DETROIT RED WINGS NOTES:
RED WINGS 4 vs. CHICAGO 3 (3/8/23)
1ST PERIOD: CHI Raddysh (Reichel, Athanasiou) 15:51-PP; CHI Raddysh (Guttman, Murphy) 17:58-EV
2ND PERIOD: DET Walman (Seider, Chiasson) 2:53-EV; DET Larkin (Chiasson, Perron) 18:34-PP
3RD PERIOD: CHI Anderson (Khaira) 6:10-EV; DET Raymond (Hägg, Chiarot) 12:36-EV; DET Kubalík (Lindström, Copp) 15:53-EV
SHOTS: DET 41 (12-19-10) / CHI 20 (10-3-7)
GOALIES: DET Husso (W, 17-20) / CHI Stalock (L, 37-41)
PP: DET 1-3 / CHI 1-3
MAN GAMES LOST (games missed / out since)
Michael Rasmussen – lower body (8 / Feb. 25)
Total Man Games Lost: 243
Individual Man Games Lost: Filip Zadina (37), Robby Fabbri (35), Jakub Vrána (33), Matt Luff (32), Tyler Bertuzzi (31), Robert Hägg (15), Elmer Söderblom (13), Gustav Lindström (11), Lucas Raymond (8), Oskar Sundqvist (7), Olli Määttä (4), Ville Husso (3), Jake Walman (3), Jordan Oesterle (2), Dylan Larkin (1)
3/10 – Recalled forward Austin Czarnik from Grand Rapids under emergency conditions
3/9 – Traded defenseman Steven Kampfer to Arizona in exchange for future considerations
3/6 – Reassigned goaltender John Lethemon from Grand Rapids to Toledo (ECHL)
3/5 – Assigned goaltender Alex Nedeljkovic to Grand Rapids
3/3 – Recalled goaltender Alex Nedeljkovic from Grand Rapids under emergency conditions … Signed forward Alex Chiasson and goaltender John Lethemon to one-year contracts for the remainder of the 2022-23 season … Acquired a fourth-round pick in the 2023 NHL Entry Draft from Minnesota in exchange for forward Oskar Sundqvist … Acquired a seventh-round pick in the 2025 NHL Entry Draft and forward Dylan McLaughlin from St. Louis in exchange for forward Jakub Vrána (Detroit will retain 50 percent of Vrána’s salary) … Loaned forward Dylan McLaughlin to Springfield (AHL)
3/2 – Recalled forward Adam Erne from Grand Rapids … Activated defenseman Jordan Oesterle from injured reserve … Placed forward Michael Rasmussen on injured reserve … Acquired a first-round pick in the 2024 NHL Entry Draft and a fourth-round pick in the 2025 NHL Entry Draft from Boston in exchange for forward Tyler Bertuzzi (Detroit will retain 50 percent of Bertuzzi’s salary)
3/1 – Signed forward Dylan Larkin to an eight-year contract extension with an average annual value of $8.7 million … Acquired a conditional first-round pick and a second-round pick in the 2023 NHL Entry Draft from Vancouver in exchange for defenseman Filip Hronek and a fourth-round pick in the 2023 NHL Entry Draft … Signed forward Alexandre Doucet to a three-year entry-level contract
RED WINGS at BRUINS / 1:00 P.M. EST / TD Garden / TV: ESPN+, ABC / RADIO: WXYT 97.1 FM
TONIGHT: 613th all-time meeting, 308th at Boston … Second of three games this season, second of two at Boston
ALL-TIME vs. BOS: 262-249-95-6 / AWAY: 96-165-43-3 / LAST 10: 6-4-0 / IN 2021-22: 2-2-0 / THIS SEASON: 0-1-0
DET top scorers vs. BOS: Dylan Larkin (7-7-14 in 22 GP), David Perron (5-9-14 in 23 GP), Jake Walman (0-1-1 in 1 GP)
BOS top scorers vs. DET: Brad Marchand (17-22-39 in 35 GP), Patrice Bergeron (15-16-31 in 36 GP), David Krejci (8-17-25 in 32
GP), David Pastrnak (11-12-23 in 22 GP), Charlie McAvoy (3-7-10 in 12 GP), Tomas Nosek (1-5-6 in 9 GP)
UPCOMING GAMES (ALL TIMES EDT)
