ANAHEIM DUCKS NOTES:
LAST ANAHEIM DUCKS GAME
JAN. 28, 2023 – ARIZONA 1 @ ANAHEIM 2, OT
The Ducks won their third straight game in 2-1 overtime victory against the Arizona Coyotes Saturday, Jan. 28 at Honda Center. Anaheim earned their sixth overtime win of the season, third among NHL clubs (CAR, NJD, WPG, seven each). Trevor Zegras netted the game-winning goal, his third career OT goal and second of the season (also Oct. 30 vs. TOR). The goal marked his 18th of the campaign, tied with Adam Henrique for the team lead. John Klingberg earned two assists (0-2=2), including the lone assist on the OT winner, his fifth multi-point game of the season, his third multi-assist outing. Max Jones tied the game at one goal apiece with his fourth goal of the season at 12:32 of the second period, while Urho Vaakanainen earned his second assist of the campaign on the goal. John Gibson stopped 32-of-33 shots to earn his 10th win of the season and improve to 3-1-1 his last five appearances.
PP: 0-4 PK: 4-4 SF: 45 SA: 34 TOI: Cam Fowler (25:16)
Three Stars: 1. T. Zegras 2. J. Gibson 3. M. Jones
UPCOMING GAME SCHEDULE
DATE OPPONENT LOCATION TIME (PT) TV / AUDIO
Feb. 7 Chicago United Center 5:30 p.m. BSSC / Ducks Stream
Feb. 10 Pittsburgh Honda Center 7 p.m. BSW / Ducks Stream
Feb. 12 Vegas T-Mobile Arena 12:30 p.m. BSW / Ducks Stream
Feb. 15 Buffalo Honda Center 7 p.m. BSSC / Ducks Stream
Feb. 17 Los Angeles Honda Center 6 p.m. ESPN / Ducks Stream
Jan. 1 Reassigned G Lukas Dostal to San Diego (AHL). Activated G Anthony Stolarz from Injured Reserve (IR).
Jan. 2 Recalled D Colton White from a Conditioning Loan in San Diego (AHL).
Jan. 5 Assigned D Nathan Beaulieu to San Diego (AHL) on a Conditioning Loan.
Jan. 10 Placed C Justin Kirkland on Injured Reserve (IR).
Jan. 11 Activated LW Max Jones from Injured Reserve (IR).
Jan. 15 Recalled D Nathan Beaulieu from a Conditioning Loan in San Diego (AHL).
ANAHEIM DUCKS INJURIES
Man-Games Lost: 260
PLAYER INJURY/ILLNESS EXPECTED ABSENCE GAMES MISSED
John Moore Upper-body Indefinite 50
Jamie Drysdale Torn labrum (shoulder) 4-6 months 42
Derek Grant Lower-body Day-to-day 25
Justin Kirkland Car accident Day-to-day 10
Kevin Shattenkirk Lower-body Day-to-day 2
ANAHEIM DUCKS NOTES
TONIGHT’S GAME: The Anaheim Ducks open their post-All-Star break schedule tonight against the Dallas Stars at American Airlines Center in the first contest of a back-to-back matchup (5:30 p.m. PT, TV: Bally Sports SoCal AUDIO: Ducks Stream). The Ducks are coming off an eight-day break that included the bye week, having last played Jan. 28 vs. Arizona. Anaheim entered its break with a season-best three straight wins in addition to a 4-1-0 record the last five games (20 goals, 4.0 goals per game). Anaheim is 4-2-1 their last seven games coming off a season-long six-game road trip where the club earned points in four of the six contests and concluded a 13-game January schedule with points in seven contests (6-6-1). Anaheim begins its 11-game February schedule tonight, consisting of four home and seven road contests. All-time, Anaheim is 153-124-34 in the month of February. Since the start of 2012-13, Anaheim is 56-45-12 in the month, earning points in 68 of the 113 contests (.602%). Following tonight’s game, the Ducks will complete their seventh set of back-to-back matchups against the Chicago Blackhawks tomorrow at United Center (5:30 p.m. PT).
