP, 97.5 The Fanatic
Sat., March 11 Pittsburgh Penguins PPG Paints Arena 3:30 p.m. ABC/ESPN+, 97.5 The Fanatic
Tue., March 14 Vegas Golden Knights Wells Fargo Center 7 p.m. NBCSP/97.5 The Fanatic
PLAYER INJURY DATES GAMES MISSED
Cam Atkinson IR-upper body 9/25-present 63
Sean Couturier IR-back 9/19-present 63
Ryan Ellis LTIR-groin/hip/back 10/11-present 63
Travis Konecny IR-upper body 2/21-present 5
2022-23 TOTAL MAN GAMES LOST: 334
FLYERS VS. LIGHTNING: HEAD-TO-HEAD
48-43-16 ALL-TIME RECORD 51-45-11
23-19-11 HOME 28-23-3
25-24-5 ROAD 23-22-8
1-3-1 LAST 5 MEETINGS 4-1-0
1-6-3 LAST 10 MEETINGS 9-1-0
315 GOALS SCORED 322
20.2% POWER PLAY 17.2%
82.8% PENALTY KILL 79.8%
van Riemsdyk: 30 pts (17-13=30) in 40 GP
Hayes: 11 pts (5-6=11) in 18 GP
Two players tied at 9 pts
TEAM SCORING LEADERS Stamkos: 52 pts (27-25=52) in 39 GP
Hedman: 28 pts (7-21=28) in 35 GP
Perry: 27 pts (9-18=27) in 24 GP
Hart: 1-6-1, 3.93 GAA, .874 SV% in 8 GP
Sandstrom: Has not faced TBL
TEAM GOALTENDERS Vasilevskiy: 11-3-0, 2.26 GAA, .929 SV%, 3 SO in 15 GP
Elliott: 8-4-0, 2.01 GAA, .936 SV%, 3 SO in 12 GP
2022-23 SEASON SERIES (ALL TIMES EASTERN)
October 18 Amalie Arena PHI (3), TBL (2)
December 1 Wells Fargo Center TBL (4), PHI (1)
March 7 Amalie Arena 7 p.m
3/3 – Acquired a 2023 Sixth-Round Draft Pick from Ottawa in exchange for F Patrick Brown
3/3 – Acquired F Brendan Lemieux and a 2024 fifth-round draft pick from Los Angeles in exchange for F Zack MacEwen
3/3 – Activated F Tanner Lacyznski and F Zack MacEwen from Injured Reserve
3/2 – Re-assigned F Elliot Desnoyers and F Olle Lycksell to Lehigh Valley (AHL)
- The Flyers are 13-11-4 in their last 28 games.
- Philadelphia has allowed the opposing team to score first in 38 of its 63 games this season. Philadelphia ranks T-9th in the NHL with 12 wins when trailing first in a game.
- The Flyers tallied 40 hits Feb. 11 vs. NSH for their sixth game of 40-plus hits this season. The six games of 40-plus hits are the most in a single season since recording 13 games during the 2014-15 season.
- Philadelphia recorded a franchise-best 59 hits Nov. 12 vs. OTT. The 59 hits are tied for the ninth-most in a regular season game in NHL history.
- Philadelphia registered 30 blocked shots Monday at CGY for its fifth game of the season with 30-plus blocked shots
– the most 30-plus blocked shot games in a Flyers season since 2005-06. The Flyers tallied a season-high 32 blocked shots Oct. 27 vs. FLA.
- The Flyers rank second in the NHL with 1,102 blocked shots and rank third with 1,768 hits.
ON THE ROAD AGAIN
- The Flyers begin a three-game road trip Tuesday and only have four road games this month.
- Philadelphia has nine road games remaining in the 2022-23 regular season and is 3-4-1 in its last eight road games.
- The Flyers are 8-5-1 in its last 14 road games, including a season-high five-game road win streak, Dec. 29-Jan. 14.
- The Flyers have scored three-plus goals in 11 of their last 19 road games. Philadelphia is 9-3-4 on the road this season when scoring three-plus goals.