Sun., March 12: RED WINGS vs. BRUINS / 1:30 p.m. / LITTLE CAESARS ARENA / TV: TNT / RADIO: WXYT 97.1 FM
Tue., March 14: RED WINGS at PREDATORS / 8:00 p.m. / Bridgestone Arena / TV: BSD / RADIO: WXYT 97.1 FM
Sat., March 18: RED WINGS vs. AVALANCHE / 1:00 p.m. / LITTLE CAESARS ARENA / TV: NHLN, BSD / RADIO: WXYT 97.1 FM
LAST TIME OUT
March 8 vs. Chicago – 4-3 W
Detroit captured a 4-3 victory over Chicago to improve to 29-26-9 overall and 16-12-4 inside Little Caesars Arena … Trailing 2-0 after one period, the Red Wings secured their fourth multi-goal comeback win of the season … Detroit also rallied from multi-goal deficits to win on Nov. 6 at the New York Rangers, Dec. 28 at Pittsburgh and Dec. 31 vs. Ottawa … Detroit is a perfect 5-0-0 at home against Central Division opponents this season … In all, the Red Wings are 14-6-6 against Western Conference opponents this season, and 9-2-2 inside Little Caesars Arena … Detroit is 10-5-9 in one-goal games this season, and 25-6-19 since the beginning of the 2021-22 campaign … Dominik Kubalík scored the game-winning goal with 4:07 left in regulation … Kubalík continues to rank second among Detroit skaters with 18 goals, while his three game-winning goals are tied with Robby Fabbri and Lucas Raymond for second-most on the team … Raymond knotted the score at three apiece with his 16th goal of the season … Raymond has 11 points (6-5-11) in 18 games dating back to Jan. 10 vs. Winnipeg … Jake Walman put Detroit on the board with his seventh goal of the year … The Red Wings have 34 goals from blueliners in 2022-23, which are their most in a single season since netting 44 goals in 2011-12 … Dylan Larkin scored on the power play for his team-leading 24th goal of the season … Larkin extended his team lead in goals (24), points (60), power play goals (13), power play points (23) and shots (196) through 63 games … Larkin has compiled 27 points (11-16-27) and eight power play goals in 26 games since Jan. 10 vs. Winnipeg … Larkin also finished 17-for-22 (77.3%) at the faceoff circle … Larkin recorded his second-consecutive 60-point season, a feat he first achieved in 2017-18 and 2018-19 … The last Red Wings skater other than Larkin with consecutive 60-point seasons was Henrik Zetterberg, who had seven-straight 60-point seasons from 2005-06 to 2011-12 … Alex Chiasson dished out a pair of assists for his first points in a Detroit uniform … It marked Chiasson’s first multi-point game since scoring twice for Vancouver on April 14, 2022 vs. Arizona … Moritz Seider recorded the primary assist on Walman’s goal, giving him three assists in his last four games … Seider has 20 points (2-18-20) and a plus-six rating in 26 games dating back to Jan. 10 vs. Winnipeg … Seider picked up his 72nd career NHL assist, passing Sergei Fedorov for the sixth-most assists by any Red Wings skater prior to their 22nd birthday … Ben Chiarot logged his 100th career NHL assist with a helper on Raymond’s game-tying goal … Gustav Lindström notched the primary assist on Kubalík’s game-winning goal, giving him four points (1-3-4) in his last six contests.
BOSTON BRUINS NOTES:
- The Bruins host the Red Wings today in the 2nd of 3 games between these teams this season and the 2nd of 2 Detroit games at TD Garden.
