BUFFALO SABRES NOTES:
Monday, Feb. 13
Buffalo 2 at Los Angeles 5
Goals: Cozens, Krebs
Goalie: Anderson (23 saves/28 shots)
PP: 1/5; PK: 1/3; Shots: Buffalo 29 – Los Angeles 28
CURRENT INJURIES – (Man Games Lost: 102)
Player (injury, first game missed) – total games missed
TRANSACTIONS IN PAST SEVEN DAYS
Saturday, Feb. 18: Buffalo at San Jose, 10:30 p.m.
Tuesday, Feb. 21: Toronto at Buffalo, 7:30 p.m.
Thursday, Feb. 23: Buffalo at Tampa Bay, 7:00 p.m.
Friday, Feb. 24: Buffalo at Florida, 7:00 p.m.
Sunday, Feb. 26: Washington at Buffalo, 1:00 p.m.
SABRES AT DUCKS
• This is the second and final meeting between the Sabres and Ducks this season.
• Last meeting: Buffalo defeated Anaheim 6-3 in Buffalo on Jan. 21, 2023.
• The Sabres are 6-3-1 in their last 10 games against the Ducks; 5-5-0 on the road.
• This is the 44th game all-time between Buffalo and Los Angeles; Buffalo has a 22-17-4 series record.
• The Sabres are 12-9-0 on the road against the Ducks all-time.
THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW
• A win in tonight’s game would give Buffalo consecutive wins against the Ducks for the first time since the team earned two wins in a row from Oct. 21 to Dec. 22, 2018.
• The Sabres are 4-2-0 on the road against Pacific Division opponents this season. The last season Buffalo won at least five road games against Pacific teams was 2017-18, when Buffalo went 5-2-1 in such contests.
• In his last two games, Casey Mittelstadt has registered three points (1+2) and a point in tonight’s game would give him his second three-game point streak of 2022-23.
• Victor Olofsson has tallied 12 points (8+4) in his last 13 games.
• With a point in tonight’s game, Olofsson would earn his second point streak of three or more games this season (four games, Jan. 17 to 23).
• In four career games against the Ducks, Olofsson has recorded five points (3+2).
• Rasmus Dahlin has recorded 39 points (7+32) in his last 37 games, including eight points (1+7) in his last nine games.
• Alex Tuch has notched 10 points (4+6) in his last 11 games.
• Tage Thompson has recorded 18 points (8+10) in his last 17 games.
• Dylan Cozens has tallied 37 points (14+23) in his last 38 games.
• In his last 31 games, Jeff Skinner has notched 36 points (15+21).
• Skinner has 12 points (7+5) in his last twelve games against Anaheim.
• The Sabres are 15-8-2 on the road this season and are ranked eighth in the NHL in road points percentage (.640).
• .640 is the third-highest road points percentage in franchise history. The 2006-07 Sabres recorded a road points percentage of .659, the current team record.
• Since Nov. 22, the Sabres have gone 12-3-2 in away games and they are tied for first in road points earned (26) in that span.
• Buffalo is currently scoring 3.64 goals per game on the road this season, which would rank fifth all-time in Sabres franchise history for the most goals scored per game on the road in a single season.
• The Sabres also currently have the second-highest road power-play percentage (24.4) in franchise history. Only the 1979-80 Sabres (26.0 percent) scored on a higher percentage of power plays on the road.
• The Sabres currently rank second in franchise history in road winning percentage when scoring first (.833), trailing just the 2005-06 Sabres (.882).
• This season, the Sabres have gone 10-2-2 against Western Conference opponents on the road.
• Entering play on Feb. 14, Tage Thompson was tied for second among all NHL skaters in road points this season (36) and was tied for third in goals scored on the road (18).
• Rasmus Dahlin led all NHL defensemen in road goals (8) and ranked second in road points (27).
ANAHEIM DUCKS NOTES:
LAST ANAHEIM DUCKS GAME
Feb. 12, 2023 – ANAHEIM 2 @ VEGAS 7
The Ducks fell 7-2 to the Vegas Golden Knights at T-Mobile Arena in their second-ever game on a Super Bowl Sunday. Isac Lundestrom netted his second goal and added an assist, marking his second multi-point effort to the season and third point the last three games (1-2=3). Frank Vatrano netted his 13th goal (12th road goal) to push his goal total to six his last seven games (6-2=8). Derek Grant, Colton White and Trevor Zegras earned assists, with Zegras now earning seven assists in seven career games vs. Vegas (2-7=9). John Gibson made 32 saves in his 37th appearance.
