CHIEFS TE TRAVIS KELCE, BILLS LB MATT MILANO & PATRIOTS DB MARCUS JONES NAMED AFC PLAYERS OF WEEK 11
Tight end TRAVIS KELCE of the Kansas City Chiefs, linebacker MATT MILANO of the Buffalo Bills and defensive back MARCUS JONES of the New England Patriots are the AFC Offensive, Defensive and Special Teams Players of the Week for games played in Week 11 (November 17, 20-21).
OFFENSE: TE TRAVIS KELCE, KANSAS CITY CHIEFS
- Kelce recorded six receptions for 115 yards and three touchdowns, including the game-winning 17-yard touchdown reception with 31 seconds remaining in the Chiefs’ Week 11 victory. He is the third tight end in the Super Bowl era with two games of three-or-more touchdown receptions in a single season, joining Todd Christensen (1983) and Pro Football Hall of Famer Kellen Winslow Sr. (1982).
- Kelce has 33 career games with at least 100 receiving yards and surpassed Rob Gronkowski (32 games) for the most such games by a tight end in NFL history.
- This is the second-career Offensive Player of the Week award for Kelce (Week 15, 2021) and first this season.
- He is the fifth tight end to win the award multiple times, joining Pro Football Hall of Famer Shannon Sharpe (three), Alge Crumpler (two), Jimmy Graham (two) and Rob Gronkowski (two).
DEFENSE: LB MATT MILANO, BUFFALO BILLS
- Milano recorded 12 tackles, three tackles for loss, one sack and one fumble recovery in Buffalo’s 31-23 victory over Cleveland in Detroit. He is the first player with at least 10 tackles, three tackles for loss, one sack and a fumble recovery in a single game since Ryan Shazier (Week 2, 2015).
- This is the second-career Defensive Player of the Week award for Milano (Week 3, 2018) and first this season.
- Milano is the fourth former Boston College player to win Defensive Player of the Week multiple times, joining Luke Kuechly (five times), Mathias Kiwanuka (twice) and Mike Mamula (twice).
SPECIAL TEAMS: DB MARCUS JONES, NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS
- Jones recorded an 84-yard punt-return touchdown with five seconds remaining in the Patriots’ 10-3 win over the New York Jets. It marked the first punt-return touchdown in the NFL this season.
- Jones became the sixth player to record a game-winning punt-return touchdown in the final two minutes of regulation or in overtime since 1970 and it was second-latest game-winning punt-return touchdown in regulation since 1970, trailing only DeSean Jackson (no time remaining on December 19, 2010).
- This is Jones’ first-career Special Teams Player of the Week award and he becomes the fourth Patriots rookie to earn the honor since 2000, joining Jake Bailey (Weeks 3 and 11, 2019), Bethel Johnson (Week 13, 2003) and Laurence Maroney (Week 7, 2006).
- Jones is the first player from Houston to win Special Teams Player of the Week.
2022 AFC PLAYERS OF THE WEEK
|Wk 1Wk 2Wk 3Wk 4Wk 5Wk 6||QB Patrick Mahomes, Kansas CityQB Tua Tagovailoa, MiamiQB Trevor Lawrence, JacksonvilleQB Patrick Mahomes, Kansas CityQB Josh Allen, BuffaloQB Josh Allen, Buffalo||S Minkah Fitzpatrick, PittsburghCB Jaylen Watson, Kansas CityDE Trey Hendrickson, CincinnatiS Jordan Poyer, BuffaloLB Matthew Judon, New EnglandDL Quinnen Williams, N.Y. Jets||K Cade York, ClevelandP Braden Mann, N.Y. JetsP Corliss Waitman, DenverK Evan McPherson, CincinnatiK Chase McLaughlin, IndianapolisK Dustin Hopkins, L.A. Chargers|
|Wk 7||QB Joe Burrow, Cincinnati||CB Sauce Gardner, N.Y. Jets||K Randy Bullock, Tennessee|
|Wk 8Wk 9Wk 10||RB Derrick Henry, TennesseeRB Joe Mixon, CincinnatiRB Jonathan Taylor, Indianapolis||DE Dre’Mont Jones, DenverLB Justin Houston, BaltimoreLB Alex Highsmith, Pittsburgh||K Nick Folk, New EnglandK Cameron Dicker, L.A. ChargersP Ryan Stonehouse, Tennessee|
|Wk 11||TE Travis Kelce, Kansas City||LB Matt Milano, Buffalo||DB Marcus Jones, New England|