SUNDAY, OCT. 3, 2021 // 1:00 PM ET // U.S. BANK STADIUM // REFEREE: TONY CORRENTE
ON THE AIRWAVES
TV: CBS (1:00 PM ET): Kevin Harlan, Trent Green, Melanie Collins (field reporter)
SIRIUS: 148 (Cle.), 106 (Min.) | XM: 389 (Cle.), 231 (Min.) | SXM App: 807 (Cle.), 820 (Min.)
REGULAR-SEASON SERIES HISTORY
LEADER: Vikings lead all-time series, 11-4
STREAKS: Vikings have won 5 of past 6
LAST GAME: 10/29/17 (London): Vikings 33 vs. Browns 16
LAST GAME AT SITE: 9/22/13: Browns 31, Vikings 27
CLEVELAND BROWNS LEADERS MINNESOTA VIKINGS
W 26-6 vs. Chicago LAST WEEK W 30-17 vs. Seattle
Kevin Stefanski: 0-0 COACH VS. OPP. Mike Zimmer: 1-0
28.7/20.0 PTS. FOR/AGAINST 29.0/26.0
410.0 OFFENSE 425.0
Baker Mayfield: 59-80-780-2-2-102.1 PASSING Kirk Cousins: 88-119-918-8-0-118.3
Nick Chubb: 48-262-5.5-3 (T1L) RUSHING Dalvin Cook: 42-192-4.6-1
Kareem Hunt (RB): 10-104-10.4-0 RECEIVING Adam Thielen: 21-181-8.6-4
248.7 DEFENSE 409.7
Myles Garrett: 5.5 (1L) SACKS Danielle Hunter: 4
Malcolm Smith: 1 INTs Nick Vigil, Xavier Woods: 1
-2 (2/4) TAKE/GIVE +1 (2/1)
Jamie Gillan: 42.8 (40.6) PUNTING (NET) Jordan Berry: 48.5 (43.7)
Chase McLaughlin: 24 (9/9 PAT; 5/5 FG) KICKING Greg Joseph: 27 (9/10 PAT; 6/7 FG)
• QB BAKER MAYFIELD completed 19 of 31 passes (61.3 pct.) for 246 yards & TD vs. 0 INTs for 97 rating & rushed for season-high 31 yards last week. Aims for his 5th in row with 95+ rating. Aims for his 7th in row on road with 250+ pass yards.
• RB NICK CHUBB led team with 84 rush yards last week. Aims for his 5th in row with 80+ rush yards. Aims for his 6th in row on road with rush TD. Ranks 3rd in NFL with 262 rush yards in 2021. RB KAREEM HUNT led team with 155 scrimmage yards (81 rush, 74 rec.) & had rush TD last week, his 6th-career game with 150+ scrimmage yards. Aims for his 3rd in row on road with rush TD. Has rush TD in 3 of his past 4 vs. NFC.
• WR ODELL BECKHAM JR. had 5 catches for team-high 77 rec. yards last week in season debut. Aims for his 3rd in row vs. NFC with 5+ catches & 75+ rec. yards. WR RASHARD HIGGINS has 75+ rec. yards in 2 of his past 3 on road. TE AUSTIN HOOPER had 1st TD catch of season in Week 3. Had 9 catches for 77 yards in his last game vs. Min. (9/8/19 w/ Atl.).
• DE MYLES GARRETT had franchise-record 4.5 sacks last week, his 11th-career game with 2+ sacks, tied 3rd-most in NFL since 2017. Aims for his 8th in row on road with 0.5+ sacks. Leads NFL with 5.5 sacks in 2021. DE JADEVEON CLOWNEY had 1st 2 sacks
of season in Week 3, his 6th-career game with 2+ sacks. Aims for his 5th in row with TFL. Has 6 TFL in 3 career games vs. Min.S RONNIE HARRISON had PD & 1st sack of season last week. Aims for 3rd in row with TFL.
• QB KIRK COUSINS passed for 323 yards & 3 TDs vs. 0 INTs for 128.4 rating in Week 3. Is 1 of 2 QBs (MATTHEW STAFFORD) with 2+ TDs & 100+ rating in each of 1st 3 games of season. Can join TOM BRADY (2010-11) as only QBs with 2+ TDs, 0 INTs & 100+ rating in 6 straight games. Has 90+ rating in 17 straight games, 2nd-longest streak in NFL history. Aims for his 3rd start in row vs. Cle. with 2+ TDs & 100+ rating.
• RB DALVIN COOK has 1,031 scrimmage yards (171.8 per game) & 5 rush TDs in his past 6 at home. Has 100+ rush yards & 150+ scrimmage yards in 5 of his past 6 at home. Has rush TD in 4 of his past 5. Since 2019, is 1 of 2 RBs (DERRICK HENRY) with 30+
rush TDs (30). RB ALEXANDER MATTISON had career-high 171 scrimmage yards (112 rush, 59 rec.) last week.
• WR ADAM THIELEN had 6 catches for 50 yards & rec. TD in Week 3. Is 1 of 2 NFC WRs (COOPER KUPP) with rec. TD in each of 1st 3 games of season. Has 9 rec. TDs in his past 8 at home & aims for his 5th in row at home with TD catch. Had 98 rec. yards & TD catch in last meeting. WR JUSTIN JEFFERSON had 9 catches for 118 yards & rec. TD last week, his 8th-career 100- yard game. Aims for his 3rd in row with rec. TD. Has 5 rec. TDs in his past 5 at home.
• DE DANIELLE HUNTER had FF in last meeting. DE EVERSON GRIFFEN had 1st sack of season last week. Had sack in last meeting. LB ERIC KENDRICKS had 11 tackles & 10th-career sack last week. Aims for his 5th in row with 10+ tackles.