DUCKS-STARS: Anaheim and Dallas conclude a three-game season series tonight at American Airlines Center. Anaheim earned a 2-0 shutout against Dallas in the most recent meeting Jan. 4 in Orange County behind a 35-save performance by John Gibson. Dallas opened the 2022-23 season series with a 5-0 win Dec. 1 at American Airlines Center. The Ducks own a 48-72-12 all-time record vs. the Stars, including a 16-43-7 mark in Dallas. John Gibson owns a 5-7-1 record with two shutouts, a 2.59 GAA and .921 SV% in 14 career games vs. the Stars. Kevin Shattenkirk (5-23=28 in 37 GP) leads active Ducks skaters in in career scoring and assists, and co-leads in goals alongside Jakob Silfverberg (5-7=12 in 19 GP) and Adam Henrique (5-7=12 in 22 GP) vs. the Stars.
ANA-DAL SEASON SERIES:
DATE LOCATION TIME / RESULT TV / AUDIO
Dec. 1 American Airlines Center 5-0 DAL win
Jan. 4 Honda Center 2-0 ANA win
Feb. 6 American Airlines Center 5:30 p.m. PT Bally Sports West / Ducks Stream
ANA-DAL ALL-TIME SERIES:
Overall @ Anaheim @ Dallas
All-Time Series: 48-72-12 32-29-5 16-43-7
Current Streak: One ANA win One ANA win Nine DAL wins
Last ANA Win: Jan. 4, 2023 (2-0) Jan. 4, 2023 (2-0) Mar. 1, 2015 (3-1)
Last DAL Win: Dec. 1, 2022 (5-0) Mar. 31, 2022 (3-2 OT) Dec. 1, 2022 (5-0)
ANA Last 10: 2-7-1 6-3-1 1-9-0
DALLAS STARS NOTES:
LAST DALLAS STARS GAME
Jan. 27, 2023 – STARS 2 vs. DEVILS 3 (OT)
Forward Ty Dellandrea (1-0—1) tallied his seventh goal of the season to open the scoring against the Devils, while forward Roope Hintz (1-0—1) became the second Stars player to reach the 20-goal mark in 2022-23 and reached 100 career goals in the process (100-116—216 in 282 GP). Skating in his 999th career regular-season game, captain Jamie Benn (0-1—1) registered his 25th assist of the season, forward Joe Pavelski picked up his team-leading 34th assist of the 2022-23 campaign and defenseman Miro Heiskanen (0-1—1) reached the 40-point mark (7-33—40) with an assist in the game. Goaltender Jake Oettinger stopped 26 of 29 shots in the OT setback.
PP: 1-4 | PK: 3-3 | SF: 35 | SA: 29 | DAL TOI: Heiskanen (26:30 – game high) | Attendance: 18,532 (sellout)
Three Stars: 1. NJD – V. Vanecek 2. DAL – M. Heiskanen 3. NJD – J. Hughes
UPCOMING GAME SCHEDULE
Date Opponent Time (CT) Location TV/Radio
Mon., Feb. 6, 2023 Anaheim Ducks 7:30 p.m. American Airlines Center BSSWX/KTCK
Wed., Feb. 8, 2023 Minnesota Wild 7:30 p.m. American Airlines Center TNT/KTCK
Sat., Feb. 11, 2023 Tampa Bay Lightning 12 p.m. American Airlines Center ABC/KTCK
Tue., Feb. 14, 2023 Boston Bruins 7:30 p.m. American Airlines Center BSSW/KTCK
Fri., Feb. 17, 2023 Minnesota Wild 7 p.m. Xcel Energy Center BSSW/KTCK
Jan. 1 – Loaned forward Fredrik Olofsson to Texas (AHL)
Jan. 1 – Signed forward Joe Pavelski to a one-year contract extension through the 2023-24 season
Jan. 2 – Recalled forward Fredrik Olofsson from Texas (AHL)
Jan. 16 – Loaned forward Nick Caamano to Texas (AHL)
Jan. 24 – Loaned forward Fredrik Olofsson to Texas (AHL)
Man-games lost, 2022-23: 21
NAME INJURY # OF GAMES DATES
D Miro Heiskanen Upper body 3 Oct. 25-29
G Jake Oettinger Lower body 4 Nov. 1-8
F Denis Gurianov Upper body 6 Nov. 11-21
F Roope Hintz Lower body 1 Nov. 19
