ANAHEIM DUCKS NOTES:
LAST ANAHEIM DUCKS GAME
OCT. 24, 2023 – ANAHEIM 3 @ COLUMBUS 2 OT
The Ducks earned their first road win of the season, a 3-2 comeback win in overtime over the Columbus Blue Jackets Tuesday night at Nationwide Arena. Frank Vatrano scored the overtime winner 2:20 into the extra session to record his team-leading fifth goal and sixth point of the season (5-1=6). The OT goal marked the seventh of his career and first as a Duck. Brett Leason tied the game with 3:47 left in the third period, his first goal of 2023-24. Ryan Strome also netted his first goal of the campaign at 15:49 of the second frame. Bo Groulx earned his first point (primary assist) of the season on Vatrano’s OT goal, while Pavel Mintyukov and Mason McTavish also tallied assists. Ross Johnston earned his first point (assist) as a Duck on Strome’s second-period goal. Lukas Dostal earned his second win in three starts after stopping 35-of-37 shots in regulation and OT.
PP: 0-4 PK: 6-7 SF: 27 SA: 37 TOI: Cam Fowler (26:10)
Three Stars: 1. L. Dostal (ANA) 2. A. Fantilli (CBJ) 3. F. Vatrano (ANA)
UPCOMING ANAHEIM GAMES
DATE OPPONENT LOCATION TIME TV / AUDIO
Sat., Oct. 28 @ Philadelphia Wells Fargo Center 10 a.m. PT Bally Sports SoCal / Ducks Stream
Mon., Oct. 30 @ Pittsburgh PPG Paints Arena 4 p.m. PT Bally Sports SoCal / Ducks Stream
Wed., Nov. 1 ARIZONA Honda Center 7 p.m. PT Bally Sports West / Ducks Stream
Sat., Nov. 5 VEGAS Honda Center 7 p.m. PT Bally Sports SoCal / Ducks Stream
Mon., Nov. 7 PITTSBURGH Honda Center 7 p.m. PT Bally Sports SoCal / Ducks Stream
RECENT ANAHEIM TRANSACTIONS
Oct. 25, 2023 Recalled D Robert Hagg from San Diego (AHL)
PLAYER INJURY / ILLNESS EXPECTED TIME MISSED GAMES MISSED
Jamie Drysdale Lower-body Day-to-day 4
Brock McGinn Lower-body Day-to-day 6
Alex Killorn Fractured finger Approximately 5-6 weeks 6
Isac Lundestrom Torn Achilles Approximately 6 months 6
2023-24 Man Games Lost: 25
TONIGHT’S GAME: The Anaheim Ducks continue a four-game road trip tonight when they visit the Boston Bruins at TD Garden (4 p.m. PT, TV: Bally Sports SoCal, AUDIO: Ducks Stream). Anaheim and Boston meet for the second time in four days following Sunday’s contest at Honda Center (3-1 BOS win). The Ducks are in the midst of seven games in 12 nights (game 4), while tonight continues a stretch of five straight games Anaheim will face an Eastern Conference opponent. Upcoming milestones include Cam Fowler expected to appear in his 900th game as a Duck tonight, where he would become the first Ducks defenseman to reach the milestone and fourth skater overall (also Ryan Getzlaf, 1,157 GP; Corey Perry 988 GP; and Teemu Selanne, 966 GP). Following tonight’s game, the Ducks will continue the four-game trek vs. the Philadelphia Flyers on Saturday, Oct. 28 (10 a.m. PT) and conclude the trip in Pittsburgh on Monday, Oct. 30 (4 p.m. PT).
ANAHEIM-BOSTON ALL-TIME SERIES
OVERALL @ ANAHEIM @ BOSTON
All-Time Series 21-14-7 10-7-4 11-7-3
Current Streak Three BOS wins Two BOS wins One BOS win
Last ANA Win Mar. 1, 2022 (4-3) Mar. 1, 2022 (4-3) Jan. 24, 2021 (5-3)
Last BOS Win Jan. 8, 2023 (7-1) Jan. 8, 2023 (7-1) Oct. 20, 2022 (2-1 SO)
ANA Last 10 5-5-1 7-4-0 6-2-2
BOSTON BRUINS NOTES:
-The Bruins host the Ducks tonight in the second of two games between these teams this season and Anaheim’s lone visit toTD Garden this year … The Bruins are 6-0-0 overall this season and they are 2-0-0 on home ice … They are 6-0-0 vs. Western Conference teams.
