RAMS WR COOPER KUPP, PACKERS LB DE’VONDRE CAMPBELL & SAINTS P BLAKE GILLIKIN NAMED NFC PLAYERS OF THE MONTH FOR OCTOBER
Wide receiver COOPER KUPP of the Los Angeles Rams, linebacker DE’VONDRE CAMPBELL of the Green Bay Packers and punter BLAKE GILLIKIN of the New Orleans Saints are the NFC Offensive, Defensive and Special Teams Players of the Month for the month of October (Weeks 4-8).
OFFENSE: WR COOPER KUPP, LOS ANGELES RAMS
- Since Week 4, Kupp ranks second in the league with 38 receptions and 557 receiving yards (111.4 per game) and tied for third with five receiving touchdowns to help the Rams to a 4-1 record during the month of October.
- He is the only player in the league with at least 100 receiving yards and a touchdown reception in three games during the month of October.
- Kupp wins Offensive Player of the Month for the second consecutive month, joining running backs Todd Gurley (2017) and Pro Football Hall of Famer Marshall Faulk (2000 and 2001), as the only other Rams to earn multiple Offensive Player of the Month awards in a single season.
- Kupp becomes the first Rams wide receiver to earn the honor twice.
DEFENSE: LB DE’VONDRE CAMPBELL, GREEN BAY PACKERS
- In five games, Campbell recorded 45 tackles, three tackles for loss, two forced fumbles, two passes defensed, one interception and one sack during the month of October.
- He is the only player in the league with at least 45 tackles, two forced fumbles and one interception since Week 4.
- This is the first Defensive Player of the Month award for Campbell and the first for the Packers since linebacker Clay Matthews (September, 2010).
- Campbell joins linebacker Karl Mecklenburg (November, 1989) as the only former Minnesota players to win Defensive Player of the Month.
SPECIAL TEAMS: P BLAKE GILLIKIN, NEW ORLEANS SAINTS
- Gillikin averaged 49.6 yards on 17 punts (45.5 net), with a league-high five being placed inside the 10-yard line and four being placed inside the 5-yard line.
- This is the first Special Teams Player of the Month for Gillikin and he becomes the first Saints punter to ever earn the honor.
- He also becomes the first former Nittany Lion punter to win Special Teams Player of the Month.
2021 NFC PLAYERS OF THE MONTH
|September||WR Cooper Kupp, L.A. Rams||CB Trevon Diggs, Dallas||P Mitch Wishnowsky, San Francisco|
|October||WR Cooper Kupp, L.A. Rams||LB De’Vondre Campbell, Green Bay||P Blake Gillikin, New Orleans|