BOSTON BRUINS NOTES:
– The Bruins travel to Buffalo tonight in the frst of three games between these teams this season and the frst of two visits to KeyBank Center this year … The Bruins are 11-1-2 overall this season and they are 5-1-1 on the road … They are 4-1-1 in games vs. Eastern Conference teams this season. -The Bruins conclude a two-game road trip tonight in Buffalo (0-0-1) and will next return home to host the Canadiens on 11/18 … They will then again travel for two games at Tampa Bay on 11/20 and Florida on 11/22..
– The Bruins have taken points from their last three games at 2-0-1 with a 3-2 win in Dallas on 11/6, a 5-2 victory vs. NY Islanders on 11/9 and a 3-2 OT setback in Montreal on 11/11. – 11/6: Bos 3 at Dal 2 … Johnny Beecher and Mason Lohrei each scored their frst NHL goals and Brad Marchand netted the gamewinner … Jeremy Swayman opened at 6-0-0 for the frst time in his career … SOG: Bos 29, Dal 37 … PP: 1/4 … PK: 0/3 – 11/9: Bos 5 vs NYI 2 … Charlie Coyle had a 3-1=4 night, including his frst career hat trick, David Pastrnak had 1-2=3 totals, and Trent Frederic (1-1=2), James van Riemsdyk and Brad Marchand (2A each) had multiple-point efforts … Linus Ullmark earned his fifth win of the season … SOG: Bos 35, NYI 29 … PP: 2/3 … PK: 1/1 – 11/11: Bos 2 at Mtl 3/OT … The Bruins sandwiched goals by Pavel Zacha and Brad Marchand (1-1=2 totals) around Canadiens scores and Montreal ended Boston’s ten-game win streak over the Canadiens over the Bruins at 2:13 of OT … Jeremy Swayman stopped his six-game win streak but extended his season-opening point streak to seven games … SOG: Bos 28, Mtl 27 … PP: 1/4 … PK: ¼
INJURIES (27 man-games lost)
– Morgan Geekie: Upper body IR – Milan Lucic: Lower body IR – Matt Grzelcyk: Upper body IR
BOSTON vs BUFFALO, LIFETIME SERIES
– The Bruins and Sabres are meeting for the 313th time in their histories with a 156-114-29-13 record and a 1,019-952 scoring edge in those games. – The Bruins are 67-68-15-7 lifetime in 157 games in Buffalo with the Sabres holding a 511-464 scoring advantage in those contests. – The Bruins have won their last four games in Buffalo and they are 9-0-1 overall in their last ten games of this season series.
– The Bruins started the 2023-24 season with a ten-game point streak at 9-0-1 from 10/11-11/2/2023), which was their longest such streak in club history … The Bruins had opened their season at 6-0-0, tying their 1937-38 Bruins for the longest win streak to open a season in franchise history. – Jeremy Swayman started his 2023-24 season with his longest such win streak at 6-0-0 … That tied Tuukka Rask (2016-17) and Tiny Thompson (1937-38) for second-longest such stretch in club history ahead of Tim Thomas (7-0-0 in 2010-11)
BUFFALO SABRES NOTES:
– (Man Games Lost: 51) Player (injury, first game missed) – total games missed
Jack Quinn (Achilles, Oct. 13; injured reserve) – 15 games
Eric Comrie (lower body, Oct. 29; injured reserve) – 7 games
Zach Benson (lower body, Nov. 1; injured reserve) – 6 games
Alex Tuch (upper body, Nov. 10) – 2 games
TRANSACTIONS IN PAST 7 DAYS
11/13: Assigned forward Brandon Biro to Rochester (AHL)
11/11: Assigned forward Matt Savoie to Wenatchee (WHL); Activated defenseman Mattias Samuelsson from injured reserve
SABRES vs. BRUINS
• This is the first of three meetings between the Sabres and Bruins this season. • Next meeting: Thursday, Dec. 7 in Boston. • Last meeting: Boston defeated Buffalo 7-0 in Buffalo on March 19, 2023. • The Sabres are 1-8-1 in their last 10 games against the Bruins; 1-8-1 at home. • This is the 313th game all-time between Buffalo and Boston; Buffalo has a 127-138-47 series record. • The Sabres are 75-58-24 at home against the Bruins all-time.
THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW
• If he plays in tonight’s game, Kyle Okposo will become the 381st skater in NHL history to reach 1,000 games played. • Okposo leads all current Sabres skaters in career goals (10), assists (18) and points (28) against Boston. • With a point in tonight’s game, Okposo would become the sixth skater to record a point in their 1,000th NHL game as a member of the Sabres. • Tage Thompson has notched 11 points (5+6) in his last nine games. • Jeff Skinner has recorded 12 points (6+6) in his last 11 games. • A point in tonight’s game would move Rasmus Dahlin into a tie with Rasmus Ristolainen for the sixth-most points by a defenseman in Sabres history (245). • JJ Peterka has registered eight points (4+4) in his last eight games. • Buffalo goaltenders have recorded a combined .932 save percentage in the team’s last two contests. • The Sabres are 5-1-0 this season when their goaltender records save percentage of .920 or better in the game.