-The Bruins open their current four-game home stand tonight vs. Anaheim (0-0-0) … They will continue hosting Detroit on Oct. 28, Florida on Oct. 30, and Toronto on Nov. 2.
-The Bruins have opened their 2023-24 Centennial season at 6-0-0 with a 3-1 win vs. Chicago on 10/11, a 3-2 victory vs. Nashville on 10/14, a 3-1 win in San Jose on 10/19, 4-2 victory in Los Angeles on 10/21, 3-1 win in Anaheim on Oct. 22 and 3-0 shutout in Chicago on 10/24 … It is tied for the longest win streak to open a season in franchise history (6-0-0 in 1937-38).
- 10/21: Bos 0 at LA 0 … The Bruins extended their point streak vs. the Kings to 12 games at 8-0-4 with a 0-0 win … David Pastrnak (1-2=3 totals) extended his season-opening goal streak to 5-3=8 totals, Morgan Geekie scored his frst as a Bruin, and Brad Marchand had 2-1=3 totals … Derek Forbort had two assists … Jeremy Swayman won the decision in goal … SOG: Bos 25, LA 34 … PP: 1/4 … PK: 1/6
- 10/22: Bos 3 at Ana 1 … The Bruins extended their season-opening win streak to 5-0-0, their longest such stretch since 1937-38 … Matt Poitras netted his frst two NHL goals and Brad Marchand scored an ENG for the win … Linus Ullmark was held to just one goal against for his third straight game … SOG: Bos 26, Ana 31 … PP: 0/5 … PK: 0/3
- 10/24: Bos 3 at Chi 0 … The Bruins had a season-high 43 shots with goals from Pavel Zacha, Trent Frederic and Matt Poitras in the win … Jeremy Swayman made 23 saves for his 10th career shutout … SOG: Bos 43, Chi 23 … PP: 0/4 … PK: 0/3
INJURIES (3 man-games lost)
- None reported.
BOSTON vs ANAHEIM, LIFETIME SERIES
- The Bruins and Ducks are meeting for the 43rd time in their histories with Anaheim holding a 19-20-2-1 margin and 116-113 scoring edge in those games.
- The Bruins and Ducks are even at 10-10-0-1 in 21 home games with Anaheim holding a 63-57 scoring advantage in those contests.
- The Bruins have won their last three games of this lifetime series, including a 3-1 road win on 10/22 of this season.
1: Season series completed this season (ANA 2-0-0)
6: Game win streak to start this season, which has tied the best start by the Bruins team since 1937-38 (6-0-0).
7: Players on the current roster new to the organization this season – Johnny Beecher, Patrick Brown, Morgan Geekie, Milan Lucic, Matt Poitras, Kevin Shattenkirk, James van Riemsdyk
9: Players on the current roster who played college hockey – Johnny Beecher, Patrick Brown, Charlie Coyle, Derek Forbort, Trent Frederic, Charlie McAvoy, Kevin Shattenkirk, James van Riemsdyk
11: Former frst round draft picks on the current roster – Johnny Beecher, Charlie Coyle, Jake DeBrusk, Derek Forbort, Trent Frederic, Hampus Lindholm, Charlie McAvoy, David Pastrnak, Kevin Shattenkirk, James van Riemsdyk, Pavel Zacha 96.0%: The Bruins killed their frst 18 times short and they are now 24/25 to open the season
579: Current streak of regular season and playoff games sold out at TD Garden.
- The Bruins currently have 21 players on their roster … 11 were drafted by the team, four were acquired in trade and six were signed as free agents.
- The Bruins play 11 matinees this season (local time 4:00 pm or earlier) … They have an 0-0-0 record in afternoon games so far.
- The Bruins play 12 sets of back-to-back games this season … They are currently 1-0-0 in the frst game of those sets and 1-0-0 in the second games so far.
- The Bruins are playing game seven of a nine-game October schedule tonight (fve home/four road, 6-0-0) … They will play 13 games in November (fve home/eight road) … They will play 13 games in December (six home/seven road) … They will play 14 games in January (seven home/seven road) …They will play 12 games in February (eight home/four road) … They will play 14 games in March (seven home/seven road) … They will play seven games in April (three home/four road).
October 25: Jackson Edward signed to a three-year entry-level contract.
October 25: Ian Mitchell placed on waivers for assignment to Providence/AHL.