VIKINGS WR JUSTIN JEFFERSON, BEARS LB ROBERT QUINN & EAGLES K JAKE ELLIOTT NAMED NFC PLAYERS OF THE MONTH FOR NOVEMBER
Wide receiver JUSTIN JEFFERSON of the Minnesota Vikings, linebacker ROBERT QUINN of the Chicago Bears and kicker JAKE ELLIOTT of the Philadelphia Eagles are the NFC Offensive, Defensive and Special Teams Players of the Month for the month of November (Weeks 9-12).
OFFENSE: WR JUSTIN JEFFERSON, MINNESOTA VIKINGS
- Since Week 9, Jefferson leads the league with 464 receiving yards (116 per game) and ranks tied for second in the NFC in receiving touchdowns (three) and third in receptions (24).
- In Week 11, Jefferson recorded his 11th career game with at least 100 receiving yards, tied for the second-most such games by a player in his first two seasons in the Super Bowl era.
- This is the first Offensive Player of the Month award for Jefferson and he joins Jake Reed (September, 1997) and Pro Football Hall of Famer Cris Carter (November, 1999) as the only Vikings wide receivers to earn the honor.
- Jefferson becomes the first former LSU player to win Offensive Player of the Month.
DEFENSE: LB ROBERT QUINN, CHICAGO BEARS
- In three games, Quinn recorded 14 tackles, 5.5 sacks, five tackles for loss and one forced fumble.
- In Week 11, his career-high 3.5 sacks were tied for the third-most by a player in a single game this season.
- This is the first Defensive Player of the Month award for Quinn and he is the first Bear to earn the honor since defensive back Eddie Jackson (November, 2018).
- Quinn is the fourth former North Carolina player to win the Defensive Player of the Month award and first since Julius Peppers (November, 2011).
SPECIAL TEAMS: K JAKE ELLIOTT, PHILADELPHIA EAGLES
- Elliot converted all eight of his field goal attempts (two from over 50 yards) and all 11 of his points after attempts during the month of November, totaling 35 points since Week 9.
- This is the first Special Teams Player of the Month award for Elliot and he is the first Eagles kicker to earn the honor since David Akers (November, 2010).
- Elliot joins kicker Stephen Gostkowski (five-time winner) as the only former Memphis players to win the Special Teams Player of the Month award.
2021 NFC PLAYERS OF THE MONTH
|September||WR Cooper Kupp, L.A. Rams||CB Trevon Diggs, Dallas||P Mitch Wishnowsky, San Francisco|
|WR Cooper Kupp, L.A. Rams
WR Justin Jefferson, Minnesota
|LB De’Vondre Campbell, Green Bay
LB Robert Quinn, Chicago
|P Blake Gillikin, New Orleans
K Jake Elliott, Philadelphia