DETROIT RED WINGS NOTES:
LAST GAME RED WINGS 1 vs. WINNIPEG 4 (10/26/23)
1ST PERIOD: WPG Ehlers (Perfetti, Samberg) 16:28-EV; WPG Connor (Morrissey) 17:30-EV
2ND PERIOD: DET Raymond (Larkin, Seider) 3:18-EV
3RD PERIOD: WPG Appleton (Lowry, Niederreiter) 10:26-EV; WPG Niederreiter (Appleton) 18:58-EN SHOTS: DET 36 (9-8-19) / WPG 29 (10-11-8)
GOALIES: DET Reimer (L, 25-28) / WPG Hellebuyck (W, 35-36) PP: DET 0-2 / WPG 0-3
MAN GAMES LOST (games missed / out since)
Robby Fabbri – lower body (7 / Oct. 12)
Jeff Petry – upper body (3 / Oct. 22)
Total Man Games Lost: 13
Individual Man Games Lost: Klim Kostin (3)
DETROIT RED WINGS (5-2-1) at BOSTON BRUINS (6-0-1)
Saturday, October 28, 2023 / 7:00 P.M. ET / TD Garden / TV: Bally Sports Detroit Extra / RADIO: WXYT 97.1 FM
TONIGHT: 615th all-time meeting, 309th at Boston … First of four games this season, first of two at Boston
ALL-TIME vs. BOS: 263-250-95-6 / AWAY: 96-166-43-3 / LAST 10: 5-5-0 / IN 2022-23: 1-2-0 / THIS SEASON: 0-0-0
DET top scorers vs. BOS: Dylan Larkin (8-10-18 in 24 GP), David Perron (5-10-15 in 25 GP), Alex DeBrincat (5-3-8 in 12 GP), Lucas Raymond (1-3-4 in 7 GP), Moritz Seider (1-3-4 in 7 GP), Klim Kostin (0-1-1 in 1 GP), Jonatan Berggren (0-1-1 in 2 GP)
BOS top scorers vs. DET: Brad Marchand (17-22-39 in 37 GP), David Pastrnak (12-13-25 in 24 GP), Kevin Shattenkirk (4-14-18 in 31 GP), James van Riemsdyk (11-7-18 in 32 GP), Charlie McAvoy (3-7-10 in 14 GP), Pavel Zacha (2-7-9 in 12 GP)
LAST TIME OUT
Oct. 26 vs. Winnipeg – 4-1 L
Detroit fell against Winnipeg to move to 5-2-1 overall and 3-1-1 inside Little Caesars Arena … The result snapped Detroit’s six-game point streak (5-0-1) … The Red Wings continue to pace the NHL with 35 goals through eight games to begin the 2023-24 campaign … Lucas Raymond put Detroit on the board with his second goal of the season … Raymond, who matched a career high with three assists on Oct. 22 vs. Calgary, has six points (2-4-6) in eight games to begin the 2023-24 season … Dylan Larkin collected the primary assist on Raymond’s goal to extend his point streak to eight-consecutive games (4-11-15 in 8 GP) … Larkin continues to lead the Red Wings in assists (11) and points (15) to begin the 2023-24 season … Larkin ranks second among all NHL skaters with 15 points (4-11- 15 in 8 GP), trailing only Jack Hughes (5-13-18 in 7 GP) … Larkin became the first Red Wings skater with a season-opening point streak of at least eight games since Henrik Zetterberg authored a 17-game point streak (13-14-27 in 17 GP) to begin the 2007-08 campaign. The only other Red Wings players to achieve season-opening point streaks of at least eight games are Norm Ullman in 1960-61 (6-15-21 in 14 GP), Syd Howe in 1944-45 (5-14-19 in 12 GP), Petr Klima in 1986-87 (10-5-15 in 10 GP) and Brendan Shanahan in 2001-02 (8-7-15 in 9 GP) … Moritz Seider recorded his 100th career NHL point with an assist on Raymond’s goal … Seider (13-87-100 in 172 GP) became the third-fastest defenseman in Red Wings history to reach the 100-point mark behind Reed Larson (139 GP) and Nicklas Lidström (160 GP) … Seider is the fourth Red Wings defenseman to reach the 100-point mark