STADIUM: Empower Field at Mile High
REFEREE: John Hussey
DATE: Sunday, October 8, 2023
GAME TIME: 4:25 PM ET
CBS: Andrew Catalon, Tiki Barber, Matt Ryan, AJ Ross
SiriusXM (team name linked to SXM App) NYJ: 113 or 385 DEN: 85 or 226
ALL-TIME SERIES HISTORY
REG. SEASON: DEN leads series, 21-17-1 (won 2 of past 3)
THE LAST TIME …
REG. SEASON: 10/23/22: NYJ 16 at DEN 9
HEAD COACHES NOTES:
Robert Saleh vs. Opponent (incl. postseason): 1-1 Reg. Season: 12-26 (.316) Postseason: 0-0
Sean Payton vs. Opponent (incl. postseason): 3-1 Reg. Season: 153-92 (.624) Postseason: 9-8 (.529)
NEW YORK JETS NOTES:
- QB ZACH WILSON set season highs in completions (career-high 28), comp. pct. (71.8), pass yards (245), TD passes (2) & rating (career-high 105.2) last week. Aims for 3rd in row with 0 INTs. Has 0 INTs in 3 of his past 4 road starts.
- RB BREECE HALL led team with 69 scrimmage yards (56 rush, 13 rec.) last week. Rushed for 72 yards & TD in last meeting. Has 60+ scrimmage yards & TD in 4 of 5 career road games.
- RB DALVIN COOK had rush TD in only career game vs. Den. (11/17/19 w/ Min.).
- WR GARRETT WILSON tied career high with 9 catches for 60 yards last week. Aims for 3rd in row with 5+ catches. Has 60+ rec. yards in 2 of past 3. Aims for his 3rd in row on road with 80+ rec. yards. Had 4 catches in last meeting.
- WR ALLEN LAZARD led team with season-high 61 rec. yards & had 1st TD catch of season in Week 4. Aims for his 3rd in row vs. AFC West with rec. TD.
- TE TYLER CONKLIN had season-best 58 rec. yards last week. Has 50+ rec. yards in 2 of past 3. Had 4 catches in last meeting.
- TE C.J. UZOMAH had 1st TD catch of season in Week 4.
- DL QUINNEN WILLIAMS had 1st half sack of season last week. Had PD in last meeting & has TFL in 2 of 3 career games vs. Den.
- LB QUINCY WILLIAMS led team with season highs in tackles (13), TFL (2) & PD (2) last week. Aims for his 9th in row with 7+ tackles & 3rd in row with TFL. Has PD in 4 of his past 5.
- LB C.J. MOSLEY had season-best 11 tackles & 1st INT of season in Week 4. Aims for 3rd in row with 10+ tackles. Has PD in 2 of past 3. Had 7 tackles in last meeting.
- CB SAUCE GARDNER had career-high 10 tackles & 3 PD in last meeting. Has 16 PD in 10 career road games.
DENVER BRONCOS NOTES:
- BRONCOS overcame 21-point 2nd-half deficit to win last week, tied for biggest comeback in NFL this season (NYG in Week 2).
- QB RUSSELL WILSON completed 21 of 28 atts. (75 pct.) for 223 yards & 3 TDs vs. 0 INTs for season-high 133.5 rating last week, his 30th-career game with 3+ TD passes & 0 INTs, 1 of 7 players all-time with 30+ career games. Is 1 of 2 QBs (Brock Purdy) with 105+ rating in 3 games this season. Is 3-0 with 9 TDs vs. INT & 132.6 rating in 3 career starts vs. NYJ, with 2+ TD passes & 120+ rating in each game. Aims for his 5th in row at home with 2+ TD passes.
- RB JAVONTE WILLIAMS has 55+ scrimmage yards in 3 of 4 games this season. Had 62 scrimmage yards (33 rush, 29 rec.) with rush TD in last meeting.
- RB JALEEL MCLAUGHLIN (rookie) led team with career-high 104 scrimmage yards (72 rush, 32 rec.) & 1st-career rec. TD last week. Has TD in 2 of his past 3.
- WR COURTLAND SUTTON had rec. TD last week & is 1 of 4 in NFL with TD catch in 3 games this season.
- WR JERRY JEUDY aims for 3rd in row with 50+ rec. yards. Had 7 catches for 96 yards in last meeting. Aims for his 3rd in row vs. NYJ with 60+ rec. yards. Has 70+ rec. yards in 4 of his past 5 at home.
- WR MARVIN MIMS (rookie) has 70+ rec. yards in 2 of past 3.
- S JUSTIN SIMMONS has 10 tackles in 2 of his past 3 at home. Has 27 career INTs, tied-4th most among active safeties.
- S KAREEM JACKSON had 8 tackles & game-sealing INT in 4th qtr. last week, 2nd INT of season. Aims for 3rd in row with 8+ tackles.
- LB NIK BONITTO had career-high 2.5 sacks & 2nd-career FF in Week 4. Has sack in 2 of past 3. Aims for 4th in row with 2+ TFL
- LB ALEX SINGLETON led team with season-high 12 tackles last week, his 2nd-straight game with 10+ tackles.