- They are 49-9-5 overall this season and they are 26-3-3 on home ice … The Bruins are 27-6-3 vs Eastern Conference opponents.
- The Bruins are playing today their 10th of 16 matinees this season (local start time 4:00 pm or earlier) … They have a 7-1-1 record in afternoon games so far.
- They are playing their tenth of 14 sets of back-to-back games this season … They are currently 7-0-2 in the 1st game of those sets and are 7-2-0 in the 2nd games so far.
- The Bruins conclude their 4-game home stand (2-1-0) today vs. Detroit … They will then open a 5-game road trip in Detroit tomorrow, continuing the trip in Chicago in 3/14, Winnipeg on 3/16, Minnesota on 3/18 and Buffalo on 3/19.
- The Bruins had their their 10-games win streak snapped with a 3-2 loss vs. Edmonton on 3/9 … That followed wins vs. Dallas, Nashville, NY Islanders, Ottawa, Seattle, Vancouver, Edmonton, Calgary, Buffalo and NY Rangers, which was tied for the 5th-longest win streak in their history.
- The Bruins are 7-2-0 in their last 9 home games.
- They have won their last 7 road games and are 16-2-2 in their last 20 road games, including a 9-0-1 road point streak from 12/11-1/24.
- Boston 7 vs Buffalo 1 … David Pastrnak and Dmitry Orlov had 1-2=3 totals each with 2-point nights each from Jakub Lauko (2G), Pavel Zacha (GA), Charlie Coyle, Brandon Carlo, and David Krejci (2A) … The Bruins had 4G in the last 5:15 of the 3rd period including 2 SHG in 0:24 … Jeremy Swayman took his 4th straight win … SOG: Bos 42, Buf 27 … PP: 1/3 … PK: 0/3
- Boston 4 vs NY Rangers 2 … Charlie Coyle had 1-1=2 totals and added single goals by Tomas Nosek (SH), Patrice Bergeron (GW) and David Pastrnak … Linus Ullmark took the win in goal … SOG: Bos 24, NYR 26 … PP: 0/3 … PK: 1/3
- Boston 2 vs Edmonton 3 … Brad Marchand and David Pastrnak (1-1=2 totals) opened a 2-0 lead but dropped their 1st decision of the season in which they had led after 2 periods … Jeremy Swayman took the loss in goal … SOG: Bos 28, Edm 22 … PP: 0/2 … PK: 0/1
INJURIES (Total man-games lost in 2022-23: 85)
- Taylor Hall: Lower body (LTIR)
- Nick Foligno: Lower body (IR)
BOSTON vs DETROIT, LIFETIME SERIES
- The Bruins and Red Wings are meeting for the 613th time in their histories with the Bruins having a 255-257-95-5 record and 1,857-1,823 scoring advantage in those games.
- The Bruins are 168-94-43-2 lifetime vs. Detroit at home with a 1,083-807 scoring edge in those 307 contests.
- The Bruins currently have 24 players on their roster (1 IR, 1 LTIR) … 11 were drafted by the team, 7 were acquired in trade and 6 were signed as free agents.
- The Bruins play 16 matinees this season (local start time 4:00 pm or earlier) … They have a 7-1-1 record in afternoon games so far.
- The Bruins play 14 sets of back-to-back games this season … They are currently 7-0-2 in the 1st game of those sets and are 7-2-0 in the 2nd games so far.
- The Bruins are playing game 3 of their 15-game March schedule tonight (9 hm/6 rd, 2-1-0) … They will play 7 in April (3 hm/4 rd) … They went 8-1-0 in October, 11- 2-0 in November, 9-1-4 in December, 10-3-1 in January and 9-1-0 in February.
Mar. 2: Tyler Bertuzzi acquired from Detroit for 2024 first round (top-ten protected) and 2025 fourth round draft picks.
Mar. 2: David Pastrnak signed to an eight-year contract extension.
Mar. 2: Jakub Lauko recalled from Providence/AHL.