before the age of 23, joining Larson (128), Steve Chiasson (105) and Lidström (101) … Additionally, Seider required the fifth-fewest games among German-born players to reach the 100-point plateau behind Dany Heatley (113 GP), Walt Tkaczuk (124 GP), Tim Stützle (146 GP) and Leon Draisaitl (156 GP) … Seider has tallied eight points (1-7-8) in eight games to begin the 2023-24 season … Shayne Gostisbehere (3-6-9 in 8 GP) is the only Red Wings defenseman with more points than Seider this season … Jake Walman led the Red Wings in shots (5) and blocks (3) … J.T. Compher finished 7-for-8 (87.5 percent) at the faceoff circle, while Larkin went 11-for-19 (57.9 percent) on the draw … The Red Wings outshot the Jets by a 19-8 margin the third period … In all, Detroit outshot Winnipeg, 36- 29.
BOSTON BRUINS NOTES:
-The Bruins host the Red Wings tonight in the first of four games between these teams this season and the first of two visits toTD Garden this year … The Bruins are 6-0-1 overall this season and they are 2-0-1 on home ice … They are facing their first game vs. an Eastern Conference team this season. -The Bruins play game two tonight of their current four-game home stand vs. Detroit (0-0-1) … They will continue hosting Florida on Oct. 30, and Toronto on Nov. 2.
-The Bruins had their six-game win streak snapped with a 4-3 OT setback vs. Anaheim on 10/26 but extended their 6-0-1 point streak to seven games.
– The Bruins had opened their season with a 3-1 win vs. Chicago on 10/11, a 3-2 victory vs. Nashville on 10/14, a 3-1 win in San Jose on 10/19, 4-2 victory in Los Angeles on 10/21, 3-1 win in Anaheim on Oct. 22 and 3-0 shutout in Chicago on 10/24, tied the 1937-38 Bruins for the longest win streak to open a season in franchise history.
– 10/22: Bos 3 at Ana 1 … The Bruins extended their season-opening win streak to 5-0-0, their longest such stretch since 1937-38 … Matt Poitras netted his first two NHL goals and Brad Marchand scored an ENG for the win … Linus Ullmark was held to just one goal against for his third straight game … SOG: Bos 26, Ana 31 … PP: 0/5 … PK: 0/3
– 10/24: Bos 3 at Chi 0 … The Bruins had a season-high 43 shots with goals from Pavel Zacha, Trent Frederic and Matt Poitras in the win … Jeremy Swayman made 23 saves for his 10th career shutout … SOG: Bos 43, Chi 23 … PP: 0/4 … PK: 0/3
– 10/26: Bos 3 vs Ana 4/OT … Charlie Coyle, Matt Grzelcyk and David Pastrnak gave the Bruins a 3-1 lead into the fnal 1:55 of regulation but the Ducks took three goals in a 4:03 span for the decision … Linus Ullmark earned a point in the OT loss … SOG: Bos 30, Ana 32 … PP: 1/3 … PK: 0/5
INJURIES (5 man-games lost)
– Milan Lucic: Lower body IR
– Jakub Lauko: Upper body BOSTON vs
DETROIT, LIFETIME SERIES
– The Bruins and Red Wings are meeting for the 615th time in their history with Detroit holding a 258-25695-5 margin and the Bruins having a 1,863-1,830 scoring edge in those games.
– The Bruins are 169-94-43-2 lifetime in 308 home games vs. the Red Wings with a 1,086-809 scoring advantage in those contests.
October 26: Jesper Boqvist recalled from Providence/AHL.
October 28: Oskar Steen recalled from Providence/AHL.