BOSTON BRUINS NOTES:
– The Bruins visit the Stars tonight in the frst of two games between these teams this season and Boston’s lone visit to American Airlines Center this year … The Bruins are 9-1-1 overall this season and they are 4-1-0 on the road … They are 6-0-1 in games vs. Western Conference teams this season. -The Bruins conclude their current two-game road trip tonight in Dallas (0-1-0) … They next return home to host NY Islanders on 11/8.
RECENT GAMES -The Bruins dropped their frst regulation loss of the season with a 5-4 setback in Detroit on 11/4 … They had extended their club record from the start of the season to 9-0-1.
– 10/30: Bos 3 vs Fla 2/OT … The Bruins allowed the Panthers a 2-0 lead but came back with goals by Brad Marchand, Charlie McAvoy, and Pavel Zacha (1-1=2 totals including GWG at 3:36 of OT) … Linus Ullmark took the win in goal … SOG: Bos 26, Fla 37 … PP: 0/1 … PK: 0/3
– 11/2: Bos 3 vs Tor 2/SO … Pavel Zacha and Jake DeBrusk tallied twice before evening the score and sending to overtime and a shootout … DeBrusk and Charlie Coyle scored both goals in the win … Jeremy Swayman won his ffth decision of the season … SOG: Bos 40, Tor 35 … PP: 0/2 … PK: 0/2The Bruins. held
– 11/4: Bos 4 at Det 5 …The Bruins held 2-0 and 3-2 leads on goals by James van Riemsdyk, Mason Poitras and Charlie Coyle before Detroit rallied with three unanswered … David Pastrnak narrowed to 5-4 but could not add the equalizer … Linus Ullmark took the frst regulation loss … SOG: Bos 30, Det 40 … PP: 1/4 … PK: 2/8
BOSTON vs DALLAS, LIFETIME SERIES
– The Bruins and Stars are meeting for the 146th time in their franchise histories with a 86-31-23-5 advantage and a 549-378 scoring advantage in those games.
– The Bruins are 38-20-13-2 lifetime in 73 road games vs. the Stars with a 255-204 scoring edge in those contests.
DALLAS STARS NOTES:
INJURIES Man-games lost, 2023-24: 3
NAME INJURY # OF GAMES DATES
C Roope Hintz Upper body 1 Oct. 12
C Radek Faksa Upper body 3 Nov. 1-pres.
After traversing Canada for the past week, the Stars are back home to host the Boston Bruins tonight at American Airlines Center. (7 p.m. CT, Bally Sports Southwest Extra, The Ticket 96.7-FM/1310-AM). A battle of two of the top teams in their respective conferences, this is the first of two meetings between the Stars and Bruins, and the lone matchup in Dallas. They’ll meet once more in the regular season on Monday, Feb. 19, 2024 at TD Garden in Boston. Dallas enters tonight’s game in first place in the Central Division with 15 points (7-2-1), while Boston is tops in the Atlantic with 19 points (9-1-1).
CUT THE GREASE – The Stars went 0-1-1 against the Bruins last season, falling 3-1 at TD Garden on Oct. 25, 2022 and 3-2 in overtime on Feb. 14 at American Airlines Center. – Dallas is 36-84-25 all-time vs. Boston, including a 14-47-11 mark on the road. – Dallas has tallied points in two of the previous five visits to TD Garden (1-3-1), while the team sports a 4-4-1 record in its past nine road games against Boston. – Additionally, the Stars have earned points in 10 of the past 17 trips to Boston, posting an 8-7-2 record dating back to the 1997-98 season. – Among active Stars, captain Jamie Benn shares first in goals (7), assists (11) and points (7-11—18) in 20 career games against Boston. Of his 18 points, 10 (4-6—10) of them have come in nine road games against Boston. – Forward Matt Duchene shares first in goals (7), assists (11) and points (7-11—18) in a team-high 26 career games vs. the Bruins. Duchene also co-leads the squad in game-winning goals (2) against Boston. – Forward Tyler Seguin, selected second overall by the Bruins in the 2010 NHL Draft, has 13 points (7-6—13) in 18 career games against them. NAME INJURY # OF GAMES DATES C Roope Hintz Upper body 1 Oct. 12 C Radek Faksa Upper body 3 Nov. 1-pres. Dallas Stars: Media Notes – Forward Joe Pavelski shares first among active Stars in assists (11), ranks third in points (6-11—17) and shares fourth in goals (6) in 24 career games vs. the Bruins. – Forward Craig Smith spent parts of three seasons with Boston (2020-23), registering 33 goals and 78 points (33-45—78) in 170 games. The veteran has six goals and eight points (6-2—8) in 16 career contests against his former club. – Defenseman Ryan Suter co-leads active Stars in assists (11) and shares fourth in points (2-11—13) in 24 career contests against Boston. – Goaltender Jake Oettinger is 1-1-1 with a 1.98 goals-against average and .934 save percentage in three career appearances vs. Boston. – Netminder Scott Wedgewood is 1-3-0 with a 2.79 GAA and .927 SV% in four career appearances against the Bruins