Friday, September 10 TV/Digital Time
North Dakota at Utah State CBS Sports Network 7 p.m. MT
UTEP at Boise State FS1 7:30 p.m. MT
Saturday, September 11 TV/Digital Time
Wyoming at Northern Illinois ESPN+ 12:30 p.m. CT
Air Force at Navy CBS 3:30 p.m. ET
New Mexico State at New Mexico Stadium 5 p.m. MT
San Diego State at Arizona Pac-12 Network 7 p.m. MT
UNLV at #25/23 Arizona State ESPN2 7:30 p.m. MT
Cal Poly at Fresno State MWN/CW59 7 p.m. PT
Vanderbilt at Colorado State CBS Sports Network 8 p.m. MT
Idaho State at Nevada Stadium 7:30 p.m. PT
Hawai‘i at Oregon State FS1 8 p.m. PT
AROUND THE MOUNTAIN WEST
• The Mountain West finished last weekend with a pair of victories over autonomous-5 opponents, more than the ACC, Big 12, MAC, Pac-12 (1) and AAC (0).
• Air Force will honor the B-52 Stratofortress with the 2021 edition of the Air Power Legacy Series uniform, which will debut this Saturday at Navy, the 20-year anniversary of 9/11.
• Fresno State RB Ronnie Rivers is the nation’s active leader with 45 career touchdowns, setting the program career record on Saturday, Aug. 28. Rivers is seven touchdowns shy of tying for fifth-most in Mountain West history, a spot currently held by San Diego State’s Rashaad Penny (2014-17).
• Nevada is coming off a victory at Cal (Sept. 4) and has now won three out of its last five games against autonomous-5 opponents. The Wolf Pack can improve that win figure on Saturday, Sept. 18 at Kansas State.
• Last Saturday, Utah State, which recorded a 12-point fourth-quarter comeback at Washington State, registered its first victory over an autonomous-5 team since 2014 (Wake Forest). The Aggies are looking to open the season 2-0 for the first time since 2012.
• A win on Saturday against in-state rival New Mexico State will give New Mexico four-consecutive victories, dating back to the end of the 2020 season. The Lobos are seeking its first four-game win streak since 2016 (5).
• San José State, the defending Mountain West champions, will enter the 2021 Conference season riding an eight-game win streak, which is the fourth-longest active league win streak nationally. In 2020, the Spartans were 7-0 in MW play and haven’t lost a league contest Nov. 23, 2019.
• Colorado State punter Ryan Stonehouse, who returns for a fifth season, is the NCAA’s career punting average record holder (47.1).
• Against all autonomous 5 competition, the Mountain West has won 13 of its last 27 games, including 11 against the Pac-12.
• In the past 17 years, the Mountain West has been the top non-autonomous 5 conference nine times and second five times.
• The Mountain West has been nationally-ranked in 21 of the last 28 College Football Playoff Rankings.
• The Mountain West produced the first non-automatic-qualifying FBS team into a BCS bowl game (Utah – 2005 Fiesta Bowl) and into the College Football Playoff (Boise State – 2014 Fiesta Bowl).