F Roope Hintz Upper body 7 Jan. 10-21
DALLAS STARS NOTES
TONIGHT’S GAME: Back from their extended time away, the Stars return to action tonight against the Anaheim Ducks at American Airlines Center. (7:30 p.m. CT, TV: Bally Sports Southwest Extra, Radio: The Ticket 96.7-FM/1310-AM). This is the first of four in a row at home coming out of the break, while it’s also a stretch that sees the Stars play eight consecutive contests at AAC. Tonight’s matchup wraps up the three-game season series between the Stars and Ducks, which has featured two shutouts. Dallas earned a 5-0 victory at home on Dec. 1, 2022, but Anaheim responded with a 2-0 triumph on Jan. 4 at Honda Center.
MY SOURCES SAY THE ROADS ARE CLEAR AND STREET SIGNS POINT THE WAY
- The Stars are 79-38-15 all-time against the Ducks, including a 48-12-6 mark at home.
- Dallas enters tonight’s game with wins in eight of the past 10 (8-2-0) against Anaheim and is riding a nine-game home winning streak (9-0-0) vs. the Ducks dating back to the start of the 2015-16 season.
- Furthermore, the Stars have points in 18 of the past 20 matchups against them at American Airlines Center (15-2-3).
- Forward Jason Robertson (3-0—3) recorded his third career hat trick in the win over Anaheim on Dec. 1, 2022. Robertson has five points (4-1—5) in five career games against them.
- Defenseman Miro Heiskanen (0-3—3) tied a career high with three points in Dallas’ 5-0 victory vs. Anaheim in the series opener. Heiskanen enters tonight’s matchup with seven points (2-5—7) in 10 career games vs. the Ducks.
- Forward Roope Hintz has six points (2-4—6) in seven career games against the Ducks. Hintz (0-2—2) registered two helpers in the series opener on Dec. 1, 2022.
- Forward Joe Pavelski leads active Stars in career scoring against Anaheim with 37 points (14-23—37) in a team-high 73 games. He also paces the team in goals (14), power-play tallies (7) and shots on goal (218) and co-leads in assists (23).
- Captain Jamie Benn co-leads active Stars in assists (23) and ranks second in goals (11) and points (11-23—34) in 45 games vs. the Ducks. He also leads the squad with four game-winning goals, including an overtime winner on March 31, 2022 at Honda Center in Anaheim.
- Forward Tyler Seguin has 13 points (all assists) in 25 career games but is still in search of his first goal against the Ducks in his career. Anaheim (25 GP) and Seattle (3 GP) are the only teams he’s yet to score on.
- Defenseman Ryan Suter ranks second among active Stars in games played (62) and third in assists (21) and points (5-21—26) vs. Anaheim. He also paces the club in TOI/G against the Ducks (24:38).
- Defenseman Jani Hakanpää earned two points (1-1—2), including his first career NHL goal, in 47 games with Anaheim (2019-21) after signing as a free agent with the club on July 3, 2019.
- Goaltender Jake Oettinger is 4-0-0 with a 1.50 goals-against average, .942 save percentage and one shutout in four career appearances against Anaheim.
- Netminder Scott Wedgewood is 1-1-0 with a 3.52 GAA and .891 SV% in two career appearances vs. the Ducks.
2022-23 REGULAR SEASON SCHEDULE
Dec. 1 vs. Anaheim – W, 5-0
Jan. 4, 2023 at Anaheim – L, 2-0
Feb. 6, 2023 vs. Anaheim