CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS NOTES:
TONIGHT’S BROADCAST INFORMATION
TV: NBCSCH – Chris Vosters (PxP) and Patrick Sharp (analyst); TNT – Eddie Olczyk (PxP), Kenny Albert
(analyst) and Keith Jones (analyst)
RADIO: WGN-AM 720 – John Wiedeman (PxP) and Troy Murray (analyst)
Saturday, Feb. 25 at SJS, 9:00 p.m. CT (NBCSCH, WGN Radio)
Monday, Feb. 27 at ANA, 9:00 p.m. CT (NBCSCH, WGN Radio)
Tuesday, Feb. 28 at ARI, 8:00 p.m. CT (NBCSCH, WGN Radio)
Thursday, March 2 vs. DAL, 7:30 p.m. CT (NBCSCH, WGN Radio)
Saturday, March 4 vs. NSH, 7:00 p.m. CT (NBCSCH, WGN Radio, Univision (Spanish))
Feb. 21 – Placed MacKenzie Entwistle on IR … Feb. 15 – Recalled Cole Guttman, Isaak Phillips and Brett Seney from Rockford … Placed Alex Stalock, Jarred Tinordi and Jonathan Toews on IR … Feb. 7 – Activated Tyler Johnson and Jarred Tinordi off IR … Feb. 5 – Recalled Jaxson Stauber from Rockford … Jan. 29 – Assigned Luke Philp, Filip Roos and Jaxson Stauber to Rockford.
LAST TIME OUT
Score: Chicago (3) vs. VGK (2) – SO – Tue., Feb. 21 – United Center
CHI Goals: Guttman (2), Johnson (7; PP), Johnson (SO)
VGK Goals: Kolesar (6), Eichel (18)
Goalies: CHI – Mrazek (34/36, 63:43) VGK – Brossoit (37/39, 65:00)
CHI PP: 1/3; PK: 1/1
VGK PP: 0/1; PK: 2/3
Recap: The Blackhawks defeated the Vegas Golden Knights in a shootout on Tuesday night after tying the game with less than a minute left in the third period … Tyler Johnson scored both the game-tying goal and game-deciding goal in the shootout … Cole Guttman scored the Blackhawks’ first goal of the game, this second in as many games … Patrick Kane notched an assist on Johnson’s goal, extending his point streak to three games (5G, 2A) … Max Domi also tallied an assist on the goal, stretching his point streak to four (1G, 7A) … Petr Mrazek made 34 saves on 36 shots in the victory and his 17th career shootout win.
TONIGHT’S OPPONENT – DALLAS STARS
The Blackhawks have points in six of their last nine games against Dallas (3-3-3) … Chicago fell to the Stars 6-4 earlier this season … Max Domi tallied two points (1G, 1A) while Seth Jones, Connor Murphy, and Andreas Athanasiou scored the other three goals … Athanasiou has goals in his last two games against the Stars (2G) … Patrick Kane has 10 points (1G, 9A) his last nine games against the club, including four multi-point efforts … Jason Dickinson celebrated a three-point night in his last game against his former team on April 18, 2022 with Vancouver … Dickinson was originally drafted by Dallas in the first round (29th overall) in the 2013 NHL Draft and played there from 201s5-21 … Seth and Caleb Jones are both from Arlington, Texas.