PP: 0-3 PK: 2-2 SF: 25 SA: 39 TOI: Simon Benoit (22:55)
Three Stars: 1. J. Eichel 2. W. Carrier 3. S. Theodore
UPCOMING GAME SCHEDULE
DATE OPPONENT LOCATION TIME (PT) TV / AUDIO
Feb. 17 Los Angeles Honda Center 6 p.m. ESPN / Ducks Stream
Feb. 20 Florida FLA Live Arena 10 a.m. BSSC / Ducks Stream
Feb. 21 Tampa Bay Amalie Arena 4 p.m. BSSC / Ducks Stream
Feb. 23 Washington Capital One Arena 4 p.m. BSSC / Ducks Stream
Feb. 25 Carolina PNC Arna 4 p.m. BSSC / Ducks Stream
Feb. 6 Placed D Urho Vaakanainen on Injured Reserve (IR).
Feb. 7 Activated C Derek Grant from Injured Reserve (IR).
Feb. 10 Recalled G Olle Eriksson Ek from San Diego (AHL). Placed Troy Terry on Injured Reserve (IR).
Feb. 11 Recalled G Lukas Dostal from San Diego (AHL) and reassigned G Olle Eriksson Ek to San Diego.
ANAHEIM DUCKS INJURIES
Man-Games Lost: 282
PLAYER INJURY/ILLNESS EXPECTED ABSENCE GAMES MISSED
John Moore Upper-body Indefinite 54
Jamie Drysdale Torn labrum (shoulder) 4-6 months 46
Justin Kirkland Car accident Day-to-day 14
Urho Vaakanainen Lower-body Day-to-day 4
Troy Terry Upper-body Day-to-day 3
Anthony Stolarz Lower-body Day-to-day 2
ANAHEIM DUCKS NOTES
TONIGHT’S GAME: The Anaheim Ducks begin a two-game homestand tonight when they host the Buffalo Sabres at Honda Cent (7 p.m. PT, TV: Bally Sports SoCal AUDIO: Ducks Stream). Anaheim enters tonight’s game with points in six of their last seven games (4-2-1) in addition to a 5-3-1 record the last nine games and points in eight of the last 11 overall (5-4-2). The Ducks have also picked up points in 12 of their last 24 contests (9-12-3). The Ducks penalty kill enters tonight having killed 16 of the last 17 penalties (94.1%) dating to Jan. 28 (spanning five games), third among NHL clubs. Anaheim continues its 11-game February schedule today (1-2-1 to date), consisting of four home and seven road contests. All-time, Anaheim is 154-126-35 in the month of February. Since the start of 2012-13, Anaheim is 57-47-13 in the month, earning points in 70 of the 117 contests (.598%). Following tonight’s game, the Ducks will conclude the homestand Friday, Feb. 17 when they host the first Freeway Faceoff this season vs. Los Angeles Kings at Honda Center (6 p.m. PT, ESPN).
DUCKS-SABRES: Anaheim and Buffalo wrap up a two-game season series tonight at Honda Center. The Ducks have won three of the past five meetings with the Sabres overall (3-2-0) while earning points in six of the last 10 (4-4-2). In Orange County, the Ducks have earned points in seven of their last 10 games against the Sabres dating back to the 2009-10 season (5-3-2). Buffalo earned a 6-3 win Jan. 21 in Buffalo to open the 2022-23 series. Trevor Zegras recorded a career-tying 2-1=3 points in the contest, marking 2-2=4 points in three career games vs. the Sabres. The Ducks own an 18-19-6 all-time record vs. the Sabres, including a 9-10-2 mark at Honda Center. Adam Henrique (9-16=25 in 27 GP) leads active Ducks skaters in career scoring and goals vs. the Sabres and co-leads in assists alongside John Klingberg (0-16=16 in 15 GP).
ANA-BUF SEASON SERIES:
DATE LOCATION TIME / RESULT TV / AUDIO
Jan. 21 KeyBank Center 6-3 BUF win
Feb. 15 Honda Center 7 p.m. PT Bally Sports SoCal / Ducks Stream
ANA-BUF ALL-TIME SERIES:
Overall @ Anaheim @ Buffalo
All-Time Series: 18-19-6 9-10-2 9-9-4
Current Streak: One ANA win One BUF win One BUF win
Last ANA Win: Dec. 7, 2021 (2-0) Oct. 16, 2019 (5-2) Dec. 7, 2021 (2-0)
Last BUF Win: Jan. 21, 2023 (6-3) Oct. 28, 2021 (4-3 OT) Jan. 21, 2023 (6-3)
ANA Last 10: 4-4-2 5-3-2 6-4-0