TAMPA BAY LIGHTNING NOTES:
Lightning 0 at Carolina 6
The Tampa Bay Lightning failed to score a goal for the second time this season and lost a fifth-straight game in a 6-0 loss to the Carolina Hurricanes March 5 at PNC Arena…The Bolts fell to 37-21-5 on the season with a road record of 15-6-1…The Lightning are 0-1-1 vs. CAR this season with one matchup remaining March 28 at PNC Arena…Tampa Bay surrendered two goals in the first period to Andrei Svechnikov and Teuvo Teravainen at the 6:30 and 17:13 marks before Teravainen and Shayne Gostisbehere gave CAR a 4-0 lead going into the third period with goals at the 11:57 and 15:50 mark of the middle frame…The Lightning failed to record a single shot on goal in the second period…Teravainen completed the hat trick at the 11:03 mark of the third and Jesperi Kotkaniemi scored the final goal of the game with 3:26 remaining…The Bolts gave up four power-play goals, two more than they had previously given up in any game this season.
PP: TBL – 0-2 CAR – 4-5
SOG: TBL – 14 CAR – 38
The Lightning and the Flyers are playing the third of three matchups this season and the second of two meetings at AMALIE Arena…The Bolts are 1-1-0 vs. PHI this season with a 3-2 loss at AMALIE Arena Oct. 18 and a 4-1 win Dec. 1 at Wells Fargo Center…Steven Stamkos (2-1—3) leads all Tampa Bay skaters in points vs. PHI this season and is tied with Nick Paul (2-0—2) for the team lead in goals…Nikita Kucherov (0-2—2) and Corey Perry (0-2—2) are tied for the Lightning team lead in assists vs. PHI this season…Stamkos is riding a six-game point streak vs. PHI (4-7—11) and has picked up points in 12 of the last 13 meetings (9-16—15)…Stamkos has posted a multi-point effort in five consecutive home games vs. PHI (7-9—16) and 10 of the last 13 meetings at AMALIE Arena (15-13— 28)…Kucherov has also recorded multiple points in five straight home games vs. PHI (2-11—13)…Kucherov has points in nine of his last 12 games vs. PHI (4-16—20)…Brayden Point has found the scoresheet in five of his six career games vs. PHI (3-4—7)…Tanner Jeannot has recorded four points in four career games vs. PHI (2-2—4)…Ross Colton has picked up four points over his last three contests vs. PHI (1-3—4)…Perry has recorded six points in five career games vs. PHI since signing with Tampa Bay (3-3—6)…Pat Maroon has found the scoresheet in eight of his last 12 games vs. PHI (4-5—9)…Victor Hedman has picked up points in 11 of his last 13 home games vs. PHI (6- 12—18)…In 14 career starts vs. PHI, Andrei Vasilevskiy is 11-3-0 with a .929 save percentage and 2.26 goals against average…The Lightning have scored three or more goals in 11 of the last 13 games vs. PHI (57 total goals)…The Bolts have scored a power-play goal in eight of the last 11 matchups vs. PHI and nine of the last 12 meetings at AMALIE Arena…The Lightning are 7-3-0 in their last 10 home games vs. PHI and 9-1-0 in the last 10 meetings overall…The Bolts are 51-45-3 with eight ties all-time vs. PHI, including a home record of 28-23-2 with one tie…Martin St. Louis (15-43—58) holds the Lightning franchise record for career points vs. PHI.
TBL ALL-TIME POINT LEADERS VS. PHI
- Martin St. Louis – 58 pts. (15-43—58, 44 GP)
- Steven Stamkos – 52 pts. (27-25—52, 39 GP)
- Vincent Lecavalier – 42 pts. (15-27—42, 52 GP)
T4. Brad Richards – 28 pts. (7-21—28, 26 GP)
T4. Victor Hedman – 28 pts. (7-21—28, 35 GP)
Tampa Bay is playing the first game of a four-game homestand tonight…The Bolts will play eight of their 16 games in March on home ice…The Lightning are 7-6-2 against Metropolitan Division opponents and 17-14-3 against the Eastern Conference this season…Tampa Bay is 22-5-4 on home ice this season…The Lightning have scored three or more goals in 11 of their last 12 home games (52 total goals)…Tampa Bay has scored a power-play goal in 11 of their last 12 home games.
2022-23 Regular Season Man Games Lost: 97
Erik Cernak (Lower-body injury; Day-to-day) 2 Games
March 4 – Recalled D Darren Raddysh from AHL Syracuse
March 3 – Re-assigned D Darren Raddysh to AHL Syracuse
March 2 – Recalled D Darren Raddysh from AHL Syracuse
March 1 – Acquired F Michael Eyssimont from San Jose in exchange for F Vladislav Namestnikov