THURSDAY, SEPT. 23, 2021 // 8:20 PM ET // NRG STADIUM // REFEREE: ALEX KEMP
ON THE AIRWAVES
TV: NFLN (8:20 PM ET): Joe Buck, Troy Aikman, Erin Andrews, Kristina Pink (field reporters)
NATIONAL RADIO: Westwood One: Dave Pasch, Mike Golic
SIRIUS: 81 (Car.), 83 (Hou.) | XM: 226 (Car.), 225 (Hou.) | SXM App: 804 (Car.), 812 (Hou.)
REGULAR-SEASON SERIES HISTORY
LEADER: Panthers lead all-time series, 3-2
STREAKS: Panthers have won past 3
LAST GAME: 9/29/19: Panthers 16 at Texans 10
LAST GAME AT SITE: 9/29/19
CAROLINA PANTHERS LEADERS HOUSTON TEXANS
W 26-7 vs. New Orleans LAST WEEK L 31-21 at Cleveland
Matt Rhule: 0-0 COACH VS. OPP. David Culley: 0-0
22.5/10.5 (1L) PTS. FOR/AGAINST 29.0/26.0
382.0 OFFENSE 375.5
Sam Darnold: 50-73-584-3-1-100.5 PASSING Davis Mills (R): 8-18-102-1-1-58.1
Christian McCaffrey: 45-170-3.8-1 RUSHING Mark Ingram: 40-126-3.2-1
DJ Moore: 14-159-11.4-1 RECEIVING Brandin Cooks: 14-210-15.0-1
190.0 (1L) DEFENSE 375.0
Haason Reddick: 3 SACKS Three tied: 1
Three tied: 1 INTs Justin Reid: 2 (T1L)
+1 (3/2) TAKE/GIVE +3 (5/2)
Joseph Charlton: 38.5 (37.0) PUNTING (NET) Cameron Johnston: 47.5 (43.2)
Zane Gonzalez: 8 (2/3 PAT; 2/3 FG) KICKING Joey Slye: 16 (7/7 PAT; 3/4 FG)
• QB SAM DARNOLD had 305 pass yards & 2 TDs vs. INT for 99.1 rating in Week 2. Aims for his 3rd in row with 275+ pass yards & 95+ rating. Passed for 253 yards & 2 TDs vs. 0 INTs for 100 rating in only career start vs. Hou. (12/15/18 w/ NYJ).
• RB CHRISTIAN MCCAFFREY had 137 scrimmage yards (72 rush, 65 rec.) & rush TD in Week 2. Leads NFL with 324 scrimmage yards & all RBs in catches (14) in 2021. Had 10 receptions, 179 scrimmage yards (93 rush, 86 rec) & rush TD in last meeting. Has 255 scrimmage yards (85 per game) & 4 TDs (3 rec., 1 rush) in 3 career TNF games.
• WR DJ MOORE had team-high 8 receptions for 79 yards & TD catch last week. Has 90+ rec. yards in 2 of his past 3 vs. AFC South. WR ROBBY ANDERSON had 7 catches for 96 yards & rec. TD in only career game vs. Hou. (12/15/18 w/ NYJ). Had 5+ catches in 6 of 8 road games last season. WR BRANDON ZYLSTRA had 1st-career TD catch in Week 2. TE DAN ARNOLD had 55 rec. yards last week.
• LB SHAQ THOMPSON had 12 tackles & sack in last meeting. LB HAASON REDDICK had 1.5 sacks in Week 2 & aims for his 3rd in row with 1.5+ sacks. DE BRIAN BURNS had sack last week. Has sack in 6 of his past 7 on road. Aims for his 5th in row with sack. Has 2.5 sacks, FF & FR-TD in 4 career games vs. AFC South. S JEREMY CHINN had 6+ tackles in all 7 of his road games last season. Rookie CB JAYCEE HORN had 1st-career INT last week. CB JUSTON BURRIS had 6th-career INT in Week 2.
• QB DAVIS MILLS expected to make 1st NFL start. Passed for 102 yards & TD vs. INT last week in NFL debut. Selected in 3rd round (67th overall) in 2021 NFL Draft out of Stanford.
• RB MARK INGRAM had 2 TDs (1 rush, 1 rec.) in his last game on TNF (12/12/19 vs. NYJ, w/ Bal.). Leads all active RBs in rush yards (7,450) & rush TDs (63). RB DAVID JOHNSON had TD catch in his last game vs. Car. (9/22/19 w/ Az.). Has TD in 5 of his past 6 vs. NFC South. Has 487 scrimmage yards (121.8 per game) & 3 rush TDs in 4 career games on TNF. RB PHILLIP LINDSAY had 1st TD catch of season last week. Is 1 of 3 in NFL (AARON JONES & CORDARRELLE PATTERSON) with rush TD & rec. TD this season.
• WR BRANDIN COOKS had 9 catches for 78 yards & TD in Week 2. Aims for 4th in row with 75+ rec. yards. Has TD catch in 3 of past 4. WR DANNY AMENDOLA has rec. TD in 2 of 3 career games vs. Car. Has 75+ rec. yards in 2 of his past 3 on TNF.
• LB ZACH CUNNINGHAM had 6 tackles last week & leads NFL with 176 tackles since 2020. Had 14 tackles & TFL in last meeting. LB CHRISTIAN KIRKSEY had 6 tackles, TFL & FR in Week 2. Is 1 of 3 in NFL (JOURDAN LEWIS & XAVIEN HOWARD) with INT & FR this season. Has PD in 2 of 3 career games on TNF. LB KAMU GRUGIER-HILL led team with career-high 9 tackles & had 1st sack & FF of season last week. LB JACOB MARTIN had 1st sack of season in Week 2. Aims for his 4th in row on TNF with TFL. S JUSTIN REID had INT & FF last week. Is 1 of 2 in NFL (TREVON DIGGS) with INT in each of 1st 2 weeks of season