After the first weekend of non-stop World Series of Poker action at Turning Stone Resort Casino, New York’s #1 gaming resort today announced the tournament is far exceeding expectations. With more than 3,000 entries over the first four days of the WSOP tournament, Turning Stone has already crowned three WSOP Circuit winners: two from New York and one from Cincinnati, OH. All three are first-time WSOP Circuit winners.
WSOP Circuit winners receive cash winnings, a coveted WSOP Ring – the trophy of the WSOP Circuit event – and a chance to compete in the Tournament of Champions in Las Vegas this summer.
– WSOP Event 1 Winner: Joe Rice, Waterford, NY
- Joe won $27,372, his first WSOP Gold Ring and earned a seat in the Tournament of Champions in Las Vegas
- Total cash winnings for this event was $133,900
– WSOP Event 2 Winner: Chad Roederscheimer, Cincinnati, OH
- Chad won $100,145, his first WSOP Gold Ring and earned a seat in the Tournament of Champions in Las Vegas
- Total prize pool for this event was $702,570
– WSOP Event 3 Winner: Tom Frank, Ilion, NY
- Tom won $31,629, his first WSOP Gold Ring and earned a seat in the Tournament of Champions in Las Vegas
- Total prize pool for this event was $163,980
The WSOP Circuit events at Turning Stone have poker players vying for more than $1 million. Based on the success and turnout at Turning Stone already, WSOP tournament organizers are anticipating even larger cash prizes than expected. On the events so far, cash winnings have more than tripled the amount Turning Stone and WSOP guaranteed as the minimums.
The largest event of the WSOP at Turning Stone will kick-off on Friday, 25 March with a guaranteed minimum of $500,000 in cash up for grabs. Guests can register for the $500,000 event until 3:00 p.m. on Sunday, 27 March.
Players interested in participating in the World Series of Poker® at Turning Stone can register in person in the Turning Stone Event Center. The WSOP tournament ends on Monday, 28 March.