MONTREAL CANADIENS NOTES:
À SURVEILLER CE SOIR / KEEP AN EYE ON…
– Les Canadiens et les Coyotes s’affrontent ce soir pour la 83e fois en saison régulière. Ces deux clubs ne se sont jamais affrontés en séries.
– The Canadiens and Coyotes are facing each other for the 83rd time in regular season. Those two opponents have never faced each other in the playoffs.
CANADIENS VS. ARIZONA
À vie / All-Time CANADIENS vs. ARI 52-21-9-0 (82 PJ / GP) Dom. / Home 31-8-2-0 (41 PJ / GP) Étr. / Away 21-13-7-0 (41 PJ / GP)
Dern. Match / Last game: VP 3-2 OTW @ ARI (19/12/22) S. Montembeault 2-39 | K. Vejmelka 3-26 BG / WG: M. Hoffman (P/OT)
10 DERNIERS MATCHS CONTRE ARIZONA / LAST 10 GAMES VS. ARIZONA:
19/12/22 – MTL 3 @ ARI 2 (P/OT) 20/10/22 – ARI 2 @ MTL 6 15/03/22 – ARI 6 @ MTL 3 17/01/22 – MTL 2 @ ARI 5 10/02/20 – ARI 3 @ MTL 2 30/10/19 – MTL 4 @ ARI 1 23/01/19 – ARI 1 @ MTL 2 20/12/18 – MTL 2 @ ARI 1 15/02/18 – MTL 2 @ ARI 5 16/11/17 – ARI 5 @ MTL 4
ARIZONA COYOTES NOTES:
3 HARD LAPS
• The Coyotes meet the Canadiens for the first time since 12/19/22, who have won four of their last six games. The Coyotes have attained a point in two straight games and look to reach a season-high of three straight games with a point.
• Matias Maccelli is amidst the longest point streak of his career after his assist in Anaheim and looks to extend the streak to seven with a point against the Canadiens.
• The Coyotes have begun 2-1 at home with a goal differential of +7 and look to get to 3-1 at home for the first time since 2019-20
· Clayton Keller (4-4-8) has scored in all but two games this season where the Coyotes have recorded a goal. . Sean Durzi (4-2-6) is in a three-way tie for first among NHL defenseman for goals scored. · Nick Schmaltz (2-6-8) paces the squad in assists and is tied with Keller for the team lead in points . Logan Cooley is tied for first among all rookies in points (1-6-7) and his .78 P/GP is first among rookies in P/GP (min. 9 GP). . Alex Kerfoot recorded three assists Monday night for his third three-assist game of his career, and his eighth three-point game…currently has the eighth longest active consecutive games played streak at 272 games. . Michael Carcone recorded the 8th, 9th and 10th goals of his NHL career in his career-best performance against the Blackhawks. · Matias Maccelli has an active six-game point streak after recording an assist in the 4-3 loss to Anaheim. The streak is now the longest of his career (prior career long: five games, 11/21/22-12/5/22) · All of Juuso Valimaki’s (0-4-4) points have been assisted along with Matias Maccelli. . Lawson Crouse has begun a three-game point streak with his two-goal outing after a scoreless first five games. . Barrett Hayton totaled 6:36 of TOI during the Power Play against NJD, the most in any game of his NHL career. . Jack McBain netted two goals against Chicago and picked up two assists and a fight on the way to his first “Gordie Howe hat trick”. He has now set his career-high goal streak at three games. . J.J. Moser (2-2-4) has registered all four of his points in two games, both multi-point games. He now has eight in his NHL career. . Josh Brown lit the lamp for the first time this season against Chicago, and now sits one goal away from ten career NHL goals. . Karel Vejmelka recorded the first point of his NHL career against LAK, a secondary assist on a Sean Durzi goal. . Arizona had recorded four goals in one period in two consecutive games (10/27-10/30), only the fourth time the franchise had done so since 2000.
YOTES & CANADIENS
-Tonight is the first of two ARI-MTL matchups this season. The Coyotes will head north to Montreal in February for the second bout. Last year’s Coyotes’ four leading scorers (Keller, Schmaltz, Maccelli, and Crouse) were the four point-getters in Arizona’s last game against Montreal. – Clayton Keller has registered at least one point in his last five games against Montreal… one of his two career four-point games came against the Canadiens in 2018. – In three starts against Montreal, goaltender Karel Vejmelka has not experienced a regulation loss, going 2-0-1 in those appearances. – Nick Schmaltz maintains a three-game goal streak in games against the Canadiens, dating back to 1/17/22.