BOSTON BRUINS NOTES:
- The Bruins visit the Stars tonight in the 2nd and final game between these teams this season and the Bruins’ lone visit to American Airlines Center.
- The Bruins are 39-8-5 overall this season and they are 17-6-2 on the road … The Bruins are 16-2-2 vs. Western Conference opponents.
- The Bruins are opening tonight a 2-game road trip, playing in Dallas on 2/14 and in Nashville on 2/16 … They are playing 7 game (2-3-1) in a span of 7-road-games in 8 games, with road games from 1/24-2/1 and a 2-1 loss home loss to Washington on 2/11 prior to this trip.
- The Bruins had their 6-game win streak (1/14-24) stopped on 1/24, and they are now 2-3-1 in their last 6 games, including 2-1 loss vs. Washington on 2/11 in their return from the All-Star break.
- They are now 10-2-2 in their last 14 road games, including a 9-0-1 road point streak from 12/11-1/24.
- The Bruins are 3-2-0 in their last 5 home games … That followed a 22-game home unbeaten at 19-0-3 and a 14- game home win streak, the longest from the start of a season in league history and longest point streak from a season’s start in Boston annals … It was also their fourth longest home point streak overall in team history.
- Boston 1 at Carolina 4 … Taylor Hall scored Boston’s lone goal … Linus Ullmark suffered consecutive losses for the 1st time this season … SOG: Bos 25, Car 36 … PP: 0/6 … PK: 1/4
- Boston 5 at Toronto 2 … Defensemen Derek Forbort and Brandon Carlo staked Boston to a lead and AJ Greer and 2 by Pavel Zacha finished the win … Charlie Coyle added 2 assists … Linus Ullmark made it to the All-Star break atop all goaltending categories at 26 wins, 1.90 GAA and .937 Sv% … SOG: Bos 29, Tor 35 … PP: 0/1 … PK: 1/2 – Boston 1 vs Washington 2 … The Bruins dropped their return from their bye week with their lone goal from Nick Foligno … Jeremy Swayman took the loss in net … SOG: Bos 28, Wsh 23 … PP: 0/4 … PK: 1/4
INJURIES (Total man-games lost in 2022-23: 64The Bruins )
- Jake DeBrusk: Hand and lower body injuries, IR
- Tomas Nosek: Non-displaced fracture in left foot
- Vinni Lettieri: Lower body injury suffered in practice
BOSTON vs DALLAS, LIFETIME SERIES
- The Bruins and Stars are meeting for the 145th time in their histories with the Bruins having an 85-31-23-5 record and a 546-376 scoring edge in those games.
- The Bruins are 37-20-13-2 lifetime in Dallas with a 252-202 scoring advantage in those 72 road contests.
- The Bruins won the 1st game of this season’s series with a 3-1 win in Boston on 10/25.
- The Bruins currently have 24 players on their roster (2 on IR) … 10 were drafted by the team, 4 were acquired in trade and 10 were signed as free agents.
- The Bruins play 16 matinees this season (local start time 4:00 pm or earlier) … They have a 5-1-1 record in afternoon games so far.
- The Bruins play 14 sets of back-to-back games this season … They are currently 6-0-2 in the 1st game of those sets and are 6-2-0 in the 2nd games so far.
- The Bruins are playing game 3 of their 10-game February schedule tonight (3 hm/7 rd, 1-1-0) … They will play 15 in March (9 hm/6 rd) and 7 in April (3 hm/4 rd) … They went 8-1-0 in October, 11- 2-0 in November, 9-1-4 in December and 10-3-1 in January.
Jan. 14: Pavel Zacha signed to a four-year contract extension.
Jan. 17: Joona Koppanen recalled from Providence/AHL.
Jan. 23: Marc McLaughlin recalled from Providence/AHL.
Jan. 30: Joona Koppanen and Marc McLaughlin returned to Providence/AHL.
Jan. 31: Jakub Lauko and Vinni Lettieri recalled from Providence/AHL.
Feb. 2: Jakub Lauko returned to Providence/AHL.
Feb. 9: Jakub Lauko recalled from Providence/AHL.
DALLAS STARS NOTES:
LAST DALLAS STARS GAME
Feb. 11, 2023 – STARS 1 vs. LIGHTNING 3
The Stars’ seven-game point streak (4-0-3) ended with a 3-1 loss to the Tampa Bay Lightning at American Airlines Center on Saturday afternoon. Captain Jamie Benn (1-0—1) tallied the lone goal for Dallas, who saw its two-game winning streak snap in the process. Benn’s goal, his second tally in as many games, gave him 21 on the season in 54 games (21-25—46). Making his 15th start of the season, goaltender Scott Wedgewood stopped 28 of 30 shots in his second career start vs. Tampa Bay (1-1-0, 1.00 GAA, .964 SV%, one shutout). Despite the loss, the Stars still maintain first place in the Western Conference with 70 points (30-14-10) and a three-point edge in the Central Division.