2022-23 Schedule/Results: HOME: March 2, March 28 | AWAY: Nov. 23 (4-6), Feb. 22
All-Time Record: 146-110-40 | Home: 83-45-18 | Road: 63-65-22
Last Home Win: May 9, 2021 (4-2) | Last Road Win: March 11, 2021 (4-2) | Last Home Loss: April 10,
2022 (4-6) Last Road Loss: Nov. 23, 2022 (4-6)
ACTIVE BLACKHAWKS VS. DAL ALL-TIME
GOALS: Patrick Kane, 30; Andreas Athanasiou, 5; Tyler Johnson, 5
ASSISTS: Patrick Kane, 43; Jack Johnson, 17; Max Domi, 13
POINTS: Patrick Kane, 73; Jack Johnson, 21; Max Domi, 17
LONG STORY SHORTHANDED: The Blackhawks went 1-for-1 on the penalty kill on Tuesday against Vegas and have now gone 16-for-19 (84.2%) over their last eight games … Chicago has gone 39-for-45 (86.7%) on the penalty kill over the last 17 games dating back to Jan. 12, which ranks seventh in the NHL over that span … The team shares eighth in the League with six shorthanded goals this season, four of which came in a three-game span from Oct. 15 – 23 … The team’s three-game streak of scoring a shorthanded goal tied the longest in franchise history, which has happened six times previously, most recently from Feb. 5 – 11, 2009 … Chicago is the first club to score a shorthanded goal in three-straight games since the Ottawa Senators accomplished the feat during the 2019-20 campaign … Sam Lafferty scored two shorthanded goals against the Sharks on Oct. 15 … He is just the seventh Blackhawks player since 1933- 34 (when goals by type officially began being tracked) to score two shorthanded goals in a single period, joining Rene Bourque (Feb. 28, 2008), Patrick Sharp (Nov. 3, 2007), Steve Sullivan (Jan. 26, 2001), Rick Paterson (Jan. 16, 1985), Chico Maki (Dec. 9, 1970) and Pep Kelly (Dec. 26, 1940).
BLACKHAWKS RECORD ON…
One-Day Rest: 13-13-1
Two-Days Rest: 3-4-0
Three+ Days Rest: 2-2-2
First Game of a B2B: 1-5-1
Second Game of a B2B: 0-8-1
BLACKHAWKS RECORD BY DAY
DALLAS STARS NOTES:
LAST DALLAS STARS GAME
Feb. 18, 2023 – STARS 1 vs. BLUE JACKETS 4
The Stars fell in regulation for just the second time in the past 11 games (4-2-5) following a 4-1 loss to the Columbus Blue Jackets on Saturday, Feb. 18. Scoring the lone goal for the Stars was forward Ty Dellandrea (1-0—1), who lit the lamp for the eighth time this season. Making his 16th start of the 2022-23 campaign, goaltender Scott Wedgewood made 33 saves on 36 shots. Dallas and Columbus split the two-game season series, with the Stars taking the opener, 2-1, on Dec. 19, 2022 at Nationwide Arena. PP: 0-1 | PK: 1-1 | SF: 29 | SA: 36 | DAL TOI: Heiskanen (25:01 – game high) | Attendance: 18,532 (sellout)
Three Stars: 1. CBJ – J. Korpisalo 2. CBJ – A. Boqvist 3. DAL – T. Dellandrea
UPCOMING GAME SCHEDULE
Date Opponent Time (CT) Location TV/Radio
Wed, Feb. 22, 2023 Chicago Blackhawks 8:30 p.m. American Airlines Center TNT/KTCK
Sat, Feb. 25, 2023 Vegas Golden Knights 9 p.m. T-Mobile Arena BSSW/KTCK
Mon, Feb. 27, 2023 Vancouver Canucks 7:30 p.m. American Airlines Center BSSW/KTCK
Wed, March 1, 2023 Arizona Coyotes 7:30 p.m. American Airlines Center BSSW/KTCK
Thu, March 2, 2023 Chicago Blackhawks 7:30 p.m. United Center BSSW/KTCK
Feb. 10 – Recalled forward Marián Studenič from Texas (AHL)
Feb. 15 – Loaned forward Marián Studenič to Texas (AHL)
Feb. 16 – Recalled forward Fredrik Karlstrom from Texas (AHL)
Feb. 18 – Recalled forward Fredrik Olofsson from Texas (AHL)
Feb. 19 – Loaned forwards Fredrik Karlstrom and Fredrik Olofsson to Texas (AHL)
Feb. 20 – Recalled forwards Fredrik Karlstrom and Fredrik Olofsson from Texas (AHL)
Feb. 21 – Loaned forwards Fredrik Karlstrom and Fredrik Olofsson to Texas (AHL)
Feb. 22 – Recalled forward Fredrik Olofsson and goaltender Matt Murray from Texas (AHL)
Man-games lost, 2022-23: 27
NAME INJURY # OF GAMES DATES
D Miro Heiskanen Upper body 3 Oct. 25-29
G Jake Oettinger Lower body 4 Nov. 1-8
F Denis Gurianov Upper body 6 Nov. 11-21
F Roope Hintz Lower body 1 Nov. 19
F Roope Hintz Upper body 7 Jan. 10-21
F Joel Kiviranta Lower body 5 Feb. 8-pres.