PP: 0-4 | PK: 1-1 | SF: 29 | SA: 31 | DAL TOI: Heiskanen (24:22) | Attendance: 18,532 (sellout)
Three Stars: 1. TBL – A. Cirelli 2. TBL – A. Vasilevskiy 3. DAL – S. Wedgewood
UPCOMING GAME SCHEDULE
Date Opponent Time (CT) Location TV/Radio
Tue., Feb. 14, 2023 Boston Bruins 7:30 p.m. American Airlines Center BSSW/KTCK
Fri., Feb. 17, 2023 Minnesota Wild 7 p.m. Xcel Energy Center BSSW/KTCK
Sat., Feb. 18, 2023 Columbus Blue Jackets 5 p.m. American Airlines Center BSSW/KTCK
Wed., Feb. 22, 2023 Chicago Blackhawks 8:30 p.m. American Airlines Center TNT/KTCK
Sat., Feb. 25, 2023 Vegas Golden Knights 9 p.m. T-Mobile Arena BSSW/KTCK
Feb. 8 – Recalled forward Marián Studenič from Texas (AHL)
Feb. 9 – Loaned forward Marián Studenič to Texas (AHL)
Feb. 10 – Recalled forward Marián Studenič from Texas (AHL)
Man-games lost, 2022-23: 23
NAME INJURY # OF GAMES DATES
D Miro Heiskanen Upper body 3 Oct. 25-29
G Jake Oettinger Lower body 4 Nov. 1-8
F Denis Gurianov Upper body 6 Nov. 11-21
F Roope Hintz Lower body 1 Nov. 19
F Roope Hintz Upper body 7 Jan. 10-21
F Joel Kiviranta Lower body 2 Feb. 8-pres.
DALLAS STARS NOTES
TONIGHT’S GAME: The Stars put the finishing touches on a four-game homestand coming off the bye week/All-Star break with a date against the Boston Bruins on Valentine’s Day at American Airlines Center. (7:30 p.m. CT, TV: Bally Sports Southwest, Radio: The Ticket 96.7-FM/1310-AM). This is the second and final meeting between the Stars and Bruins during the regular season and the lone matchup in Dallas. The Bruins earned a 3-1 victory in the series opener back on Oct. 25, 2022 at TD Garden. Boston currently ranks first in the NHL with 83 points (39-8-5) and have a 17-6-2 record on the road.
MY SOURCES SAY THE ROADS ARE CLEAR AND STREET SIGNS POINT THE WAY
- The Stars are 0-1-0 against the Bruins in 2022-23, falling 3-1 at TD Garden on Oct. 25, 2022.
- Dallas is 36-84-24 all-time vs. Boston, including a 22-37-13 mark at American Airlines Center.
- The Stars enter tonight’s matchup with a 2-1-0 record in their past three games against Boston on home ice, including a 6-1 victory in the most recent meeting in Dallas on Jan. 30.
- Forward Wyatt Johnston (1-0—1) scored the lone goal in the 2022-23 series opener on Oct. 25, 2022, while forwards Ty Dellandrea (0-1—1) and Jamie Benn (0-1—1) tacked on assists. Goaltender Jake Oettinger made 26 saves on 28 shots in the loss.
- Forward Tyler Seguin has six points (3-3—6) in his past five home games against the Bruins, including a two-goal three-point performance on Jan. 30. The former Bruins second overall pick of the 2010 NHL Draft has 13 points (7-6—13) in 17 career games against them.
- Benn leads active Stars in points (7-11—18), co-leads in assists (11) and shares the team lead in goals (7) in 19 career games against Boston. Of his 18 points, eight (3-5—8) of them have come in 10 home games against Boston.
- Forward Joe Pavelski ranks second among active Stars in points (6-9—15) and third in goals (6) and assists (9) in 23 career games vs. the Bruins.
- Forward Luke Glendening has four goals (4-0—4) in a team-high 26 career games vs. Boston.
- Defenseman Ryan Suter co-leads active Stars in assists (11) and shares third in points (2-11—13) in 23 career contests against Boston.
- Goaltender Jake Oettinger is 1-1-0 with a 1.52 goals-against average and .944 save percentage in two career appearances vs. Boston.
- Netminder Scott Wedgewood is 1-3-0 with a 2.79 GAA and .927 SV% in four career appearances against the Bruins. His lone victory was a 40-save shutout victory on March 7, 2021 at Boston (with New Jersey).
2022-23 REGULAR SEASON SCHEDULE
Oct. 25, 2022 at Boston – L, 3-1
Feb. 14 vs. Boston