F Luke Glendening Undisclosed 1 Feb. 18-pres.
DALLAS STARS NOTES
TONIGHT’S GAME: The Stars close out a brief two-game homestand this evening against the Chicago Blackhawks at American Airlines Center. (8:30 p.m. CT, TV: TNT Radio: The Ticket 96.7-FM/1310-AM). This marks the second of four meetings between the two clubs this season and the final meeting in Dallas. The Stars opened the four-game set with a 6-4 victory at American Airlines Center on Nov. 23, 2022. These clubs will face each other two more times next month with games on March 2 and March 28 at United Center.
MY SOURCES SAY THE ROADS ARE CLEAR AND STREET SIGNS POINT THE WAY
- The Stars are 1-0-0 vs. the Blackhawks this season, pulling off a thrilling 6-4 comeback victory on Nov. 23, 2022 at American Airlines Center. Dallas erased a three-goal deficit with under 10 minutes remaining in the third period and scored five unanswered goals in the final frame that night.
- It marked the first time in franchise history (1967-present) that the club won a game in regulation after overcoming a three-goal, third-period deficit with under 10 minutes remaining in regulation.
- Captain Jamie Benn (1-1—2) and forwards Mason Marchment (1-0—1) and Ty Dellandrea (1-0—1) scored third-period goals in a 3:57 span as the Stars erased a 4-1 deficit, and forward Radek Faksa (1-0—1) put Dallas up 5-4 with 1:33 remaining in the third.
- Benn, who has nine points (3-6—9) over his past 12 home games vs. Chicago, ranks second among active Stars in assists (31) and third in assists (11) and points (11-31—42) in 54 career games against them.
- Forward Jason Robertson (2-0—2) had a multi-goal performance in the series opener giving him 14 points (8-6—14) in 12 career games against the Blackhawks. Of his eight goals, three were game winners, tops among active Stars.
- Forward Joe Pavelski picked up an assist in the first meeting of the season vs. the Blackhawks and leads active Stars in goals (23) and power-play markers (7) and ranks second in points (23-24—47) and third in assists (24) in 55 career games against them. Pavelski also paces the club in shorthanded goals (2) and ranks second in shots on goal (141).
- Forward Tyler Seguin had an assist in Dallas’ 6-4 victory over Chicago in the series opener. Seguin ranks second among active Stars in goals (14) and fourth in assists (14) and points (14-14—28) in 35 career games vs. the Blackhawks.
- Faksa enters tonight’s game with seven goals and 12 points (7-5—12) in 31 career games against Chicago.
- Defenseman Ryan Suter leads active Stars in assists (41) and points (7-41—48) in a team high 81 career games against the Blackhawks.
- Goaltender Jake Oettinger is 1-0-0 vs. Chicago this season and 5-1-2 with a 2.59 goals-against average and .912 save percentage in nine career appearances against the Blackhawks.
- Netminder Scott Wedgewood is 0-2-0 with a 2.57 GAA and .924 SV% in two career appearances vs. Chicago.
2022-23 REGULAR SEASON SCHEDULE
Nov. 23, 2022 vs. Chicago – W, 6-4
Feb. 22 vs. Chicago
March 2 at Chicago
March 28 at Chicago